• Creator
    Topic
    stephanie plumb
    Participant
    Registered On: November 17, 2018
    Topics: 97
    Replies: 902

Today I decided to take my dog for it’s lunchtime walk dressed inappropriately.

Inappropriately that is for the time of year and weather forecast.  Not for me the autumn/winter dog walker’s outfit of walking boots, leggings and anoraks. Oh no. I was going for the  1661 just-popped-out-of-the-office-at-lunchtime- to-walk-the- dog look.     I wanted to look my best for this possibly last autumn outing before the gloomy damp English early winter weather sets in.

This consisted of my favourite black and white skater dress.  It has a lovely geometric lattice pattern.  This was teamed with 40denier opaque hold ups and  black 3″ heeled chunky ankle boots.  Over this I wore a black showerproof Anne Klein jacket.  It is kinda shortish, just covering the bum.  I “rescued” it from a clothes bag in the attic about 20 years ago. It’s probably been in and out of fashion since then. Anyway it is very smart – not your typical doggie coat at all.  To carry my bits and bobs I accessorised with a small burgundy red leather shoulder bag.

So…. false lashes, eyebrows done, red lippy , hoop earrings, pendant necklace, and my favourite 35cm ash blonde bob wig and I was ready to go.

It is half-term so I expected a few families among the dog walkers.  I wasn’t disappointed. The car park was  buzzing with all sorts. I unleashed the dog and set off, curious to see if I attracted much interest. No one payed me any attention at all!  Except the old boy who sits in his car every lunchtime.  He parks in the same spot on the far side.  I ignore him.  He probably just sees me as a blur.

This is an experiment, you see. I like to push my boundaries. So I set myself the challenge of dressing how I wanted to, appropriate or not.

I passed several groups.  No one gave me a second glance.  What is the point of glamming up(relatively) if no one appreciates it?

I tried walking parallel to the road about 10 yards in from the verge, with a jaunty swing of the arm and a coquettish smile, enjoying the breeze around my thighs.    There are usually plenty of white-van-man vans passing by.    No one braked hard or rear-ended the van in front.  I was a tad disappointed.

So I headed for the woods to look for squirrels.   The weather forecast was for  heavy rain showers with hail and gusty winds.  A 42% chance.   No – it turned out to be a 100% chance.

It pissed down!!   I mean really really tipped it down, ice cold rain by the bucket full laced with meteor sized chunks of ice.   I squatted down against a tree trying to shelter the dog from being battered to death.  It was so heavy it washed most of the mud off my boots!  The showerproof jacket coped surprisingly well though.

Eventually it passed over. Out came the sun, and steaming, with leaves tangled in my sodden wig, I set off for the car park, passing close by several wet families who paid me no heed at all.   I had a huge smile on my face. I might be a little damp but it had been jolly good fun, and no one had made me.

I guess the experiment was a success. In future I will dress as I please.    No one seems to care.

Stephanie P

(Note for Amanda: The jacket is a little too short to wear over a babydoll.)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Amanda Burton
      Participant
      Registered On: January 15, 2020
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 365

I’ve been vindicated! (whatever that means).

This morning on “This Morning” on TV,  Gok Wan, as part of his autumn fashions piece,  advocated getting dressed up if you are going for a walk in the park!   OMG ….. maybe he was in one of the cars passing by yesterday lunchtime, on his way to the studio!

I’m now a dedicated follower of fashion,  but NOT of the Kinky sort.  I’m (boo hoo) to straight laced.

Steph 👗👢👚💄📺

Well I am going to be glued to the TV and “This Morning” especially. If your right Stephanie I can’t wait to see the episode where Gok Wan, is wearing a babydoll in the woods inspired by you again as autumn fashion.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Birel Galanodel
      Participant
      Registered On: May 3, 2020
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 20

Steph, sounds like a wonderful adventure, wish I had your courage. I was thinking of sharing my own, not quite as exciting, dog walking experiment. One early morning last week, I wore black leggings out to walk my dog. Other than a few cars passing by, it was uneventful. I live in a small town where everyone knows everyone’s business, so it was scary. I’m not out to anyone but you all and my wife. Then, I didn’t sleep well/much last night, so I got up at 5:00 a.m. and took the dog around town in black tights, a black above-the-knee skirt, and a light, black and red sleeveless top. It’s cold here this time of year, so I had a coat and hat on covering the top half of me anyway. My kids don’t know about Birel, so I took the chance that they wouldn’t wake up early on a Saturday. Anyway, I didn’t even see anyone on this walk. But, it felt nice to be able to wear something that I like, that makes me feel femme, and just walk down the sidewalk for a normal walk. This may sound strange, but sometimes I wish I would get caught, so I could just be out and be myself all the time…

Birel

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Rei Durden
      Participant
      Registered On: October 11, 2020
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 486

Your story telling skills are quite engaging, I am looking forward to your next experiment……

Amanda Burton
      Participant
      Registered On: January 15, 2020
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 365

Well Stephanie you can say the experiment was a success. It also shows that the public are not really aware of whats going on around them and often pay little or no attention at all.

I am however extremely concerned about the mental  health of squirrels in your area, not only do they have watch you unleash your dog to play the hound of the baskervilles but it’s Owner now comes as the Devil in Prada.

Now baby dolls Stephanie, summer time experiment?.

5 users thanked author for this post.
        stephanie plumb
        Participant

Not only squirrels – rabbits (3 ☠), pigeons ( 2 ☠)   and pheasants too.   She looks like a teddy bear, but the grey wolf is just under the surface.

Your right – the babydoll may have to wait for warmer weather.    For now it will just have to be the full lingerie under a knee length winter coat.   Or just my cerise pink chemise (and a coat).   A warm coat.   The babydoll might work too.    Mmmmm…..

👗

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Sandy Chase
      Participant
      Registered On: November 2, 2019
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 192

Sounds like you put a lot of thought on this piece.
      Sandy.

stephanie plumb
        Participant

I didn’t!   I dashed it off shortly after getting home, drying the dog, and getting the leaves out of my tangled wig.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Dani CD
      Participant
      Registered On: September 10, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 37

Stephanie, you are amazing, I wish I had your courage. I too took my dog for a lunchtime walk, only it’s spring time here and I wore boring male board shorts and a T-shirt ( still pored rain though). I wish I had on my shoulder length dark brown wig with a    cute denim skirt and a simple singlet too but I’m along way off being that confident, but hopefully one day I can share my experiences as well.                                                                     Dani👩🏻‍🔧xoxo

2 users thanked author for this post.
        stephanie plumb
        Participant

Courage?  No. Just being immersed in the pink fog.  Until I joined CDH I was just like you.  So be warned CDH can be dangerous!   Love to hear of your experiences one day.

Stephanie P

Grace Scarlett
      Participant
      Registered On: July 26, 2020
      Topics: 22
      Replies: 595

10/10 Stephanie

I don’t think you could have done much more to try to get noticed..maybe carrying a huge arrow with ” look at me” written on it….or maybe dying your dog pink!!…

but the bottom line….people are so wrapped up in themselves, you became invisible…..lovely but a tad sad as you obviously went to a lot of trouble with your outfit….maybe a babydoll IS the next step forward for you….”the ultimate experiment”, but perhaps wait until spring!!!

Smiles, grace ❤️❤️

stephanie plumb
        Participant

I’ve been vindicated! (whatever that means).

This morning on “This Morning” on TV,  Gok Wan, as part of his autumn fashions piece,  advocated getting dressed up if you are going for a walk in the park!   OMG ….. maybe he was in one of the cars passing by yesterday lunchtime, on his way to the studio!

I’m now a dedicated follower of fashion,  but NOT of the Kinky sort.  I’m (boo hoo) to straight laced.

Steph 👗👢👚💄📺

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.