• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Becka.
Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

One of the ideas this great forum has introduced me to is the concept of a stealth and/or hybrid mode.

It may be as simple as just underdressing in your favourite lingerie.

Or add elements of feminine clothing, androgynous clothing, or a mix.

Women have been wearing male apparel since the ’60s at least. Jeans, pant suits, shorts. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to move towards an acceptance that men can also move in the other direction? Maybe it is starting to happen, Kilts have always been there, Utilikilts are out there, and androgynous fashion is starting to challenge boundaries.

I’ve recently got some womens polo shirts – the cut is a bit different, the sleeves shorter, the buttons on the other side. And a super soft blouse which looks like a jeans shirt, sort of.
      Some jeggings as well. Looking for some feminine jeans which I can wear with heeled booties.

It might not be obvious to most casual observers, but you know, and you know how it makes you feel, and that is the important thing.

Thoughts?

I have been buying and wearing to work and around home everyday… Women’s Levis 525 Perfect waist straight leg jeans for 5-6 years now… to my knowledge no one is the wiser.

I have a few gal shirts that you wouldn’t notice unless you were looking very hard at it.

Anonymous

I just love doing that, I always under dress, but going out with women’s skinny jeans and a colorful top and bra, covered by coat now because it’s cold, but should the right time come I can always zip down the coat a bit.. Last week I ventured into the local convenience store to get soda, I had on a cute top, leggins and open toe flats click clack, click clack, I love that sound ha ha and my color ful toes showing…….

Love, love, love doing it !!!!

Becka
      Lady

That’s fabulous, Candy!  I started in hybrid mode (like to think I coined the term but who knows:)!  This has really worked for me!  I am on the look out for some blouses, and such.  More shoes too.

I wear womens jeans exclusively now.  I love skinny jeans, especially the ones that are very tapered at the ankle.  Wearing my favorite pair today, that have the little zippers at the bottom, very femme, and my femme loafers.  It took a while to find shoes that were femme, but not.  One day while shopping at the local Goodwill store a young woman working there was wearing a pair I really loved.  She told me all about there, where she bought them, what brand, other colors (which I am going to get), I went out and bought a pair!  I love them!

I always wear panties and cammies on the weekends, like today.  I look pretty femme today in my dress, and love it.  I know people realize what I’m wearing now, the coffee shop people don’t care, they are all young and cool, the other people I see regularly (that I only know by greeting each other at the coffee shop) notice, but seem cordial none the less.

I’m still have not run into anyone I really know well, but it is only a matter of time.  I’m anxious about that, and when I’m out with my SO (on weekends) I know she notices, has not said anything to this point, but I hope she does not feel odd running around with me, when (I think) I look as femme as she does, where my dressing is concerned.

Good luck and stay in touch!  Let me know how you are doing!

RM

Terri Anne
      Ambassador

Hi Candy, Love what you wrote. I have been doing this [wearing women’s clothing stealthly] for a year or two.  I started by wearing the women’s jeans and other slacks with polo tops. Only recently a guy at church noticed the reverse button polos and tried to rat on me to my friends- they shut him down – lol

I love wearing all women’s clothing most all of the time. Especially the button down tops. I have become used to working the buttons now. I even mastered the little hidden buttons on some tope that are supposed prevent wardrobe accidents (lol).

-Terri Anne

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I began wearing pantyhose with shorts out when I was 17. After doing that a while I wanted to improve my look. Show my legs better. I bought some short girl’s shorts and began wearing them. That was am improvement but my shoes were boring and not enhancing my legs. I bought a few pairs of platform wedges. That was much better.

As I was buying the short girls shorts, I managed to get several pairs of teeny athletic shorts. They were fun to wear at home with sheer to waist pantyhose but wearing them out was too risque. I had some shirts that were long. When I wore them they looked like a short dress. When at home they were what I wore mostly with my pantyhose. When I wore the shirts over my teeny athletic shorts, the shirts completely covered my shorts. I got the idea I could wear those shorts out if I wore the shirt over them. The shorts were hidden mostly and if the shirt happened to creep up I was covered.

With the pantyhose and platforms this was a great look. I had to try it out. I began to shop for and buy more clothes, especially pantyhose dressed like that. My hair was kind of long and I seemed to project a feminine appearance. Women would ask me about the pantyhose I was wearing and was it what I was buying. They told me if they had legs like mine they would show them off the way I do too. it was odd. Maybe I was looking too much like a girl.

Then one day I met a girl while buying pantyhose who thought I looked sexy but was surprised I just didn’t dress fully as a girl. After being together for a while she go me she got me some nice outfits and had me wear one of them for a college Halloween Party. I loved it. I began dressing fem all the time.

Hybrid dressing led me to fully fem dressing. I love it. I guess once you put on that first garment you can’t go back.

Anonymous

Hi Candy.

I would like to pick up on what you said about how women are able to wear what most considered men’s clothing and society is ok with it.

It wasn’t always like that. First women who dared wearing slacks (in our modern Western civilizations) were met with criticism and scorn from society. But they persisted and well, here we are today where it is almost unheard of for any woman to own and wear only skirts and dresses.

Will it be totally ok for men to wear skirts and dresses in our society? I think that it will, at some point. However, the biggest difference here is intention. Women who started wearing slacks did it for comfort, for safety, and some ever just fighting for equal rights.

Personally, even if it was ok for men to start wearing skirts and dresses which were designed and made for men… I don’t think that I would wear them. Because my intention is not only about wearing the clothes, but to be able to present as a woman. It is not only because women’s clothes are softer, nicer, more designs and colors.

Also, another big hurdle is that we still live in a society where most men still consider women to be less capable, weaker, etc. So they still see moving towards what is feminine as a “downgrade”. (Please don’t anybody thing that is how I feel! Au contraire!)

Some societies are changing. Just look at the K-pop culture… feminine men are not only tolerated, they are idolized, both by girls and boys. So, it may not be soon, but who knows? Younger generations seem to be able to see past many things that were considered scandalous in the past, so maybe, just maybe…

Love,

Gaby

Nikki
      Lady

When I dress I am always in this mode… so far.  For me it started undressing. Panties and pantyhose.  Then I moved to covert women’s shoes with some cute visible socks .  Then, I finally started to risk a bit and would try flats or 1-2″ booties with men’s jeans but realized quickly that I would like some women’s jeans to go along with them.  My first pairs were boot cut to hide the shoes.  I transitioned in to skinnys, and now love to wear them out with some flats or booties clearly visible.  Just recently I bought my first tops and will wear polos, crew necks, or button downs that are clearly women’s if you take the time to look.  I recently had an amazing shopping experience where I was in these amazing cropped  cargo jeans with zippers on the back of the cuff, a ribbed sweater with 3/4 sleeves and white quilted high tops.  It was such a good experience I plan on going back next week in even more feminine clothes.  I have my top picked out – it is a black & tan striped wrap around blouse with a lacy cami underneath.  I think I am going to wear these white leggings that show panty lines and are almost sheer when you bend over with a pair of tan t-strap flats.  Or possible knee boots.  My goal is to wear a dress or skirt in there, but I have not yet worked up the nerve.

Becka
      Lady

Funny Candy!  I was going to post about this, this morning!

In full hybrid mode today!  Going to spend part of the day shopping with my SO in “The City by The Bay”!  Really excited!  The difficult part about today will be the shopping.  I’m going to see things I’d love to try on and or buy, but will not be able to!  🙁  SO does not go for this sort of thing.

But it’s part of my milestone birthday, and living my life.  (see my other post “As Time Goes Bi”.  🙂

Got up early, had my things out last night (hidden) so they were easy to grab.

Black cammie, nice and soft, high cut black bikini panties, nice black tights and my favorite gurl jeans that have this wonderful clandestine pattern printed on them, my bright red “cowboy” shirt with black snap buttons for that pop of color, “topped” off with my gurl, very femme loafers and my black Levi jacket!

I love this outfit, feel so femme in it all!  Can’t wait to get out there and show everyone!  (Already did at the coffee shop this morning!)

Oh sorry, one other thing.  When I wear my cammies the little spaghetti straps slip off my shoulders.  I have to reach into my shirt and adjust them.  I find this so pleasurable to have to do.  It’s very femme!  Anyone else feel/do this, or have other “femme” behaviors that make you feel this way?

🙂

Becka
        Lady

One more note about today’s accessories then I’ll shut up!  🙂

I am wearing my little black shoulder bag as well.  I bought this a while back to carry my wallet and phone.  (I absolutely hate carrying things in my pocket!)

My SO knows this and has seen this bag, and I’ve embellished it with more “manly” accents, but its still a gurls little bag!

Sorry, I’m just excited to step out today!

X’s and O’s!

R

Anonymous

[quote quote=131864] one other thing. When I wear my cammies the little spaghetti straps slip off my shoulders. I have to reach into my shirt and adjust them. I find this so pleasurable to have to do. It’s very femme! Anyone else feel/do this, or have other “femme” behaviors that make you feel this way?[/quote]

I find myself doing the same thing when wearing some bras.

Becka
      Lady

What a fun day it was, being out in my gurl jeans, shoes tights, etc.  It was great!  Had a few looks and loved it!

Saw plenty of gurl things I would have really loved to try on, but alas……in any event, I did try on a pair of guy jeans in a new color I wanted, and they just did not feel good, like gurl jeans so I did not get them!

I’m going to go look for gurl jeans tomorrow!

🙂

I want to do this! I absolutely love my skinny jeans! But the furthest I’ve made it is a walmart parking lot😟

Becka
        Lady

Hi Samantha,

You can try your local thrift/second hand stores too.  If you are unsure about size do what I did.  I went to the mens section and picked a pair of jeans in my size, then took them to the womens section and compared the waist to a pair of womens jeans.  Worked perfect!  Size 10 in womens!

Love it, wearing some now!

Anonymous

My version of stealth/hybrid is kinda from the other direction to many I’ve read here.

I haven’t actually done it yet, but I have ordered the “components” – all the clothing necessary to enact my plan.

A nice pair of jeans, t-shirt, trainers and a jacket – all obviously feminine items, but none overtly so.

I’m hoping to go as “under the radar as I can, fully dressed, yet not standing out as a CD.

It can be tricky being 6’4″ – I wasn’t made to blend into the background.

I went to the Post Office this afternoon, ordinarily a very quiet, small village post office.

Today, my first time in there in full dress – my work outfit with a lovely dark brown jacket – there was a long queue.

Well, 3 or 4 people – that’s long for a small village!

The guy in front of me had the most enormous pile of parcels – when I first went through the door, I thought they were overflow, as it really is a tiny post office. 4 people and the room was full, no exaggerations.

And a 6’4″ lady can quickly feel noticed in such a situation.

But I determined to mind my business – I had a very important contract to post, so I wasn’t going anywhere.

I helped the post office lady with the huge number of parcels, and was there at least 20 minutes while she weighed and stamped them all.

At last! My turn.

No.

The collection guys turned up, and I felt I should help them get the parcels into their van – like I said, it’s a very small post office.

Eventually I got my letter posted, requesting first class in as soft a voice as I could muster.

No-one batted an eyelid the whole timr I was there, not s sneaky glance, no glares, certainly no comments – except the lady who worked there reminded me to mind my head with a slightly shy smile.

The exit door must’ve been 5’10” – so fair comment.

But what I felt would have been a risky but short trip turned into quite s long meditation on how attitudes, especially in small English villages have changed for the better – I felt accepted!

Love

Laura

Becka
        Lady

That’s great, Laura,

Your comment blends with a post I was going to put up this evening.  In particular about “flying under the radar”.  I think I have done pretty well with this as my the top portion of my dress is male, jacket and shirt, but everything below that is all femme.  Noticeably so, but maybe less so because of the other half of my body.

Today I was (visually) pleasured at the sight of a female co-worker wearing a really sweet outfit.  Nothing major, nice skinny jeans, red top and jacket, and these just fabulous red suede shoes!  It was the shoes that really added the pop! They were fantastic, and I found an acceptable time to have complimented her on them.

That set me on a path however to mimic that outfit in every way possible including those fabulous red shoes.  That would certainly raise me a bit above the radar.  I mean they were so sexy, I wanted to pull them off her and wear them myself.  It was all I could do to not ask where she bought them.

I’ve been thinking though like I said, I want to venture out a bit more, wear more color, blouses, etc., which again would put me smack in everyone’s radar.

Sigh, it’s tough being a gurl!

Love and Hugs!

R.

[quote quote=134051]That’s great, Laura,

Your comment blends with a post I was going to put up this evening. In particular about “flying under the radar”. I think I have done pretty well with this as my the top portion of my dress is male, jacket and shirt, but everything below that is all femme. Noticeably so, but maybe less so because of the other half of my body.
      [/quote]
      I’ve been doing the same. I have my bra, panties, and waist trainer under everthing. Then I have t shirts (I have one womens long sleeve top) for the top half and girls jeans (some straight cut, one flared bottom, one ankle length, and one skinny jeans) and my girl slip on sneakers.

I tend to fly under the radar with that. Even with the womans long sleeve top. My painted finger nails gets more attention than my clothes.

I honestly think that people do notice a little but quite put their finger on what’s different and just assume I’m gay when they see the painted fingernails. So, they just go about their business. And I’m ok with that. Let them think what they what.

Becka
        Lady

Goodness I would love to do my nails!

My finger nails grow quickly, and of late I’ve let them go and keep them filed to that nicely rounded taper.  It is obvious however, but I would love to paint them sometime.

I think the next step for me will be wearing a full on blouse, under my jacket (unbuttoned) to start with.  I really want to do that, and have purchased 3 to this point.

Uummm, gets me excited thinking about it!

Anonymous

Update. Well, several months on, and I have added to my hybrid wardrobe, womens tees, polos, and a couple of blouses/shirts.
      Yesterday I had one of those “I love that” moments – it was a blouse, in Vietnam era army olive green, and heavily influenced by that look, but at the same time very girly, and super soft.
      Also added some boot cut jeans (these will be cut long for wearing with my booties and knee high boots), and some skinny jeans (not so sure about them – we’ll see).

Some more lovely underwear (panties and bras, and some stayups.
      My toes are currently a pretty pink, and clear on my fingers

Becka
        Lady

That’s great Candy!

I love to wear (and most of my skinny jeans are) the type that are very tapered and hug the ankle or just above.  I love to wear my booties or a sweet pair of loafers with those.  I especially love the jeans I have with the zippers at the ankle.  Something extra sexy about those!

Glad you are having fun with it!  It feels so fabulous!

Love and Hugs,

Rebekka!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?