- April 18, 2021 at 4:53 am #479296Deidre SmithParticipantRegistered On: April 18, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 0Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 22 times
I’m struggling with my husband’s crossdressing and is like to talk to somebody in a similar position.
Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.Jenni Perry, Diane Rakers, Olivia Livin, Autumn Valiant, Julie Carson, Lily-Rose Nielsen, Jamie Taal, Samantha Roarke, Baily Marie Lovejoy, karley delaware, Kathleen De Mayer, Stephanie Flowers, Stephanie Bass, Bettylou Cox, Jamie Peridot, Teralynn Loving, Effie Jayne, Genevïéve, Regine Rich, Stevie Steiner
- April 19, 2021 at 11:07 pm #481357AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 13 times
- April 18, 2021 at 6:24 pm #479584Samantha RoarkeAmbassadorRegistered On: April 17, 2019Topics: 47Replies: 1561Has thanked: 5629 timesBeen thanked: 3539 times
Wives and significant others in our lives’ play major roles in one’s crossdressing journey.
Hi, the questions below should help you see things from a Significant other’s point of view. When I came out I didn’t even think of how this would effect her. I only knew of this ever scratching need to present as femme in some way. This is a complicated emotional rollercoaster. Some of the questions can’t be answered by you alone, only together will they be answered. Communicate well and remember to include your Significant other. no secrets allowed here.
- April 18, 2021 at 6:11 pm #479574
- April 18, 2021 at 11:29 am #479460eleanor holbornManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: September 23, 2018Topics: 2524Replies: 409Has thanked: 154 timesBeen thanked: 505 times
- April 18, 2021 at 11:14 am #479457Lucinda HawknsLadyRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1306Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 1504 times
Hi Deidre and welcome to C.D.H. there is lots of info here and us ladies are very friendly people. i see that you have had a lot of girls message you and hope it helps you out with your husband x dressing. i am a x dresser also and wife knows of it she lets me dress up when no other adult child is home. she will let me dress up but no help with make up or let me sit in same room as her, she has seen me dressed up and getting dressed up and even putting on make up. i am some what passable but rather not go out doors, maybe on Halloween i would for i can get away with it. real woman x dress all the time and nothing is said. so what is the big deal with us x dressing and feeling feminine, seeing what its like to be a female> the clothing is much better fit and looks great. well hope you can learn more from this site and learn to be more supportive to your husband on x dressing.
- April 18, 2021 at 9:51 am #479438Mandy WifeBaronessRegistered On: September 12, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 219Has thanked: 150 timesBeen thanked: 933 times
Hi Deidre and welcome from another wife. As has been said, we have our own group & forum we can use on addition to the main forums so please request to join.
We have a wide range of experiences and are there to offer friendship, advice if it’s wanted, a place to vent to others that have gone through the same range of emotions and all sorts and we are a friendly bunch😃
You are not limited to the Wives forums, you can post on the open ones as well, some of us do both, but sometimes we just want to hear from others that have felt the same way at some point, or get advice on how we have made things work from our side of the fence and that’s OK as well.
- April 18, 2021 at 9:22 am #479423karley delawareBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 427Has thanked: 1987 timesBeen thanked: 1231 times
- April 18, 2021 at 8:41 am #479411ANDREA RAVENLadyRegistered On: December 21, 2017Topics: 6Replies: 320Has thanked: 44 timesBeen thanked: 730 times
Lovely to see you here, you have already been given a lot of advice and it will take a bit of time to go through all that and reflect on how it applies to your self. After that you probably will still have lots of questions. I have been crossdressing for years and finally came to terms with it a few years ago, there are no quick answers, it can be a struggle, but if you want to chat to me, and ask anything I will be only too pleased to hear from you. So if you want to chat just send me a PM. Good luck for the future……………..
- April 18, 2021 at 8:10 am #479391Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 29Replies: 5041Has thanked: 8905 timesBeen thanked: 9034 times
Nice meeting you. Your a very special spouse and hopefully this place you’ll find many of the answers you are seeking .There are certainly many happy stories about couples discovering this unique relationship but unfortunately many don’t.
This is certainly the place you’ll find many of the answers you are seeking. Only a short while ago that I opened up to my wife after 40 years of marriage. It was a huge surprise for her and certainly very emotional. The biggest concern was the mistrust I caused. Seeing her and the hurt that it caused was hard. We had many talks and through this agreements and guidelines were set and together were slowly working it out. But Cdh and it’s resources helped my wife and myself understand more about our individual troubles. There is a place where many GG gals like yourself could receive the help and support to get the answers your wanted to know.
A special group for you special gg ladies to I’m sure will help you ( wives & significant others )
where ladies like yourself can offer their help to questions only you would like to ask them. our gg ambassador to the group will be very happy to enroll you there. .
There is a procedure to identify the person enrolling and may a little time.
Theses ladies are awesome and will support you in every way. No body is left out, that ‘s what makes this such a wonderful place to belong. Best to you and hope to hear from you soon. As an ambassador and a cder, if you need anything please be free to PM me, I may not be able to answer your most personal questions but possibly give some hindsights to what your spouse is going through. The best to you both on this journey ahead…
Stephanie 🌹 🌹
- April 18, 2021 at 7:35 am #479372GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 1207Has thanked: 10276 timesBeen thanked: 4968 times
- April 18, 2021 at 7:34 am #479371Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1604Has thanked: 17998 timesBeen thanked: 5309 times
Hi Deidre nice to meet you and so happy you reached out to us for the sake of you and your husband/ girlfriend .. You are a wonderful sole to reach out to us as others here have said look into the Wives and SOs side to get a better insite in to the issues you are having .. You can allways come here and post some questions here for us to answer as like everything some may not be what you want to hear but thats where you have to have that line of communication between you to always talk you are a wonderful caring person or you wouldnt be here so thankyou for your love and care for your husband and again nice to meet you good luck ..
- April 18, 2021 at 7:12 am #479365Teralynn LovingLadyRegistered On: October 17, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 1155Has thanked: 10715 timesBeen thanked: 2228 times
Hi Deidre, Teralynn here. Welcome to CDH. As others have pointed out there is a separate group of significant others of crossdressing people who can share their experiences and answer many of your questions. Joining that group will provide you a lot more understanding of the current situation you are in – but not all. Some of the questions you may want to ask should be addressed to not only them but also to actual crossdressing people. Why would you want to do that? Because all of the people in that group are significant others and not crossdressing people. There are just some questions that only a crossdressing person can answer. So address some questions to both groups of people and it may broaden your perspective immensely. I have been a crossdresser for over decades. Have a wonderful accepting and supportive wife. When I first learned about Teralynn I did all kinds of research into it. Now I look at crossdressing from a psychological perspective. The whys and hows were always more important to me than anything else. It is a complicated situation you find yourself in and lots of us that have spouses/life partners/wives/or any other type of significant others understand how difficult it is for them to adjust to a new reality about the person who you have chosen to be with. That is why you will find a lot of crossdressing people and their significant others are willing to answer your questions and help you cope as much as we can. So join the support group, ask your questions and get to know members on both sides (crossdressers and significant others). If I can ever be of service please feel free to contact me through this site and let me know how I can help. A post on my home profile page wall or a private message will get the fastest response. – Blessings
- April 18, 2021 at 6:37 am #479348Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2105Has thanked: 4213 timesBeen thanked: 7561 times
Your husband is lucky to have a wife willing to search for answers. Most wives will be found on the private forum, which is off-limits to us.
I can tell you that my wife had a less-difficult time with my CD, because she had previously learned from somewhere the concept of getting in touch with your feminine side- – which is exactly what it is we do.
- April 18, 2021 at 6:27 am #479344Jamie PeridotLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 266Has thanked: 1565 timesBeen thanked: 803 times
Thanks for being here. I wish the best for you and your husband’s relationship. Acceptance can run the spectrum from encouragement and participation to “don’t ask, don’t tell.” Keep talking and learning and don’t give up.🤗
- April 18, 2021 at 5:43 am #479329Olivia LivinLadyRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 47Replies: 1622Has thanked: 8043 timesBeen thanked: 4310 times
Hello Deidre and welcome,
First off, thank you for taking the time and being strong enough to reach out and gain some knowledge. The private wives forum has already been mentioned. Even reading some of the threads by us may provide some light.
Honest communication between the two of you is paramount. For myself and others who have accepting and even some supportive S.O’s this as a key.
It is sometimes difficult for us to properly explain to others some things that we don’t fully understand ourselves, like why. We understand the way it makes us feel, the void dressing seems to fill, along with a calmer attitude and better ability to deal with stress and depression. I sincerely hope you can find the answers that help you, and that lead to positive discussions with your partner in contiuning a loving relationship.
- April 18, 2021 at 5:40 am #479326Effie JayneDuchessRegistered On: February 7, 2021Topics: 27Replies: 687Has thanked: 1390 timesBeen thanked: 2381 times
- April 18, 2021 at 5:30 am #479316Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 716Has thanked: 4500 timesBeen thanked: 2723 times
Hi Deidre There is a section on this site for SO’s who have questions or as you have said struggling with their husbands desire to cross dress. I am sure you will find what you need there. If you want better understanding from a cross dressers perspective then ask away. I am sure there will be no lack of responses.
- April 18, 2021 at 5:15 am #479307Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 49Replies: 1165Has thanked: 5403 timesBeen thanked: 6019 times
Deidre welcome and thank you for that post. Ad Regine stated we do have a private forum for the wives and SO’s of crossdressers. I sincerely thank you for the effort you are making to understand your husbands situation, it speaks very well of you 🙂. There are many others who deal with this – just remember you are not alone Deidre!
- April 18, 2021 at 5:04 am #479302Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 892Has thanked: 9027 timesBeen thanked: 3919 times
Hi Deidre, and welcome to CDH.
Thank you for joining here, and reaching out. There are quite a few wives of crossdressers here, and they have a forum of there own, we cannot see the postings, so you should look there.
I hope ,for your sake, and your husbands, you can resolve your issues, the support of our wives, for those of us that have it, means the whole world.
If you have any specific questions, that I as a heterosexuals’ crossdresser, could answer, please feel fee to pm me, or ask in a posting.
Hugs, and thanks for trying, Regine👩💕
- April 18, 2021 at 6:03 am #479335GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 1207Has thanked: 10276 timesBeen thanked: 4968 times
The only problem with the ‘SO Only’ forum is that there is no interaction between our Wives/GFs/SOs and us. They are left to their own devices without any feedback from us.
We don’t get the chance to know how other SO’S are feeling… what their concerns/worries are… if any.
They are on the ‘Journey’ also… it would be of great benefit to us to know what they are experiencing/feeling along the way.
- April 18, 2021 at 10:05 am #479440Mandy WifeBaronessRegistered On: September 12, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 219Has thanked: 150 timesBeen thanked: 933 times
I don’t see there is a “problem” with the Wives forum/group at all, I get that those who CD want to know how their other half feels, quite rightly, and that’s where conversations between partners would always be encouraged.
However, having somewhere we can talk to others who have a shared experience and understand how WE may be feeling without feeling pressurised into accepting anything is vital. Most dressers on here would never think to put pressure on a wife/SO to accept more than she can at any given time but it does happen, and sometimes even just a comment like “go on, give it a go, you may like it” can be taken as putting pressure on and make a wife/SO feel guilty and inadequate and like she is failing as a wife/SO and it’s not what you need or want to hear.
I post on both the private and public forums as there is a balance to me, but I also scroll past quite a few posts I don’t want to look at because they don’t apply to me so I scroll on by.
There is also the Genetic Girls forum where anyone can ask the GGs anything so tthat is there as a middle ground I suppose.
- April 18, 2021 at 6:20 am #479340Jamie PeridotLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 266Has thanked: 1565 timesBeen thanked: 803 times
That is a double edged sword. I sooo agree with you that it would be beneficial, but see the need for them to be able to express their views, and feelings without fear that they may be “ganged up on” by us. Maybe there could be the private fourm AND a joint fourm.
- April 21, 2021 at 1:14 am #481793Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 49Replies: 1165Has thanked: 5403 timesBeen thanked: 6019 times
- April 18, 2021 at 6:52 am #479358GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 1207Has thanked: 10276 timesBeen thanked: 4968 times
‘Ganged up on’… I’ve not seen that happen ever in the nine months that I’ve been apart of this wonderful community.
I have seen nothing but the utmost respect for any SO that posts in the public domain. You must agree.
Love and non-judgmental acceptance is what I have experienced here on CDH. There is no ‘Ganging’ up on others. Beit between ourselves, or SO’s.
Can’t we all just get along… ?
Peace and L❤VE
- April 20, 2021 at 12:34 am #481362LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 48Replies: 551Has thanked: 441 timesBeen thanked: 2553 times
the Wives and SOs get a forum of their own so they can talk about us and not to us. It’s a unique and difficult perspective for them and they don’t need us chiming in. It’s great that the site has this group to support our partners. They know they are welcome to take part in other forums in the unlikely event that anything there takes their interest.
- April 18, 2021 at 9:25 am #479424Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 716Has thanked: 4500 timesBeen thanked: 2723 times
Hi Genevieve, My Mother In Law Just said to me an hour ago ” Can’t we all just get along” after me complaining she ruined a brand new white top I just bought. never worn. She accidentally washed it with something pink and they were not mine. After all we are all civilized woman until a cute top is ruined then its everyone for themselves. Its still cute maybe a little cuter than i wanted.
- April 18, 2021 at 7:34 am #479370Jamie PeridotLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 266Has thanked: 1565 timesBeen thanked: 803 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.