Viewing 49 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

So I am starting to notice that when I get stressed out I like to Dress more often. The higher levels of stress the stronger the urge is to get dolled up and be Sammy. Last year when I found this site in April, I was very stressed at work and home. My wife had gone out of town for a week and BAM Sammy was reborn. I regularly wore panties and would get dressed when I could but nothing like what happened in April. I went shopping for woman’s clothes, wig, makeup shoes and I even told some of the cashiers the stuff was for me. When I finally got all Dolled up and Beautiful I couldn’t stand it and had to go out and explore. I was completely someone else. I wasn’t thinking as me but as Sammy. I had not been out dressed as a woman in 17 years. So I went out, I went to stores, a bar and a gas station while out. I was at a complete peace while I was dressed as Sammy. No stress no worries just a girl having fun.

After the week past and life went back to normal I could feel my stress level had changed. I wasn’t taking every thing so serious. I was a little more laid back. I had not completely shed my stress but I had found a way to manage it.

I truly look forward to the days and time that I get to dress as Sammy. It seems to have become my stress reliever and my way to let go and look at life a little bit different.

Well thank you for reading my Rant. XOXOXO

• This topic was modified 9 months ago by Emily Alt. Reason: Has poll

hello Sammy . I believe that dressing up in all female cloths helps me with panic attacks and stress. I am medically retired so I am a stay home dad, have a 22 year old still at home. when he goes to work my wife will tell me I can do what I like to do. yes my wife knows of my x dressing put will not let me sit in same room as her. she has seen me dressed up and even sat next to me just to show me something and then leave the room I was in.  there are times she does not like to see me dressed up and then there are times she will tell me I can dress up.   wish I had the chance to dress up and go shopping and all that, wife knows so why not dress as a female and go shopping.  I am a thin person and with some make up I can pass as a female. cover up and foundation would help.  I keep my face clean shaved, so some eye shadow and lip stick, mascara and some foundation I would look like a female. some nail polish would top it off. I have my own collection of female clothing, make up, perfume, ear rings{ clip on}. panties, and even pads.  I buy my own in stores and don’t care what the cashier thinks, but for going out dressed up. I am not that brave it would have to be not in my area so I would have to drive some where and go shopping, be under dressed  then put on make up in vehicle, heels on and wig, perfume and get out of vehicle an go shopping.

Sammy

It helps with my stress too.  I always seem to find my way back to crossdressing when I am stressed out.  Unfortunately, I deal with a lot of crossdressing guilt too.  I am trying a happy balance.  I definitely agree with you though.  When I am in the moment as Tiffany, I feel so good.  Thanks for bringing up the topic.

hugs,

Tiff

Anonymous

The stress and the guilt. Very brutal combo. I have tried to shed the shame of what I do and who I am. I think that the early programming we get as children is so difficult to overcome. But becoming aware of the it helps so much in taking steps to overcome it.

I agree about the early programming.  I have to shed the thinking that crossdressing is wrong and something I should not do.  I used to deal with the shame of hiding it from my wife.  It felt like I was cheating on her when I crossdressed.  Last year, I told her I crossdressed, so at least I crossed that bridge.  That said, I still deal with a lot of guilt…and it is so very lonely too.

K Swim
      Lady

Sometimes I stress BECAUSE I am not dressed.

If there’s something out there stressing me out, I am unable to take my mind off of it (dressed or not) until I resolve it. If it is a person causing me unnecessary stress (because that’s just how they are, or they are trying to drag me into their problems) I typically find ways to deflect those efforts or harshly tell them that their problems are not my problems.

Hi Sammy,

I find being cross dressed helps reduce the stress and anxiety I experience in day to day life.

Alice

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I dressed and went out a lot in my teens and college years. After college I gradually stopped dressing. Life was happening and a lot of good things were coming.

Several years ago things changed. My wife thought I might enjoy dressing again. I had some old clothes I kept. They were incredibly sexy. I can’t believe I had the nerve to wear them. We went out and got some new clothes.

I found when I put on my pantyhose and slide into my heels, I feel more relaxed and comfortable. When I put on a bra, I feel even more relaxed. Then I slide my breastforms in. I’m feeling very good. I slip a dress on. Mmmm, I’m feeling very good. Then I put on a wig. I love my pretty hair.

I sit down in front of my mirror and put my makeup on. I’m so enjoying this. Now I’m dressed with sometimes no place to go. Maybe I’ll got out for a drive, make a few stops and get out and walk around. I’m totally int being Patty, with all the fears, anxiety, and nervousness and all the thrill, rush and excitement that comes with being out in shiny tan pantyhose, sexy shoes, short dress, nice firm breasts and pretty hair. I become someone different. The troubles, stress and worries I had is gone.

Anonymous

In the beginning there was a bikini, and I put it on and tucked my boyhood bits away and I felt good. Then body hair started and I felt unclean, so I removed the hair and it felt good. Then exam stress started and I found my sister’s make up and I experimented, and it felt good. It looked like a road traffic accident but it felt good.

Then came the army, and I had to be guy and macho and hard and unfeeling, and that felt good. What was going on? And I could not dress or make up and that felt bad, and I was the soldier who listened to others crying and tried to comfort with words and gesture, and that felt good. Was I two people? Was I mad? Bad? No, but I was two sets of feelings in one body. I was a man’s man and a girl’s girl and all the points in between. And I am that all the time. And I admitted this to myself and it felt good. I sought out a Padre and talked for hours over months. An enlightened man, he and I reached the conclusion that the military was not a good place for me. I left and I felt bad, but so very good.

I became Sian more and man less and it felt good. Now I am Sian, who dresses as a woman, in the main, but thinks like a man. Sian who looks like a man but dresses like a woman. But when she is a woman she looks like one and can be convincing when she wants to be. But mostly she is Sian, and it feels good.

I don’t know if it reads well, or expressed well. I just thought you should know.

Love to all

Sian x

Anonymous

Sometimes crossdressing helps reduce stress.  Other times it causes it.  Lol.

Undergoing the exact same situation.  I find having my little secret helps extraordinarily.  Unfortunately a pending trip to FL is making me let my leg hair grow, wishing I could still go smooth legged in shorts, would be tough to explain.

RachelAnn
      Lady

Speaking for myself, stress plays a huge role in my dressing.  I’ve never been out and I can’t say how I would behave, but I would imagine a feminine personality would emerge.  Mainly because for me, dressing is a escape, a chance to, at least in my mind, be someone else in a sense and gives me a chance to step  out of the norm of every day life I suppose.  Even though I have on a bunch of shapewear and foundation garments, it’s  still comfortable and soothing like a old friend lol.

I am a firm believer that it helps with stress, I was a late bloomer as I did not start until I was 48, I was running three business and working all the time. As business grew it just added more stress and some things went the wrong way  financially. Was at a convention in Las Vegas in 2002 and had ran across a makeover service it intrigued me so I went. After the makeover I could not believe it was me in the mirror and a whole different persona emerged , after returning home explore the net and made a few cd friends , had a difficult time at first accepting it but with the help of these friends I decided to accept this part of myself and began going out. I made many trips back to convention in Las Vegas and continued to go to the makeover artist where I learned how to do my makeup and feel more comfortable as Gina, Gina is a different persona than my male side and it has helped me deal with many stressful times in my life. As I got more comfortable with Gina I have been out and about many places and feel I am a better person .

Anonymous

I agree 100% with this as much as I did the day I wrote it. It was one of my first posts on CDH

4.76%. Need to see a therapist, or get a new outfit. LOL

It helps with stress for me, in that it takes my focus away from other things. However, going outside dressed is its own level of stress. But again, I tend to focus on that and not the million other things that stress me out.

Angela Wagner
      Managing Ambassador

I’m one of the few who said no. I’m lucky, I lead a relatively stress-free life. I’m retired,  financially well off, and have no SO that I need to hide my dressing from. One may say I have a boring life — except I’m a man who dresses up as a woman and goes out in public. That’s not exactly mundane. My dressing doesn’t relieve stress, nor does it cause me any. I get other benefits from it. For me, it’s fun and exciting. It helps me get in touch with my feminine side and appreciate how the other half lives. I realize that for many, crossdressing can be a wonderful way to escape the worries of the day and reduce their stress. But it serves a different purpose for me.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I’m well into my 70’s and over  my life’s journey, (in the “word of the ages”)… I have had quite a few mentally “challenging” times. Somevery… serious, some not so serious.

But when the above arose and I’ve had the chance to become “Catherine Louise Ryan”, all that stress just melts away. Any one of my 13 articles here on CDH will provide ample evidence of the above

To quote my last therapist, (on a CD related matter), “Caty takes you to another place”.

With all that femme finery, “figure/facial alterations” and “primping”  with the femme clothes and hair, “male me” just melts away into the background.

When I have to revert back to “him”, yes the stress can still be there, but its nowhere near as bad.

Happy dressing

Caty.

I have to answer yes to this question.   Since coming out to my wife a few years ago and going to therapy the guilt and shame I used to feel when I dressed has gone away.  Granted it had been years since I had done any type of dressing but whenever I thought about it those feelings would return.  I was always afraid of being caught so found it to be more stressful than stress reducing.  Moving forward to the present, I find it does reduce stress.  My wife brought this up to me one day.  She said she felt like I needed some Suzanne time as I was getting anxious about some things that were going on.  We talked about it and I came to the realization that dressing does make me more relaxed and whatever is causing my stress is either easier to deal with or goes away.  There have been occasions where I have dressed for therapy sessions and it makes me more comfortable talking about things, especially my dressing.  I don’t know if it is a form of escapism or just the ability to connect with a softer, gentler part of myself I conceal from others, all I know is that it makes me feel good.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Crossdressing bought about a lot of stresses in my early years as being caught or admitting it were at the fore. Dressing itself was a release that felt comfortable and right for me but at that time very wrong and bought in those stresses.

Once I came out those stresses began to evaporate as I was liberated and free to express myself. I never saw dressing as a stress release although it had a part in allowing time out from the rigors of life enjoying something I loved doing, much like a hobby as such. It allowed the gentler, more feminine side of my nature to come out which, of course, is a release.

Of course this is more than a hobby as it is now a way of life for me and in life there are stresses that dressed or not have to be dealt with. Being myself has taken away the stresses I once had and now it is down to making sure I look fine and haven’t tucked my skirt into my knickers before going out…

I find that when I’m in the process of getting dressed, there is absolutely nothing else on my mind except making my self into a woman.  So I answered yes, because from the moment I start to the moment I have to change back, there is nothing else at all on my mind.

Nicky
      Lady

Crossdressing for me is a stress relief when I get to be Nicky I can focus on my own needs and can take a break from being masculine. I wish I could stay as Nicky. I feel more like myself. I wish I could be more outgoing and go out in public more often.

Absolutely is a stress reliever for me I feel like a different person after a dressing session. When I come out to my wife I plan on explaining the mental health benefits of  dressing in women’s clothing  my only concern is how much stress will my Crossdressing put on my lovely wife.

Staci Gal
      Lady

Crossdressing to me is not so much a stress reliever, but more of an avenue to relaxation.  I don’t get stressed out about many thing to have a need to revert to dressing as relief.  I crossdress for relaxation.  To me wearing a cute “flowy” dress or top, and heels on a warm summer day is wonderfully relaxing.  I love it, and it’s fun…   Staci…

I have often wondered if dressing helps with my stress or if I just do it during naturally low stress time. I don’t do it around family or at work but even then over time I have found out that is extremely relaxing and I just enjoy it. I would say it helps as much as video games or walking.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I feel so calm and happy when I’m dressed.

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I feel a calmness take over every time I get fully femme dressed. Sure, being a crossdresser does brings some stress into my life at times, mainly because of social non- acceptance. When I am dressed and alone, I feel true to myself, thus happy.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Crossdressing has now become a way of life for me, a very comfortable and pleasant way of life. There are certainly stresses that must be dealt with but I seem to handle them better than I did as a male.

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

Definitely yes! Like right now, I am planning to dress tomorrow after over four months without a special visit with Mary Priscilla. I simply feel lost without being able to become her, even if only for a few hours.

Mary Priscilla

I have found that my stress level is so low when I dress. Although I tend to worry that i might be a bit unaware of my surroundings. But I do find that I’m not as rushed and I slow down. I take my time, I’m at ease. I take the time to hand wash my lingerie and hang it up to dry. (making sure to keep it away from others while drying). Im more thoughtful, caring and just enjoy life a bit more. In drab mood I’m rushing, got to do this, do that, no time for that. When I’m dress it is the exact opposite. I take the time to do things I might not normally do. It a whole different world for me. My SO has been gone for a long weekend with our daughters this holiday. I have been more busy doing things I might not normally do. I have been dressed or underdressed this entire time and I feel so much better about my self and others. Just saying!

Lisa

Michelle Wayne
      Duchess - Annual

Absolutely yes! I don’t understand it but I’m glad I can use it to destress. Perfume alone can have similar effects.

Yes Absolutely ! As I have been retired for several years, I don’t feel stress from work. However, my mood always lightens and I feel happier whenever I dress. Whether it’s full blown with makeup and nylons or simply perfume, a housedress, and wig, I always feel better dressed as a woman.

Tamiya
      Lady

I said no to this one, but to reconsider, stress can be essentially anything. So on that note, when I can’t wear anything feminine, I would keep a thin black hair tie on hand (especially in the car) and would put on my wrist as I drive. It’s nice to see…so I guess it does take the edge off. Thanks for sharing miss XOXO.

Best,

Tamiya

I always feel more at ease and calmer when I have anything feminine on. I don’t know why, perhaps its because I am putting on a different persona to my male self?

Sarah Car
      Lady

When Sarah comes out to play my stress levels just go , it helps calm me and I feel much more relaxed.

Great thread.

For me, keeping it brief, it is just so wonderful to put on my clothes, especially slipping into a dress. So just dressing is calming and joyful.

Then just gets more calming and joyful as I put my makeup on, jewelry, wig, heels, to go with my undergarments of course, and then I see Catherine in the mirror and well, just always great to see her and be her.

So, helps with stress, but for me it is more just the joy of just being able to be Catherine.

Catherine

Caty Ryan
        Baroness

“From one Catherine to another”

A very hearty Hear Hear!! (Delivered in my best feminine voice.. Be even better if I had one… LOL)
        Catherine (Caty) Ryan

Prudence
      Ambassador

It makes my stress worse.

I dress more when I am stressed and in one way it takes my mind off things but for me it does introduce another stress, of being caught, because I am not out.

Tammy CD
      Duchess

Well my dear, I am totally agreeing with you. I am a man in all ways. I am in a fast paced business. When I turn into Tammy, ( that is when I am dressed) my stress level just disappears. I am at ease and feeling so comfortable when dressed. There are times when I am doing things while dressed knowing it is time to get undressed I actually get upset. I try to stay dressed for every minute I can before I change back. Just enjoy yourself when you can. And be happy

I’ve been more stressed at work than I have in years, and yes my desire to dress up has increased as well.

I can definitely relate it’s my escape from the everyday stress in in my life.

When I am Michaellee I love to feel pretty and sexy I really need to find girlfriends to dress up with just to have fun with share clothes with and give each other advice and support.

Hippie
      Lady

If I am not wearing at least one form of womens clothing. I get stressed out over nothing. I know its all in my head.

But that’s life.

Hippie

Cerys saved me. My friends and family helped, but Cerys was a pivotal.
      Some years ago, my brother was caught doing something very bad, and I mean very bad, He ultimately got sent to prison for over ten years. This sent my deeeeeeep down into my well of depression. Lord knows what it did to his son!!!!!. Anyhoo, friends and family looked after me. I spent a lot of time just hiding, isolating under the duvet, trying to close my mind. Trying to block and fight the demons. I really was in a bad way. I went to counselling. The first was useless. The second just wanted to hear about my crossdressing, she was no help at all. For 6 weeks she used me to learn about crossdressing…. The third was amazing. A transwoman, but one that I had a lot in common with. Old cars, steam engines, photography… We clicked.
      I started to visit my counsellor as Cerys. It was a safe place. A 35 minute drive from home. This was my first real foray into venturing out. With every journey, I gained confidence. At first, I would pack cerys in a bag and change en-route so my neighbours wouldn’t see me. One day my wife suggested that I change at home and risk the neighbours seeing me…. Every journey confidence grew. After a few weeks, I would stop at a shop, or get fuel. This building of confidence helped me mentally. Then at home I would start dressing as Cerys more and more. I was signed off from work, so Cerys was a lot freer. Sometimes I would feel myself falling. I’d go and get changed. Seeing Cerys in the mirror boosted me. Feeling the clothes boosted me. Seeing my tights clad legs sticking out from under a skirt boosted my. This, plus the support from family and friends, plus Carole King’s Tapestry (A real life saver) keeping my head free of demons, saved me. I slowly but surely climbed out of my well. This was some years back. I’m still a depressive. I always will be, but I’m back as best I can be.
      A few months ago, I nearly died sue to a very large pulmonary embolism. Laying in my hospital bed at 2AM I dreamed about my funeral. On my coffin was a picture of me as Cerys. From that moment on, I decided that Cerys was no longer a secret that only a few knew about. I told all my family and friends. I told work colleagues. I changed my Facebook profile and banner pics to pics of Cerys…. I go out, I lived as Cerys. I lived as Cerys for 5 weeks, only changing to man mode when my wife and I went out for meals (to please her)…. I’ve been off work for 4 months. Cerys goes out most days. I’ve been Cerys for 5 days…. When I’m struggling Cerys really helps me. Cerys takes me away from stress and hassle. Cerys focusses me on other things. Cerys clears my head. Whenever I get stressed, or fall back into my well (nowhere near as deep), Cerys is there.
      I love Cerys. She makes me happy when I feel I have nothing to be happy about!

Cerys

Harriette
      Lady

Since 1994, I have been retired. Even before that, I didn’t know what stress is, so I voted no.

Dressing has helped with depression before, so it would seem to make sense it would work with stress.. however, I think the thing that gives me the most stress right now is the amount of time I need to complete school projects. When I dress I spend a lot of time getting ready, and then taking pictures, and then I just end up never logging into school 😅 so it’s actually increased my stress, but likely only until I’m done with school

Anonymous

I don’t dress to reduce stress, but I enjoy doing it so much it would have an effect on my my wellbeing. Like other things I enjoy doing, it makes me a more reflective and confident person. It would reduce stress in an indirect manner.

Dani
      Lady

It does ease stress when I have some time. I have a few hours every morning and sometimes that works but many mornings it’s like – meh, why bother for just a couple of hours. I love it when I’m alone for a day or two. And when I got on work trips and stay in a hotel.

All i know is im very happy and content when im dressed and never think about anything but how gooood i feel!!

Yael Lyons
      Duchess

I totally agree. I always feel much more relaxed when I am dressed. Feels so natural. All my stress goes away except for the possibility of my wife coming home early and catching me.

Scarlett398
        Princess

Yael, that’s the way it was for me for many years. Then I got discovered by my wife when she did come home early from work! She was disgusted at first and it took about a year to realize Scarlett was a part of me.

I can dress know as long as my wife isn’t present.

However, because of health issues related to sports injuries, I have’t dressed in over a year now.

Love, Scarlett

Scarlett,

Thanks for a great post.

Just wishing you healing from your sports injuries, so if you wish to dress again, under the parameters you mentioned, I hope you are able to.

Catherine

Yael Lyons
          Duchess

Scarlett,

Thank you for the reply. I hope you are healing and dealing as best you can with the Florida heat and humidity. My wife knows about my crossdressing. She does not mind what I do as long as she is not present. It is funny and sad at the same time. My wife will comment on what a woman is wearing or how her makeup is done but if I say something there is only silence.

Love,

Yael.

Yael, I’m at the point we’re I wish my wife would come home early and catch me dressed I’m just tired of sneaking around.

[quote quote=755935]except for the possibility of my wife coming home early and catching me.[/quote]

I would find that very stressful! Time for The Talk? Best, Marlene.

Whilst I do agree that dressing in general helps me destress, I find that when there are long periods when I cannot fully dress I am stressed because of that. So dressing helps me avoid the stress of not dressing – is this a sign of an addiction?

…and, now thinking about that, is the addiction of CDing why, the more I dress the more I want to dress?

I certainly feel slightly euphoric when I about to dress and when I am dressed – again a symptom of an addiction?

On the other hand, if it is an addiction, it is a non-destructive and non-hurtful addiction, so should I worry? I don’t think so.

i find not being able to dress for long periods very stressfull. constantly on edge and imagining the moment i will finally be able to relax and be my dreamy female self.

Melodee
      Ambassador

Hm, I didn’t see the “Oh hells yes!” option, so I just picked ‘Yes’. 🙂

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Stress and CrossDressing’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?