- November 26, 2022 at 5:50 pm #697119KendraParticipantRegistered On: September 10, 2015Topics: 22Replies: 73Has thanked: 43 timesBeen thanked: 637 times
I had a heart to heart with my spouse a couple of days ago about my dressing. Of course it started out strictly dialogue, with me trying to explain why I am not a freak and that I just have an irresistible compulsion to present as a woman sometimes. But what really got the dialogue going was me showing her photos and her seeing what I looked like fully dressed. It was interesting, she paused and said things like “wow you look good” and “I had no idea”. Even better was “this doesn’t bother me at all” and “if you want to do this that is fine”.
Somehow seeing he effort I put into it, and seeing that my presentation was very respectful of women, enabled her to see that it was not some fetish, but that I just wanted to look and feel like a beautiful woman. So as strange as it might sound to some of you, showing her the pictures of myself fully feminine seemed to shift her thinking.
So I am a pretty happy girl these days. I am dressing again and it seems my partner accepts it. Wow what a great thing that is. Love to all of you
- This topic was modified 2 months ago by Gabriela. Reason: Removed photo
Total of 55 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.Dani Grand, Emilene Tyghte, Jessica Skye, Melissa Sue, Sara Thomassm, Rachel Smith, Lauren Mugnaia, Tara D Sometimes, Petita Ravens, Helene van der Tee, Shelly Diane Lynn, Marlene Roberts, Kathy Jackson, Kim Dahlenbergen, Leah, Michelle Isgurly, Maive O'Neal, Katherine Leigh, Cassie Jayson, Kris Burton
- December 19, 2022 at 9:36 am #702516Jessica SkyeDuchessRegistered On: October 27, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 170Has thanked: 347 timesBeen thanked: 756 times
- December 18, 2022 at 7:17 pm #702415Audrey WLadyRegistered On: December 15, 2022Topics: 3Replies: 9Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 86 times
Great Kendra. I very happy for you. My wife is my biggest supporter and actually the one who nudged me into dressing to begin with. There is nothing better than affirmation, support and love from one’s SO. My wife is the love of my life.
- December 18, 2022 at 6:48 pm #702405Tara D SometimesLadyRegistered On: October 4, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 106Has thanked: 115 timesBeen thanked: 312 times
I could not agree more. One thing I also do from time to time is thank my wife for her understanding and support. I acknowledge to her that I know many other women would likely not understand or be supportive and I sincerely appreciate and thank her for being the awesome partner and support system that she is.
- December 2, 2022 at 10:23 am #698437Kim DahlenbergenLadyRegistered On: November 18, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 285Has thanked: 261 timesBeen thanked: 1058 times
- December 2, 2022 at 8:38 am #698416Holly MorrisLadyRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 106Replies: 284Has thanked: 3397 timesBeen thanked: 3335 times
- December 2, 2022 at 8:28 am #698412J JLadyRegistered On: September 13, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 492Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 1874 times
Yes, it is wonderful, and I highly recommend it, if you can get it. My wife is fine with my dressing. I have been open and honest about it and while she would be just as happy if I never dressed again she knows I enjoy it, and is happy to let me do “my thing”. She knows I just like to wear femme things, but also knows I like sex when dressed and is fine with either. Some days I just lounge around the house, but on others it leads directly to the bedroom.
- November 27, 2022 at 2:49 pm #697363Rachel TyrellLadyRegistered On: October 14, 2022Topics: 8Replies: 83Has thanked: 271 timesBeen thanked: 552 times
So pleased for you. I think we all want acceptance the most. Receiving that not only graciously, but with complements is SO NICE! Congrat’s and I hope the future holds many happy moments for both of you!
- November 27, 2022 at 1:54 pm #697347
- November 27, 2022 at 11:27 am #697287Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 35Replies: 6632Has thanked: 14371 timesBeen thanked: 14113 times
Kendra wonderful to hear about your wife’s acceptance. I’ve had that talk also and my wife too and overall she’s quite understanding and accepting but cautiously mind you. There’s moments that she does send me mixed messages but never in a terrible way. Always keeping taps on my present thoughts of where I’m coming from and where my dressing levels are. She’s basically touching base on making sure we’re on the same page on this. Her fears which is still concerning is not transitioning to places where our marriage will be in harm’s way. So with that said I’m happy having Stephanie in our relationship and my wife’s understanding that her husband is very much around for her too. I will admit it’s a difficult situation but my marriage is the most important thing in my life which everything else must follow…🌷
- This reply was modified 2 months ago by Stephanie Flowers.
- November 27, 2022 at 9:31 am #697261Katie PlowrightLadyRegistered On: October 15, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 223Has thanked: 1206 timesBeen thanked: 1148 times
I agree as my wife is also accepting. She even spent two hours today trying to find me a new bra online. My only advice is keep talking and remember there are two people in a marriage. Katie.
- November 27, 2022 at 8:54 am #697252Dawn JudsonAmbassadorRegistered On: November 26, 2017Topics: 18Replies: 230Has thanked: 597 timesBeen thanked: 1116 times
My wife confuses me.
She has helped me with choosing a wig, but is upset with me for growing my hair long.
She has gone dress shopping with me & given her opinion when I try some on & step out of the dressing room. Yet she doesn’t like to look at pictures of me, dressed.
Last week, she bought me a pair of heels. Yesterday, she bought me a Christmas dress & a bra. Yet, like Monica’s wife, mine also asks when I’m going to stop & get rid of everything. How do you eliminate a part of yourself?
She has trans friends, but doesn’t want me to transition or even dress. She’s very accepting & open-minded except when it comes to me.
She is a firm believer in “doing what makes you happy”, but draws the line at crossdressing.
She is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.
- November 27, 2022 at 11:57 am #697293Rhonda LeeBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 191Has thanked: 218 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
Dawn, Women are confusing to me generally; that’s why I know I could never truly be one… yours more than most… she buys you heels, dress and bra, then wants to know when you will get rid of femme things??? Most of us would die for a woman who buys bras for them! Fill my drawers with lingerie, my closets with fancy dresses and heels, then tell me I can’t wear them?? That’s like taking me to a bakery and telling me I can only eat vegetables… ain’t gonna happen! She sounds certifiable, in a very nice sort of way! Enjoy your dresses, heels and bras… who can turn down or get rid of goodies like that?? no one I know! If I were not a CD already, I’d become one.
- November 27, 2022 at 10:04 am #697269Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 31Replies: 1794Has thanked: 12843 timesBeen thanked: 8997 times
Could be your wife thinks this is just a phase you’re going through and will revert back to your male self some day… idk. We know our desires won’t ever go away. You say she has trans friends but she probably doesn’t want to lose her husband to transitioning. Good luck, be patient and I wouldn’t push anything on her but let her go at her own pace and time.
- November 27, 2022 at 8:16 am #697244Allysa GrantLadyRegistered On: November 1, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 250Has thanked: 1851 timesBeen thanked: 987 times
I am so happy for you Kendra. Wish I had a S/O to share with but that all fell through yesterday. We had an argument and as they say I ( kicked her to the curb) . The argument was not about my dressing it was her comparing me to past boyfriends. Can’t stand people who think they’re past was better than the present. We cannot live in the past when we have the future ahead of us . Live for today and let the past go.
You presented how you felt and took her feelings into account. Great job. Hugs, Allysa
- November 27, 2022 at 7:50 am #697242Teri RayLadyRegistered On: September 24, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 32Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 147 times
Hiya Kendra, I always get excited and happy when a couple find ways to work through this unique desire. Its never easy and when it works it is wonderful. I am one of lucky people who through trial and lots of error finally had the big talk with my wife and finally found a path to acceptance. We agree on boundaries and we continue to talk and keep open honest conversation in play. Always keep your wife’s thoughts and feelings in mind as your first priority.
- November 27, 2022 at 9:14 am #697257
- November 27, 2022 at 6:58 am #697225Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 31Replies: 1794Has thanked: 12843 timesBeen thanked: 8997 times
Happy for you Kendra that the SO is accepting. You are very fortunate and it looks like your journey will become even more exciting and thrilling. I believe the majority here do not have accepting SO’s. One of the best things about coming out to the wife whether she is accepting or not is you don’t have to hide anymore. Luckily you are married to a wonderful person who loves you.
- November 27, 2022 at 3:14 am #697188Monica DelsantoLadyRegistered On: November 4, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 54Has thanked: 371 timesBeen thanked: 277 times
I’m so happy for you that it went so well! I gradually let my wife know about my dressing over time and she was sort of OK with it in that she did not freak out. That changed the moment I showed her two pictures (my profile picture and the picture of me sitting on the vanity of a hotel bathroom that’s in my public photo section). That was a HUGE mistake – she cried and wouldn’t talk to me for the rest of the day. This was probably almost 10 years ago. We don’t talk about my desire to dress even when I bring it up at marriage counselling. The few times she does bring it up at home is to ask me when I’m going to stop and when I’m going to get rid of everything.
- November 27, 2022 at 6:59 am #697226Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 191Has thanked: 218 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
My observation has been that a good rule of thumb is to share only what you are asked to share. Most of us have a burning desire to share more than what the recipient wants to see and know, because we crave their acceptance. But this often backfires. So I let loved ones know they are free to ask me anything they choose or see anything they wish. I’d of course be delighted to get a response like Kendra’s, but few are met with such open arms. All most of us can do is demonstrate that we are more than willing to share who we are and what we desire, but what we desire most is to give to our loved ones what THEY want, not what WE want. If both needs are met, as they sometimes are, after making our desires known, we can live blissful lives. But where our loved ones cannot handle what we most want to give, love often means keeping to ourselves what they want us to keep to ourselves. At least they know our closets are open and we are ready and willing to step into the light, without holding deep secrets in the dark. That is a big improvement over holding secrets we refuse to share… not ideal for most of us… but sufficient to breathe.
- November 27, 2022 at 2:30 am #697183Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1406Has thanked: 5124 timesBeen thanked: 6445 times
That’s lovely to gain the support of your wife Kendra. Every coming out to a partner is different but you obviously gave a good dialogue, reassuring her and she was impressed by the photo. I hope it goes from strength to strength.
- November 27, 2022 at 1:25 am #697178Suzanne MartinHostessRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 420Has thanked: 1827 timesBeen thanked: 1798 times
Very happy for you. It is nice when your SO is accepting of this part of you. My wife is accepting to a point, she has helped me buy clothes online, given me some of her things she doesn’t wear anymore, bought and showed me how to use make up and helped me buy my wig. She gives me time to dress, however, I wish I could dress when she is around.
Enjoy your time with your wife. I hope you get osme girlfriend time with her.
- November 26, 2022 at 8:55 pm #697166AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- November 26, 2022 at 8:39 pm #697163Jane DonLadyRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 131Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 463 times
Fantastic-Your a lucky “”MAN””??–Just remember–Humans generally like to help & show off their individual skills–So asking her for Help & or advice to keep her engaged & not feel left out is Important —
- November 26, 2022 at 8:38 pm #697162Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 191Has thanked: 218 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
- November 26, 2022 at 8:26 pm #697157Giselle ReevesLadyRegistered On: July 10, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 35Has thanked: 206 timesBeen thanked: 192 times
- November 26, 2022 at 8:17 pm #697155Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 1267Has thanked: 28059 timesBeen thanked: 4675 times
Congratulations! How wonderful that is! Please keep us updated. I’m hoping that I can be as fortunate. You sure do make yourself look beautiful. I can see why she respects your efforts!
- November 26, 2022 at 8:10 pm #697150Jess SecretLadyRegistered On: February 18, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 598Has thanked: 1467 timesBeen thanked: 2598 times
So happy for you Kendra!! I’m very lucky to have a really accepting & supportive SO myself (boyfriend). It’s definitely a blessing to have an emotionally supportive SO! Makes a huge difference!
- November 26, 2022 at 6:39 pm #697136Sherri RemingtonDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 8, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 146Has thanked: 132 timesBeen thanked: 585 times
Wow Kendra I’m so excited for you, what a wonderful corner to turn. Many of use are hoping for the same to happen to us. Please keep us up to date and enjoy all the precious moments ahead.
- November 26, 2022 at 6:05 pm #697123Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 4406Has thanked: 63394 timesBeen thanked: 15770 times
Hi Kendra and congrats on the progress and the courage to go farther into your girly life with your wife .. I so hope things go well as you keep up the conversations and ask her for a little help once in a while as she has the expertiese of being a woman great going girl and keep us in the loop of how progress goes ..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.