Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Wow, It has been a long time since I’ve post here. This is the first forum that I came out as Clarissa, after divulging that to my wife.

Why so long? 

We live in an age with technology that we can be quickly distracting: Reddit, Kik, Instagram, Twitter etc. etc. I’ve failed in knowing how great this community here is. I didn’t take it for granted, just distracted. 

I’ve come along way but, I feel like I’ve stagnated myself based upon job changes, going from a physically active job to a sedentary one, gaining weight and trying to find a happy medium between all my interests and my femininity. To a certain degree, along with stress from work, I find myself questioning what to do and how to do it all. 

I haven’t found a happy medium and sometimes feel like I’m between two worlds. For me they are the same and when I get to a “low” point my interests in everything is stagnant, including my femininity.

The question, how do you get past those feelings of being down, depressed and having a hard time putting your heels on?

When I was a kid, Willie Mays was one of the top tier players in Major League Baseball. Someone asked him how did he work his way out of a slump, which everyone has from time to time; even the great ones.

He said that if he was in a batting slump, he concentrated on his fielding. If he was having a fielding slump, he would concentrate on his batting.

I’ve always thought that this was a very interesting approach because you lighten your focus on where you are struggling, rather than raising it.

That is a really cool way to think about it. Also, coming from one of the greatest ball players of all time. Thanks Babe!!!

What I’ve found is that there are nuggets of pure insight all around. The trick is to recognize one when it presents itself. That’s the tough part…

I will have to open my eyes a little wider. Sometimes I have myopic view based upon work, life and art. But that quote says I don’t have to always be on all the time. I truly appreciate it.

Prudence
      Ambassador

Hi Clarissa!  If the answer to that question presents itself to me, you will be the first to know.   Hugs  Pru

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Clarissa.

Having recently gone through a stagnation period where my interest was very low in just about everything I was doing, (I was on the verge of purging), I simply stepped back and stopped for a while and waited until that dark mood passed. Luckily I’ve learned over the years that purging never works.

I’ve tried to force myself but feel more like a dude in a wig than my femme self. I am kind of laying low at the moment. Thankfully, I’ve never had the desire to purge.

Anonymous
          Lady

If it doesn’t feel right then just relax and put your stuff away until the desire and need comes again. Happy to hear you haven’t purged.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I am trying very hard to find that balance myself. One thing I have learned from my ups & downs, is to enjoy the girl time I get.

Hugs, Liara

I really enjoy my girl time. My last time felt forced and I wasn’t comfortable. The process was amazing but being out of practice made me feel really off!!

Anonymous

Honestly, I felt the same way quite often over the past two+ years. The pandemic definitely interupted the flow of our lives. I found myself living largely in isolation, deliberately avoiding crowds and even small groups, and I definitely gained weight.

In recent weeks I have been taking concrete steps to get back out, visiting places in girl-mode that I had frequented before Covid. Its taken a while to get my confidence back, but the rediscovered freedom has made my initial nervousness worth hearing.

I gained weight after COVID. That is one of the places that I’m struggling with. I changed positions and the stress is different but the same. So, dragging my rear out of the bed to get on the elliptical has been tough recently.

I’ve not been out yet. Mostly because when I’ve had the chance my family made last minute plans and being cute takes a long time. 😂

But that means going to the doctor. 😂

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?