• This topic has 12 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tami.
Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

i am getting my srs surgery soon and I’m scared. What should i expect down the road post surgery?

Tami
      Lady

Recovery really was not that bad, just keep up with the pain meds to stay ahead of the pain. Initially I stayed naked most of the time, but because of post op discharge, pads or panty liners are a must. Once the packing is removed, at one week post op, the schedule of dilation will begin, be prepared for life to center around dilation for a little while. My schedule was 4x per day initially, and over time it will be less frequent. Do keep up with your dilation schedule, it is important. You will likely be discharged from the hospital with a catheter still in place, it is kind of a pain to deal with the bag, but overall not too bad. Depending on your surgeon, you may be sent to physical therapy for the pelvic floor muscles, working with a specialized therapist, not sure how common this is but it was something my surgeon did. Sex will be out of the question for 6 weeks as you heal.

Now, 8 months post op life has settled down to just living, everything is healed, and functions lol. It is incredible having a body that is “right”. Feel free to pm me is you have more specific questions, I will be happy to answer anything you may want to ask. Hope this helps!

Tami

Anonymous

Thank you. what’s it like having a vagina post-srs?

Tami
      Lady

amazing, simply amazing. Really don’t know how else to describe it, other than it just feels right.

Anonymous

How long do you have to dilate?

Tami
          Lady

The schedules will vary by surgeon, but it is the most frequent after surgery. My schedule went 3 wks 4x/day, 3 wks 3x/day, 3 wks 2x/day, 3 wks 1x/day. Now it is 1x weekly and that will continue for life.

Anonymous

How much does it hurt and what does dilation do?

Tami
            Lady

Pain level will vary by individual and how much you push to stretch things out. It ranged from uncomfortable to painful for me. Dilation prevents the neo vagina from healing shut, thus maintain both depth and width. The pelvic floor muscles will need to be stretched like any other muscle for flexibility. So dilation both stretches the skin of the neo vagina, and also stretches and loosens the pelvic floor muscles. The dilators are extremely hard plastic with no give. Soul Source sells a wonderful set that was designed for GRS. They offer dilators ranging from 7/8″ diameter to 1 1/2″ diameter. You work your way up through them per your surgeon’s instructions. One thing dilation will not do is give you a ton of additional depth, maybe 1″. Your depth with depend on your anatomy. If you have 6″ pre op, you will get around 5″. Realistic expectations are a must, don’t expect to suddenly be able to handle a guys 12″ to full depth lol. Of course as a lesbian my partner and I can adjust to me, a straight woman will not have that luxury and dilation is probably more important depending on the partner lol.

Anonymous

Do I have to find a gynecologist then?

Tami
          Lady

Yes, you will need to get annuals. After 5 years of HRT mammograms are necessary as well.

Anonymous

Was it exciting to go to a gynecologist for the first time as a woman?

Tami
            Lady

My OBG was part of the surgical team and also managed my HRT, my first annual is not for another 4 months. Really it is just another doctor visit, no big deal to me, other than getting to chat and visit lol.

Anonymous

I’m excited now! I finally get to have the body I knew I should’ve had all along

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transitioning for Transsexual Women’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?