Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I went to a store in Tampa Florida were i tried on women’s clothes a I could not believe the girl told me before I even asked she told me room 3 was open go on in I could not believe it so i tried on some dresses  and a few skirts I was amazed and I bought a skirt

Hi Vicki thats wonderful at least being able to get out then try on dresses with out a problem .  you are a true southern girl as myself i was born and raised in winter haven then moved to montana 14 years ago . So nice to meet you Florida girl

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

Open dressing rooms are now allowed in Texas; currently, Macy’s and Walmart have opened dressing rooms, and as of last Saturday, Kohl’s has not.  Haven’t shipped  elsewhere, yet.

Anonymous

That’s great, Vicki.

Jane Don
      Lady

Around London Ontario–The chains like Walmart ect don’t blink an eye when I want to try “Clothes–& smaller discount stores are Really helpful-telling what does or doesn’t look good–But higher end stores don’t seem to want my money —

Before COVID-19, I didn’t have any problems going to shops and trying things on in the correct gender-assigned changing room for my appearance.

Assistants were generally super helpful, but I did leave a couple of shops where they weren’t.

Their loss of a sale.

I think, as long as you’re comfortable and confident with the image you’re presenting, you should have no issues – and if anyone has a problem with it, that’s their problem, not yours!

Love Laura

We have a similar situation here in MD that Betty Lou mentioned in Texas… some stores have opened up their dressing rooms, such as Macy’s and JC Penney, while others (like Kohls, Target, and Walmart) have not opened up their rooms.

I have not had the courage to go into a women’s shop (such as Ann Taylor or Lane Bryant) to try anything on… big department stores are easy as the rooms are not typically attended so I just walk right in and try on what I want to try on…

same lack of courage pervades when shopping in discount stores like Ross, Marshalls, or TJ Maxx… in male mode, I don’t try things on… I might if en femme, but I have not been able to go out as Mikayla since my wife found out about my cross-dressing in April/May (she is not keen on it).

Hi Vicky,

Welcome to CDH.

I understand different states Have different practices as this pandemic continues?  Some states allow the stores to open their dressing rooms;  others have different guidelines.  I went bra shopping a few weeks ago at Victoria Secret and their rooms were closed.  Recently went to Torris and Lane Bryant and was able to try on some clothing.

Thanks for sharing your experience.  It is wonderful to try on a skirt and be treated like a GG.

Alice

Anonymous

I have been to Loft stores  in Austin and DFW and asked if I could try on clothes.  The sales staff in both locations were very helpful.  When I thanked the manager the first time she told me that I could try on clothes in her store any time.  Loft has a loyal customer as a result.    (I’ve been in dressed en femme and in boy clothes and get the same welcoming treatment).

J J
      Lady

I know this is a mostly old thread, but this comes up a lot. Personally, I don’t look for a known friendly store, I just ask if I can try something on and have never been turned down or had an issue. If one is worried, the simple thing to do is call ahead and ask. The worst they can say is no, and if so, spend your money some place else.

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

if you’re a larger size (10+) Torrid is awesome!

not only do they cater to us, but I know of at least 2 TGs that work in them.

I try on stuff in there all the time (tops fit me, bottoms don’t)

and if you’re not a larger size girl, their costume jewelry (rings, bracelets, etc) will fit a male hand better than anyplace else…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transgender Friendly Places and Support Groups Around the World’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?