• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Hi, Girls,

Not sure if this would belong in the Beauty forum, but I’m wondering about how others are taking care of their skin. I have been trying to remember to put on sunscreen every morning. I need to minimize my farmer’s tan, and besides, it’s just not healthy. I’ve been using Neutrogena 100 Ultra Sheer. I think I am seeing a little difference. They say the hands are a dead giveaway of age so I’m putting it on from fingernails up past the elbow along with my face. I wear short sleeve shirts every day so this process also happens every day. Any others do likewise?

💄👠
      Catherine

Peta Mari
      Lady

Most years I go on a few native hunts with my aboriginal mates.  Because I’m with them, we can legally hunt wombat and goannas. And I render them down for a few days in the camp overs over a very slow fire.

The wombat fat solidifies at room temp. Whereas the goanna oil remains liquefied. The aboriginals used both for moisturizer, and medicine, such as sunburn cream, and soothing balm for aches, pains, and sore joints.

The wombat fat is great for the hands in winter, especially if your constantly got them in and out of water. (I’m an ex fisherman ) its very similar to the grease that divers apply to their skin before putting on a wetsuit, for diving in cold water.

The goanna oil is liquid gold.

I mix it in various jars containing comfrey, eucalyptus oil, olive oil, rose flowers, lavender, and citrus. It makes fantastic gun oil as well.

The closest you can get to goanna oil in the states is Alligator oil. I suspect iguanas also would have a high fat content, similar to the goanna. (If your interested in making it yourself.)

Anonymous

Mary Jane…

Wow…what an interesting post, i had never heard of this before. I suspect mainly because I have never seen wombat fat in my local Tesco’s superstore

…but joking apart, it’s quite amazing how we can always learn something new…can you buy this stuff in your stores or do you always have to make it yourselves??

Intrigued, grace xx

Peta Mari
          Lady

Definitely not shop bought, nor commercially available. I’m only able to acquire the raw material through my aboriginal friends, who are “legally” able to hunt those animals because of traditional culture.

(I’m not allowed to hunt them without being with my friends. In Australia they are protected.)

Anonymous

Thank you xx

Due to medications, it makes my skin very thin so the hospital strongly advised that I put sunscreen and cover up when I go outside (long sleeved shirt or sleeves, hat).  My wife calls me a vampire.  Most people like sunny days.  If it is cloud and dark outside I am estatic.

So I put sunscreen on during the spring/summer months.  During winter it is cold out and I cover up with a parka to block out the sun,

However, using sunscreen is just half the battle.  Stay out of the sun or find shade as the sun can drastically age your skin fast.

Amen! And thanks for bringing it back to the topic of sun damage. 😘

I live in southern CA so it’s sunny here most all the time, which I adore. It’s one of the few reasons I stay in this state and one of the biggest reasons others move here. However, that beautiful sun is a mixed blessing. I never really used to mind that I had a farmer’s tan, but now that my inner Catherine wants to come out and be known/seen, I am more concerned about that. That strikes me as one of those dead giveaways that someone is a CD, even if she is otherwise passing. I hope to gain enough tolerance from my wife to one day be able to shave off my ugly, masculine body hair from my entire body. But then those tan lines will still be there. That, along with general health and avoiding skin cancer, are why I have started using sunscreen every day. I’d like to hear from other ladies who have similar or related experiences.

🩱🌞

Catherine

I’m a big believer in sunscreen, as skin cancer tends to run in my family.  I’ve managed to fade my farmer tan through years of careful diligence, but it’s still there somewhat, and maybe it always will be.

I’m still on a search for the ideal daily-use suncreen though.  Most of them have an overpowering sunscreen smell, and even some of the supposedly non-comedogenic sunscreens for the face will give me acne.  (Right now I’m using the Eucerin Daily Protection face lotion, SPF 30.)

I’m also using the Neutrogena Ulta-Sheer 100+ SPF currently for the rest of whatever’s exposed.  It’s okay, but I’ll probably step down to something milder when this runs out.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Well Scarlett and I are unable to get any of that anywhere here in the U.K.  Hunting for any lizard is forbidden and the size of them would not bear much oil at all.

Open water swimmers here use something called channel grease. In days gone by that was goose fat or lard. These days it is a kind of vaseline/lanolin mix. More used for insulation and anti chafing properties. I am not sure what it does for the skin but they look like bleached prunes when they get out of the water.

I will use my trusty Nivea cream as my mother did and seemed to work for her, although, at 94 her skin is a little prunish……..

Anonymous

Is that the lesser spotted Nivea bird???

…hunted to extinction for it cream….or its famous Spanish cousin…the ” wrinkle bird “…a face cream was made from its eggs which were very expensive…each night the male bird could be heard chatting up the female ..” Olay…Olay “….

hence the name….Olay wrinkle cream…

You live and learn….grace 😉 x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?