- December 14, 2019 at 3:12 pm #258645Jamie AtkinsonParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 17Has thanked: 44 timesBeen thanked: 28 times
- June 29, 2020 at 11:12 pm #359308Darcy S.ParticipantRegistered On: May 10, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 18Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 47 times
- June 29, 2020 at 5:04 pm #359245Stevie SteinerParticipantRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 135Has thanked: 320 timesBeen thanked: 482 times
- June 29, 2020 at 4:19 pm #259304Jamie AtkinsonParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 17Has thanked: 44 timesBeen thanked: 28 times
Are you refering to photos used for every advert or subject heading being of perfectly formed honest to goodness females? Perhaps they are a subtle reminder that we CDs need to try harder?
These are the photos I am referring to. The aviators are fine. There are plenty of stock photo services that offer CD photos. I am also sure the lawyers could figure out how to get permission to use photos of CDH patrons if they want to contribute them.
There are a few examples here:
- December 15, 2019 at 8:33 am #258818
- December 15, 2019 at 2:48 am #258772Sally DrinkwaterParticipantRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 194Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 557 times
- December 14, 2019 at 11:12 pm #258724Emily AltParticipantRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 199Has thanked: 168 timesBeen thanked: 654 times
I voted Good even though I don’t like most of the stock avatars.
Olivia is correct about the legalities. CDH can’t force members to submit a photo. So we’re stuck with stock avatars whenever a member doesn’t use a photo for their avatar.
The stock avatar serves as a placeholder in the content database. If they didn’t have a placeholder, many profiles would look broken. It would be a bad design decision, and would probably create a lot of unnecessary support requests.
- December 14, 2019 at 7:12 pm #258706Olivia LivinParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 28Replies: 1296Has thanked: 4552 timesBeen thanked: 2399 times
Its been mentioned before and I do agree with you, but theres more than likely some legal blah blah reason for doing it this way.
- December 14, 2019 at 5:31 pm #258680Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1128Has thanked: 1532 timesBeen thanked: 2861 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.