Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Valerie Kennedy
      Baroness

Hi Ladies,

I have been at my daughter’s college graduation at a midwest university (I am from the east coast) for the last couple days and noticed that no woman is wearing stockings with their dresses or skirts. I have a makeover session and dinner trip planned in about three weeks when the weather will be even warmer.  Of course half of me is checking out the styles and thinking about what I could get away with.

I am not in position to shave my legs during the summer (long story)…does anyone have any suggestions? My going out en femme experiences are limited, and they have been during winter months, which offer protection/conveniences on many levels. Summer outings are completely different and are new to me. I was thinking maybe white jeans and a top or a maxi skirt/dress. I might try to get a pedicure and wear sandals, which i have never done, so I have that to look forward to. I could probably trim my leg hair from the knee down and shave from the knee up and get away with that. I also tend to overthink things, but would love to hear from any ladies who face a similar situation.

Thanks!!

Val

Krissy
      Lady

No bare legs is better! Especially if you get them tanned by abit of nice weather x

Well sis there is always the Hillary Clinton pants suit. One light and airy is dressy. Yet again I have been to several college graduations here in California and can say that what you already suggested is totally fine. Last year at UCLA I couldnt tell the guest from the homeless.

Anonymous
      Lady

Its the trend of women dressing down, and down, and down. I never see nylons anymore in public but leggings and ripped skinny jeans are common or just bare legs.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

The white jeans, and sandals with the pedicure sounds pretty. No shaving required…

💕Lara

Anonymous

Wearing panty hose is on the decline, I and Hubby still love them. If you can’t shave legs, consider women’s slacks, pumps, and dark knee highs. Or just shave the ankles till the hair grows back later.

Eileen

Hi Valerie as moving from Florida the hot area my girly heart still loved to wear Panty hose or stockings weather hot or not ha ha .. The girl in me loves the feel and look as have shaved for many years dont care what people think my leggs look good in hose  .. Have fun girl..

Stephanie Bass

Personally, I will always wear some kind of hosiery any time of the year.  Whether it be stockings or pantyhose, I feel incomplete without sheer legwear.

Do whatever is most comfortable for you.  If you’re not comfortable it will show.

Any of the solutions you mention will work.  Maybe wear the pantyhose for evening or more dressy occasions.  If you prefer a skirt/dress and don’t want to wear the pantyhose, consider the maxi skirt.  If you’re comfortable, go out in jeans, leggings or capris.

I don’t worry too much about what other people might think.  I always go out for a walk wearing a skirt or dress.  It’s unusual (everyone else is in some kind of pants), but after a while it has become my MO.  No one has said anything to me.  And if you’re going out to where people will never see you again, you really shouldn’t worry about what they may or may not be thinking.

Hi Valerie,Michelle here,I always wear pantyhose if in a dress or skirt and knee highs if in pants or jeans.I grew up with Donna Reed,Mary Tyler Moore and Raquel Welch and lets not forget Marilyn Monroe.My Mother and sister always wore hose.I can still hear my Mom telling my sister”A lady always wears Hose”.Little did my Mom know she was teaching me at the time.LOL.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I always wear pantyhose when showing my legs in femme mode. I don’t feel femme unless I’m wearing pantyhose. Then of course I have to pair my pantyhose with a great pair of heels. I don’t feel femme without them. If I’m not going to feel femme, why even bother?

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Valerie, sorry you can’t shave your legs. I found long ago no one really cares if I had hair on my legs or not. So I keep them shaved year round. In the Deep South sometimes I wear thigh high stockings with a dress but don’t when wearing denim miniskirts. Just too hot sometimes.  I don’t know how you will cover the hair on your legs unless you wear stockings that cover the hair completely.

Anonymous

Started shaving legs this year. No one has said anything. Funny I’ve noticed lots of men have no leg hair. Shaving arm pits so.

Ginger  XO

V-

I am 66 and I have very little hair on my legs, how little, if I shaved you wouldn’t notice. No one has ever said anything to me about them being naked except some of the kids when I was 10 trying to be mean. I live here on the east coast and lots of men wear shorts and lots have no hair on their legs. So if you could shave I would. Many in hot weather will lightly oil their legs with baby oil, giving them a sheen. My mother was known for that.

I do shave my underarms too. Summer time the deodorants get sticky and tangle my hairs. So I find this takes care of the problem. If any one ask, that’s my answer!

-Lisa

Now, this from a slightly different perspective. When I started to shave my legs, I thought those around me would notice, this depends on how hairy you are while in drab. I worked in delivery in a very conservative area, and my family holds some conservative ideas about masculinity, what I noticed is no one looks at the hair on your legs and I’m a super hairy guy.

I also trim my arm hair down quite a bit and it was with the same non-reaction.

Again, I am just offering this from my perspective and what I’ve noticed in my personal life. Take with it what you will. Especially, since I’ve not gone out in full regalia.

This is coming from a person who wears shorts nearly all year in the Midwest.

Lastly, a cute pair of jeans would work perfectly!!!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?