Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Well tonight I opened the closet a little and stepped out.  I may have been in drab but I went to Torrid and made no qualms about it.  The sales associate asked if I needed anything and without hesitation I told her I was looking for an outfit to go out with some friends to a show.  She asked me what my style was which made me think “What is my style exactly?” I’ve been so long in the closet that I’m closer to a hot mess then anything stylish.  So I went about the store looking for some blouses an other tops that would hide my unsightly belly.  The associate helped me out with what might look good with some jeans and I even looked at some shoes.  When we had a few things picked out she asked if I would like to go into the dressing room and try everything on and see how it worked.  It was great!  I was able to change clothes and see how they fit and didn’t feel like I was treated any different than one else.  I finally settled on a nice top, two pair of jeans, and some shoes.  It was a great experience and we even talked about getting a bra fitting the next time I come in.  Tonight was definitely a confidence boost to push myself a little further to stepping away form the closet and being out there enjoying myself fully.

Vicki

Anonymous
      Lady

Vicki, good on you! I love shopping and nearly always find shop assistants are wonderful and good to chat with. The only bad experience was in a USA store where the changing room assistants would not let me try on some clothes on the women’s floor. They insisted that I go down a floor to menswear. As if I would ever consider that!

On a slightly different vein, I dress as a woman at home and my wife is ok with that but not outside. Well. It’s summer here and I now often do things outside in a short skirt and a blouse with my femme sun hat (it’s mauve and very pretty). So I am lucky that she is letting me be more public with her around home gardens, driveway, etc without any objection.

As many ladies say on this site, it’s all small steps on a long but hopefully fulfilling journey.

Gianna

Gianna,

It is a journey and forward progress is forward progress.  It was similar with my wife. It began only in the house, but has progressed over 4 years. Today, my wife is confortable with me dressing freely around our property and driving, ane androgynously out and about with her.  It remains a work in progress for us, and may always be, but I am happy that it is progress.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Anonymous

Vicki I told you Torrid girls are very sweet and helpful they are definitely gender-friendly I’m so happy you got to experience shopping for yourself tonight in the future you’ll walk in there and shop with the best of the women LOL I love torrid♥️

Anonymous

Great story Vicki. I just love hearing things like this.

Vicki,

It is wonderful to hear. Achieving that comfort level was a great step for me, and I hope it is the same for you. Remember it is a journey.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Very nice. I’m so glad you had a great experience. I’ve found some of the scariest and most exciting dressing experiences was when going shopping.

Thats awesome Vicki

Events like that can make a huge difference in helping us move forward.

Liv on !!

Hi Vicki,

I absolutely love Torrid being a BBW myself. Totally working on that. Lol Just FYI Target has an awesome line of women’s clothes in our sizes. I just got a denim jacket and jeans for a total of $44. I find more at Target that fits than I do at Torid. Oh also if you like to shop online Target ship direct to store for discreet pick up.

Happy shopping and great job getting out of the closest.

Dana 💋❤️

Wonderful Vikki!

I have always found that as soon as I own up to shopping for myself, I cease to be a pervert and become a customer! The salespeople are not there to judge or mock anyone, but to sell them things!

I know you will be returning soon for that bra, being professionally fitted is a huge help for your silhouette.

Anonymous

So happy for you Vicki and hope you can unlock the closet. Its quite full.

It’s been over 6 years that I had a professional fitting done and that even required some liquid encouragement. This time I know I’ll be able to go in much more confident.

Hi Vicki,

congratulations on stepping out of the closet.  It can be scary but it’s delightful to do so.  I’ve been to Torrid a few times and the SA’s are great.  They are gender friendly and can help with fashion advice.

Alice

Contagious Vicki, Torrid is great. So are you joining us Saturday for the show? I’m going shopping tomorrow with my new sister in-law for boots and a jacket for Saturday night. Let me know if you need the address.

Hi Vicki,

I must apologize I saw you posted this on January 28 and I just found it.

What a simply incredible experience,Thank you so much for sharing.

I always  find these experiences so spirit lifting.

It is so wonderful when I hear from people who have such wonderful experiences out in stores with a sales person.

Besides that how awesome of you to go out and let it all out to someone.

You are a inspiration to us all.

Thank you and I am glad I got to share a bit of your life.

Patty

Having a makeover is definitely high on my list of things to do. If someone can make this mug look anywhere near my avatar picture I think I have some potential. Those photo filters are amazing.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?