- April 23, 2021 at 2:46 pm #483075Amanda BurtonParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 1554Has thanked: 9178 timesBeen thanked: 6163 times
Well yes that time of year is approaching, we all long for those long hot summer days, after the cold and dormant winter months. What always give me pleasure and marks the imminent arrival of the first sign of the advancing summer to me is the arrival of the first little “Swifts”. To watch these fast and agile little birds whizzing around from the comfort of my patio chair, almost in playfully dog fights, always brings me a smile and warm satisfaction that summer is arriving. What things, that you see, and enjoy trigger your pleasure in knowing summer is coming?.
- April 24, 2021 at 6:57 pm #483590Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 1040Has thanked: 14557 timesBeen thanked: 3903 times
The Purple Martins returning to build their nests in the barn just outside my horses stall, watching them flit about the barnyard. The Ospreys returning to build their best on my neighbors pier, and Dungeness getting to watch bald eagles in their mating ritual above the river. The grass growing in, I know soon we won’t have to feed the horses any more, they’ll eat grass all summer long. The big spring thunderstorms flashing lightning over the horizon, and the smell of rain in the air just before the storm breaks. And of course, who can forget the treasured sounds of sneezing. My wife’s allergies 🤧 screaming until the pollen settles out once ask the yes are in full leaf.
- April 24, 2021 at 5:59 pm #483560Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 52Replies: 1260Has thanked: 5712 timesBeen thanked: 6451 times
I do so love summer, well till the humidity ramps up anyway. Nothing more relaxing than the sound of rain against the window at night or the sound of the wind rustling through the leaves. Very relaxing. The birds chirping outside my bedroom window at 4:30 am I could do without tho. Wish they could learn to sleep in a bit later. Damn, they wake up early.
Oh, and the sight of short shorts and bikinis can be quite pleasant too 😊.
- April 24, 2021 at 5:40 pm #483554Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 25Replies: 789Has thanked: 3182 timesBeen thanked: 3215 times
- April 24, 2021 at 1:25 pm #483483Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 24Replies: 573Has thanked: 3690 timesBeen thanked: 2179 times
Amanda I too love the smell of freshly cut grass. I was observing a local farmer the other day he was mowing a field of knee length grass, hovering above the fields were loads of Red Kite just waiting to see what lies beneath. Near where we live some neighbour’s have tree’s that has pink foliage really beautiful to see this time of year.
Love Sarah xx
- April 24, 2021 at 1:32 pm #483489
- April 24, 2021 at 6:51 am #483344stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 157Replies: 2112Has thanked: 3377 timesBeen thanked: 9967 times
Everywhere bursting with new life …. the Lime green of new tree leaves … shady woodland glades with the sun breaking through ……..and bright green grasslands. Flowers! Warm wind (meteorological wind.) Birdies singing. Red Kites riding the thermals. Mud that dries up quickly.
And once it arrives……..
Short summery skirts (ruffles are in!)…. bare legs …. GG’s wearing skirts and dresses again! Me wearing flowy summer dresses! Skater dresses for airflow … taking (some) of my clothes off …. Bare shoulders. Wearing as little as possible. Cute sheer blouses….. Nipples… Going commando. Ice cold wheat beer. BBQ’s! Oversized sunglasses. Sandals in the woods. Warm rain.
The Sun has got her hat on! Hip Hip Hip Hooray!
The Sun has got her hat on and I’m going out to play!
Hugs Steph xx 😎🌞
- April 24, 2021 at 1:43 pm #483492Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 1554Has thanked: 9178 timesBeen thanked: 6163 times
Well my beauty of the woods I can see the warm air of summer has tickled thy Volvo. Such a magical time of year from spring transition to summer, if only more people actually got out their cars and made an effort to walk, the beauty they come across is breathtakingly amazing. So lovely to get the shear cotton and lace dress out and soak up the early sun sweetie. Amanda xx
- April 24, 2021 at 3:36 am #483264Regi KellyPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 1053Has thanked: 11175 timesBeen thanked: 4619 times
- April 23, 2021 at 3:47 pm #483104GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 1342Has thanked: 11451 timesBeen thanked: 5539 times
- April 23, 2021 at 3:49 pm #483107
- April 23, 2021 at 3:42 pm #483100Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 206Has thanked: 374 timesBeen thanked: 877 times
I look forward to fires by the lake. Riding my Harley and jet ski but I really look forward to wearing a short dress tall heels and walking in the park… window shopping…and strutting around.
- April 23, 2021 at 3:19 pm #483089Eona OhLadyRegistered On: March 7, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 125Has thanked: 460 timesBeen thanked: 564 times
- April 23, 2021 at 3:41 pm #483098Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 1554Has thanked: 9178 timesBeen thanked: 6163 times
- April 23, 2021 at 3:48 pm #483106Eona OhLadyRegistered On: March 7, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 125Has thanked: 460 timesBeen thanked: 564 times
- April 23, 2021 at 3:53 pm #483109
- April 23, 2021 at 4:45 pm #483124Eona OhLadyRegistered On: March 7, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 125Has thanked: 460 timesBeen thanked: 564 times
- April 24, 2021 at 12:34 am #483236
- April 24, 2021 at 4:13 am #483278Dawn WyvernManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: February 23, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 328Has thanked: 268 timesBeen thanked: 1305 times
Another keen paddler here – well I used to race Canoe and Kayak quite seriously but now paddle for recreation. The lovely late spring days or cool evenings are the best time to paddle for me – however the clouds of midges are a real pain at times !!
- April 24, 2021 at 4:37 am #483285Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 1554Has thanked: 9178 timesBeen thanked: 6163 times
Gosh I watched some of those activities, very competitive sport. I did quite a bit of sea canoeing when I was younger, gosh that was so thrilling to catch a wave and torpedo onto the beach. Was fitter in them days to battle the waves.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Amanda Burton.
- April 24, 2021 at 4:42 am #483288Dawn WyvernManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: February 23, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 328Has thanked: 268 timesBeen thanked: 1305 times
Being born in Devizes I had the opportunity to race in the Devizes to Westminster several times and used to do quite well .. I have surfed wave skis and canoes, and love to tour various rivers lakes and canals all over the UK ..
its fab sport for using a natural resource !
- April 24, 2021 at 7:07 pm #483593Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 1040Has thanked: 14557 timesBeen thanked: 3903 times
My family love kayaking in the Chesapeake Bay and river behind the house. Just today I built new hanging davits for the boats under the back deck with a bit of line and some cleats. Well be getting them into the water soon enough.
- April 23, 2021 at 2:54 pm #483081Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 85Replies: 1821Has thanked: 6494 timesBeen thanked: 10196 times
All the trees are in leaf, and the hedgerows full of birdsong…the nights are gradually staying lighter for longer…
going for walks without a coat!!!…..and all the gg’ s are starting to wear summer clothes….you don’t have to ask me twice!!!!
- April 23, 2021 at 3:43 pm #483101
- April 23, 2021 at 2:51 pm #483078Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 40Replies: 1029Has thanked: 304 timesBeen thanked: 3461 times
- April 24, 2021 at 7:11 pm #483594LadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 1040Has thanked: 14557 timesBeen thanked: 3903 times
We’ll get the deer in our yard a little later in the year, they’ll stroll down the shore line once the water is a little warmer. Or maybe they’re waiting for something else? I dunno… for now they stay up the street a short distance in the neighbors yards. The other day we counted i think 14 or so.
- April 23, 2021 at 3:44 pm #483102
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.