- December 14, 2019 at 3:12 pm #258645AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 10Replies: 17Has thanked: 44 timesBeen thanked: 29 times
- July 3, 2020 at 6:47 pm #360464KimmieLadyRegistered On: September 27, 2016Topics: 3Replies: 212Has thanked: 142 timesBeen thanked: 845 times
Maybe it’s just me, but the implicit pressure to “conform” seems so antithetical to everything about CDH. As with nearly every topic or issue raised, each person has their own circumstances and no one should be made to feel lesser by reason of their choice of avatar or whether they post photos. If this idea were to become the “rule,” I’d leave the site. I vote NO.
- June 29, 2020 at 11:12 pm #359308Darcy S.LadyRegistered On: May 10, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 22Has thanked: 22 timesBeen thanked: 59 times
Hmm maybe a contest? Users who are willing can submit pictures -they click a check box saying the site can use them as they wish, and then if selected for the site they also get a free month at their current membership level! 😉
- June 29, 2020 at 5:04 pm #359245Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 35Replies: 772Has thanked: 3795 timesBeen thanked: 4137 times
I understand the privacy issues and fear of being outed. I myself came here because i was tired of being ” in “. Everyones different, but ideally i like to be able to put a face to a name. Voice too, if possible.
- June 29, 2020 at 4:19 pm #259304AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 10Replies: 17Has thanked: 44 timesBeen thanked: 29 times
Are you refering to photos used for every advert or subject heading being of perfectly formed honest to goodness females? Perhaps they are a subtle reminder that we CDs need to try harder?
These are the photos I am referring to. The aviators are fine. There are plenty of stock photo services that offer CD photos. I am also sure the lawyers could figure out how to get permission to use photos of CDH patrons if they want to contribute them.
There are a few examples here:
- December 15, 2019 at 8:33 am #258818
- December 15, 2019 at 2:48 am #258772Sally DrinkwaterDuchessRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 245Has thanked: 56 timesBeen thanked: 891 times
- December 14, 2019 at 11:12 pm #258724Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 410Has thanked: 333 timesBeen thanked: 1869 times
I voted Good even though I don’t like most of the stock avatars.
Olivia is correct about the legalities. CDH can’t force members to submit a photo. So we’re stuck with stock avatars whenever a member doesn’t use a photo for their avatar.
The stock avatar serves as a placeholder in the content database. If they didn’t have a placeholder, many profiles would look broken. It would be a bad design decision, and would probably create a lot of unnecessary support requests.
- December 14, 2019 at 7:12 pm #258706Olivia LivinLadyRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 37Replies: 1486Has thanked: 6673 timesBeen thanked: 3594 times
Its been mentioned before and I do agree with you, but theres more than likely some legal blah blah reason for doing it this way.
- December 14, 2019 at 5:31 pm #258680Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1674Has thanked: 2958 timesBeen thanked: 5568 times
I WISH every girl would post at least one photo of herself to use as her avatar, so I would have a face to go with the name; but I understand the fear of being outed.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.