Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author

So I just talked with an intake person at my GCS Surgeon’s office. 2 years of experience is what this one has, however, he studied in Belgium at Gent University. Dr. Nicholas Kim at the U of MN. Anybody ever heard of him? Apparently Gent is a great place for bottom surgery experience. My insurance covers this guy and another guy at the Mayo. Since people do it here, my insurance won’t allow me to appeal and go to another state or country for a much more experienced surgeon. I met another trans woman locally who went to Brassard in Montreal. She was the 1% statistic of complications with him. Permanent nerve damage, she has to sit on a cushion the rest of her life. At 43 years old and the able-bodied person in my marriage I’m having difficulties deciding if I should risk that and have my GCS. This all seems incredibly rigged against my success. This is the decision on my mind lately. Of course while I think about this I also have to talk to therapists to get my letters so that I even have the right to think about this decision. It’s a lot of pressure. Is anybody else at this stage in their transition or have been there? **Disclaimer: I know nobody can make this decision for me.

Tami
      Lady

Hi Dasia,

I had GCS last September at the KU Medical Center in Kansas City.  With every surgery there will always be risk, there is always that 1 person out of 100 that has complications.  That being said, even though I had a revision done in February to correct an oversized clitoris, this was a no brainer decision for me, and something I am completely happy with having done.  The lead up stages dealing with the letters, then surgical approval, then the consults, quitting smoking, all were very stressful, but in the end totally worth it.   Most of the women I know that have had or are in the process of getting things lined out for surgery have the same sense of stress and impatience with the process lol.  In the end it is worth it and the only advise is to be patient and take care of yourself along the way.  Self care is essential to managing the process.

Hi Tami,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with me! I feel pretty stressed right now alright. I’m glad it’s normal at this stage. Makes sense it’s a lot to do, change our ways (like stop smoking and weight loss) set up schedules, finances, care. Self care is something I’ve been pretty competent at. I found someone, a trans man, who’s a personal trainer who’s starting a Trans specific workout group. Starts up in a month and I’m excited to find community around that goal. We just met today. I’m so glad your GCS worked well for you! I look forward to THAT feeling!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Transitioning for Transsexual Women’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?