- Dogtv a good idea for support
- No not a good idea for support
- Will tune in to DogTv
- Won't tune in to DogTv
- November 5, 2021 at 3:15 pm #569042AnonymousInactiveTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Well starting this coming Monday a new television channel is set to be launched. The channel will be available on smart TVs, Android and Apple devices and online too.
Yes Dogtv, will air programmes that scientists say alleviate conditions suffered by pets such as anxiety, loneliness and stress. Producers used research into animals psychological needs to help them feel more stimulated, relaxed or help them sleep. The colours, audio frequency and camera angles have been adapted to cater for dog senses. The show will also help owners understand and look after their pets. With the rise of dog owners due to the pandemic, and owners returning to work, DogTv will help their canine pets feel relaxed and comfortable until their owners return. I unfortunately don’t have a dog, although I do understand dogs need company attention, and love. (Don’t we all). So the question is would you let your dog watch DogTv?, are you thinking this could be great support for your pet, or a barking ( I know sorry) idea. Will you dog become glued to the TV, will they understand it or just bark their disapproval, or simply pay no attention to it what’s so ever. Well ladies do think this going to offer the support dogs left on their own need?
Lol Amanda xx
- November 6, 2021 at 6:44 pm #569817PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 322Has thanked: 1429 timesBeen thanked: 1337 times
Hi Amanda!. I voted other. My dogs before where fine with it. My dog now, barks at all animals on tv. And since he is big enough to eat the the t.v., I try to avoid it for the most part. At least if I am not home. The tele stays on when I am gone. But not Animal Planet. giggle. Hugs Pru
- November 6, 2021 at 1:45 pm #569692Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 14Replies: 636Has thanked: 3703 timesBeen thanked: 3367 times
- November 6, 2021 at 5:59 pm #569784AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- November 6, 2021 at 6:37 pm #569813Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 14Replies: 636Has thanked: 3703 timesBeen thanked: 3367 times
I asked him to speak loudly into the microphone. Smart little critter!
“WOOF!” (Barb’s okay, just a little slow on our walks when she’s high-heeling it. Sure is fun to push the pace, though!)
xo Barb & Bruno
- November 6, 2021 at 1:50 pm #569695AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- November 6, 2021 at 1:59 pm #569699Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 14Replies: 636Has thanked: 3703 timesBeen thanked: 3367 times
SURVIVOR – Season 25 – Canine vs Feline!!
Who will be the last to “BARK!” or “MEOW!” ??
Who will be left standing on 3 legs or having a hissy fit??
Love it, Donna!
🐕🦺 🐱 Barb
- This reply was modified 2 months ago by Barb Wire.
- November 6, 2021 at 2:56 pm #569715
- November 6, 2021 at 12:33 pm #569646AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- November 6, 2021 at 6:04 pm #569794AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
That’s fair enough sweetie, no need to apologise,not everyone likes dogs,
Lol Amanda xx ps have your passport ready you may have to go into hiding 😂😂😬😬
- November 6, 2021 at 11:58 am #569624KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 725Has thanked: 3338 timesBeen thanked: 3639 times
Hi Amanda, Thanks so much for the idea. I just went to the dogtv.com website. And there is some free programming to try.
So Sandy was in the room with me when I put on the first program intended to stimulate your pet. And it does that. Sandy’s ears perked up and she came closer to the computer to check it out. But talk about annoying, no chance I could sit through 5 minutes of this program. It had very perky upbeat music, squeaky toys being squeaked throughout, a little girl saying here doggy, I love you. Oh my, it was tiring.
So then I tried the relaxation program and sure enough as soon as I turned it on, Sandy started yawning and laid down and fell asleep. But after a couple of minutes of power napping she got up and gave me a big “arrrooo”, husky talk for that’s enough, pay attention to me.
I moved onto the next program called exposure intended to help your dog get used to street noise, car rides, door bells, All I recall is the ending which was a gang of three dogs doing a butt sniff on a single dog. Is that what’s next, doggy porn????
A fourth show is the Dog Chef and recipes. The pumpkin muffins did look good and obviously shareable between dad and pup.
So try it free. There’s several price points depending on who is your tv provider and length of subscription.
thanks again Amanda. Big Hugs, Krista and an Arrooo from Sandy.
- November 6, 2021 at 1:04 am #569203AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Amanda….right up my street!!!
Oh gosh….I cannot type for laughing…..So many possible scenarios!!!
Come on 2poos…walkies!!!
Sod off…woofenders is just starting!!!!…
Imagine being savaged by your rottweiler for turning Deputy Dawg off to watch the football!!
Where will it end????….Cat TV with endless re runs of Top cat, Tom and Jerry and Garfield…then there’s the Hamster Vision channel, Monday night Mousewatch……and how about the Stick insect Satellite channel.
Hang on though… could TV actually be any worse than it is now????
….and watching hundreds of different dogs being surveyed by scientists to see what programmes they like…..could be really funny.
a well treated, well fed and looked after dog will not need dawg TV.
- November 6, 2021 at 6:24 pm #569807AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Well the danger is that dogs could end up like a lot of kids that watch TV, obese and the equivalent of the a human Kevin.
Lol Amanda xx
2 users thanked author for this post.
- November 6, 2021 at 3:57 am #569233AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Ha ha brilliant sweetie, can’t wait for the K9 police 5 series. Reports of foul play on the sports fields, urinating in a public place, and please help find this dog, last seen chasing squirrels.
Lol Amanda xx
- November 6, 2021 at 12:54 am #569202Penny JayLadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 66Has thanked: 376 timesBeen thanked: 461 times
- November 5, 2021 at 10:42 pm #569188Stephanie GreenLadyRegistered On: October 30, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 72Has thanked: 90 timesBeen thanked: 366 times
I have a lot of experience with dogs. I’m not saying I know everything, but I’ve owned dogs for decades and they all seemed happy and well adjusted. I own two dogs so that they can keep each other company when all of the humans are gone from the house. All I know about DogTV is what you mentioned, Amanda. It could be good for dogs and their owners. I’m not going to go out of my way to watch it or put it on for my dogs though.
- November 5, 2021 at 8:05 pm #569173Stephanie RobertsPrincessRegistered On: May 20, 2020Topics: 23Replies: 1167Has thanked: 10402 timesBeen thanked: 4810 times
- November 5, 2021 at 6:37 pm #569145Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 18Replies: 2782Has thanked: 39993 timesBeen thanked: 10093 times
- November 5, 2021 at 6:18 pm #569139Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 314Has thanked: 7629 timesBeen thanked: 1399 times
I think my dogs would loose interest quickly. Mostly they like to chase things that move along the ground. They always try to kill the vacuum when we use it. If the TV hasn’t been on for a few days they pay attention for a little while. I would turn it on to try it though. Maybe the creators of the channel have figured out how to keep their attention.
- This reply was modified 2 months ago by Lara Tucker.
- November 6, 2021 at 3:49 am #569231AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- November 5, 2021 at 5:09 pm #569092AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- November 5, 2021 at 3:28 pm #569051SylviaLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 569Has thanked: 13645 timesBeen thanked: 2495 times
- November 5, 2021 at 5:04 pm #569090AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Well I do not have dog either, but if it works why not. I had a cat that would always come and lay on the arm of the settee next to me and watch the snooker with me. It wouldn’t move till the snooker finished.
Lol Amanda xx
- November 6, 2021 at 6:17 pm #569801AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
What more can a girl ask for to make her day other than a woofs and hugs,
💋 love you both xx
- November 6, 2021 at 1:39 pm #569688
- November 6, 2021 at 1:36 pm #569682
- November 6, 2021 at 1:28 pm #569678
- November 6, 2021 at 9:33 am #569546
- November 6, 2021 at 9:12 am #569536karley delawareBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 442Has thanked: 2263 timesBeen thanked: 1342 times
Hi Stephanie………….the world is crazy…………what ever you are drinking…..may I also have a few swigs of it (giggles)?. Oh…….to be on topic………..I think if they have smell-o-vision , they would really have something!! Oh………and 3D to chase balls and stuff…………….
I had a phone app that used the camera feature to show how a dog sees the world………………not too exciting……………I am a hideous green color……………..we can agree on blacks, greys and white ……………………..I know, the crazy world would take that out of context and make something out of it…………………is it any wonder people are drinking and drugging?
- November 6, 2021 at 8:07 am #569515AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- November 5, 2021 at 6:04 pm #569130
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.