- September 7, 2020 at 7:53 pm #381780Diana WParticipantRegistered On: July 9, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 209Has thanked: 881 timesBeen thanked: 902 times
Okay, so this is going to be pretty tame compared to what some of you ladies do, but it was a big deal to me!
I walked to our local coffee shop today wearing a pair of women’s shorts and a women’s top. It wasn’t overly obvious as neither item was particularly frilly but just knowing I was wearing them, it felt amazing. Nobody commented. Nobody stared even though I walked right past several people. I’m nowhere near ready to go out in a dress or a skirt but at least I have an option to get my outdoor CD fix.
Total of 44 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- September 12, 2020 at 8:03 am #383030rebekka mooreParticipantRegistered On: January 7, 2017Topics: 74Replies: 812Has thanked: 370 timesBeen thanked: 1405 times
You are braver than I! About 2 years ago I started going out in public (and dressing at home) in hybrid mode. Everything below my waist is womans clothing. Pants, shoes, hose or tights, its the only way I can go out. With some outfits and shoes its more obvious that others, but it does feel great!
You go gurl!
- September 10, 2020 at 6:41 pm #382692Natalie MooreParticipantRegistered On: June 3, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 31Has thanked: 122 timesBeen thanked: 245 times
Great start! Small steps lead to bigger things, I hope you find just as I did and many other ladies on here that an outing should be fun rather then a living nightmare! Have fun and enjoy every time you can go out!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- September 9, 2020 at 1:03 pm #382348Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1428Has thanked: 2313 timesBeen thanked: 4246 times
You’re off to a good start. I began with ladies’ tees from Walmart, then morel girly tops, ladies’ jeans (GV), and this year I added shorts to my wardrobe. And of course, panties and bras. It takes time to work up to skirts and dresses, but you will get there.
- September 9, 2020 at 10:56 am #382296Marlene RobertsParticipantRegistered On: December 9, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 91Has thanked: 1106 timesBeen thanked: 208 times
Walmart’s has a great variety of clothes in the lady’s dept that can be worn by men or women as you say. And at out local one I can even use the women’s dressing room since they remodeled the try on are. Haven;t been there since the bug started so I don’t know if the dressing rooms are open but probably not.
- September 9, 2020 at 6:59 am #382224michaela janeParticipantRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 195Has thanked: 170 timesBeen thanked: 345 times
Yes, stealth dressing, or as some call it “Hybrid” mode. I have been doing the hybrid for about 10 years now. I usually buy my clothes at Walmart and much prefer to use the womens dept. Tank tops, polo shirts, shorts and long pants can all be found that don’t attract any attention when worn by a man.
- September 9, 2020 at 5:59 am #382214Christine RelleumParticipantRegistered On: March 1, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 39Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 124 times
For the past few weeks on my days off I’ve been experimenting with stealth cross dressing to see how much I can get away with without attracting too much attention. I wear panties every day regardless and I have an extensive collection of women’s jeans, mostly Gloria Vanderbilt, that I’m comfortable in. The only time I wear socks now is for work as on my days off I’ve gone at least to women’s knee highs and trouser socks; if I anticipate being able to try on dresses at a store I will wear a pair of thigh high stay ups or even full tights or pantyhose, or at least pack a pair of thigh highs in my purse. I’ve also been able to go out in a women’s blouse over a bra and my forms. The only downside is that among my shoe collection there are a limited number of pairs that I’m able to wear comfortably for at least most of the day, so my try on kit for the dressing rooms includes at least one pair of proper dress heels in addition to some sort of foundation garment or slip, a pair of thigh highs and at least one strapless bra in case I find a strapless or off the shoulder dress that I like to see myself in, along with one of my wig if I feel really good about donning it in the dressing room.
So far I’ve had success in this endeavor, with a few even complimenting my on the shoes (usually either a pair of black Magdesian kitten heels or black ankle boots). I’m not confident yet to go out in a skirt or a dress, but I’m doing OK for now.
- September 8, 2020 at 4:58 pm #382083Marlene RobertsParticipantRegistered On: December 9, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 91Has thanked: 1106 timesBeen thanked: 208 times
- September 8, 2020 at 3:07 pm #382044Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1897Has thanked: 568 timesBeen thanked: 3377 times
- September 8, 2020 at 6:58 am #381888Joanne JacksonParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 47Has thanked: 77 timesBeen thanked: 148 times
That one small step for ma’am.
One giant leap for ma’am-kind.
I am taking those similar steps out too now. Nothing too outrageous but it’s there if you look. Such a great feeling.
Diana, I wish you all the best and continued success!
- September 8, 2020 at 6:31 am #381879AverylParticipantRegistered On: May 21, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 124Has thanked: 461 timesBeen thanked: 399 times
Like you Diana, First time out in stealthy fem I drove to the local mini mart. I was determined to pass that gate. I underdressed with bra, suspenders, stockings and chose to wear black leather jeans, Wolford high neck sweater, fem ankle boots, and a fem biker jacket. Felt pretty good and did not attract any looks except from a guy in the queue (line). I think it was a supportive look?
A bit full on but did not feel awkward.
Interestingly all garments sourced from the local thrift (charity) shop.
The interesting aspect of all this is I discovered later the cafe upstairs is a local and frequently visited CD haunt.
all pre lockdown.
- September 8, 2020 at 6:30 am #381878
- September 8, 2020 at 5:51 am #381864Celeste StarreParticipantRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 25Replies: 566Has thanked: 141 timesBeen thanked: 1478 times
I’ve been doing that now for over 20 years since I ditched the last of my male clothing. It satisfies my needs without saying to the world: “There goes a cross dresser.” The really funny thing to me when I’m out and about here in rural Maine is that even in that mode I’m still better dressed than 80% of the women I see.
- September 8, 2020 at 5:20 am #381858Ria FreichukParticipantRegistered On: June 6, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 65Has thanked: 94 timesBeen thanked: 243 times
Congrats on your first steps. I remember my first time out wearing women’ jeans over my panties, a bra and forms, sweater and jacket. I had to drive to a corner store. I tossed the jacket on the seat, drove to the store, got out of the car put on my jacket and went in . My first thought was what to say if confronted, when that did not happen I was elated.
- September 8, 2020 at 4:08 am #381844Robin SnowParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2019Topics: 18Replies: 198Has thanked: 1347 timesBeen thanked: 836 times
- September 8, 2020 at 4:07 am #381843Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1336Has thanked: 929 timesBeen thanked: 3128 times
That sounds great. I dressed like that when I was 17. Then when I was 18 I went fully femme. Going out in shorts and top was comfortable to me. I even went shopping a lot in that attire. I even added platform wedges to that outfit.
Then when I was 18 and went fully femme, going out in that attire took a whole new level of, courage. I guess it’ good to start out small and gradually build up.
- September 7, 2020 at 11:34 pm #381816Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 309Has thanked: 1822 timesBeen thanked: 1464 times
- September 8, 2020 at 6:52 am #381887Diana WParticipantRegistered On: July 9, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 209Has thanked: 881 timesBeen thanked: 902 times
Thanks for your responses everyone! @GraceScarlett, I’m already planning to wear that outfit next time we go shopping. I can’t wait!!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- September 7, 2020 at 11:16 pm #381813Michelle BaileyParticipantRegistered On: July 17, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 87Has thanked: 1467 timesBeen thanked: 285 times
I have never gone out enfemme ,but love to go out underdressed with panties and pantyhose ,just recently going out with soft cup bra on covering my own smallish ‘breasts’, what a lovely feeling don’t want to take the bra off ,but if the weather gets a hot ,can only wear one layer and I don’t want to take a chance as I am a secret dresser . Michelle xx
- September 7, 2020 at 9:32 pm #381807
- September 7, 2020 at 8:53 pm #381801Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1428Has thanked: 2313 timesBeen thanked: 4246 times
- September 7, 2020 at 8:39 pm #381799
- September 7, 2020 at 8:17 pm #381794ParticipantRegistered On: July 9, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 209Has thanked: 881 timesBeen thanked: 902 times
Thank you! 🙂
- September 7, 2020 at 8:13 pm #381792Philma BiersteinParticipantRegistered On: May 28, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 130Has thanked: 1348 timesBeen thanked: 751 times
These little things are big things for us! Wearing panties every day and feeling my pants glide over them at work helps calm me and keep me centered. Pantyhose in the winter too. I’m looking for some ladies dress slacks I can wear in drab for the same reason. I found a yellow silk button-up long-sleeved blouse that I think will pass at work with a tie.
Having a little “sexy secret” ALWAYS makes the day go better! Sitting in an important meeting with colleagues, and thinking “If you only knew what I’m wearing under this suit…” keeps me in light spirits during these times that can really bring us down.
Keep up with the “stealth”!!!
- September 7, 2020 at 8:12 pm #381791ParticipantRegistered On: July 9, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 209Has thanked: 881 timesBeen thanked: 902 times
- September 7, 2020 at 8:11 pm #381790AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 182Has thanked: 1493 timesBeen thanked: 628 times
I am so so happy for you. 🌹You just enjoy yourself. Take your time. Find your comfort zone. A little bit at a time Luv. No need to rush…
I am so glad you got out. Its such a wonderful, tranquil feeling…. Pure bliss…😊
Again, I am so happy for you sis
- September 7, 2020 at 8:09 pm #381789Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1033Has thanked: 2601 timesBeen thanked: 2433 times
That’s a great start Diana, and I quite understand. I think my very first time out in public was in guy clothes, but I was completely underdressed, including pantyhose. The undies and pantyhose of course no one could see, though the feeling of the smooth pantyhose on my legs was amazing, however it was the padded bra which gave me kind of like “A” cup boobs poking out. So I went into a coffee shop for a coffee and a snack like that.
I was so terrified!!! But I didn’t look all that out of place, not like having big boobs hanging there, as I wasn’t any larger than some guys normally have. As far as I could tell, I didn’t get a second glance from anyone at all. Just a regular looking guy getting some lunch. If only they knew!
So, like you said, pretty tame by comparison to others, but a rather nerve wracking experience at the time.
Like the old analogy, you have to learn to walk before you can run, the same idea holds true here. Take baby steps till you get the skill and confidence to go further.
However, like yours, mine was successful trip out, from which I was able to make many more.
- September 7, 2020 at 8:05 pm #381787Stephanie BassParticipantRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 743Has thanked: 6233 timesBeen thanked: 2208 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.