Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So this morning my wife woke up with a new mission for her cd/trans hubby to take on after the youngest is out of the house in a couple years. I guess now she’s decided that in addition to supporting our local churches outreach to the LGBTQ community, we need to organize an event for cd/trans here locally. I was blown off my feet, as up to this point she’s been opposed to my coming out any further, or getting any deeper into the community. And I’m only out to a grand total of the people right now. I said ok, but I’ve got a heel of a lot to learn in two years about the community, event planning, etc. Just now, I dint even know where to start, but I feel like I need to respond to her movement. I feel deeply supported by my wife, who not only allows and encourages my dressing, but participates and considers Bridgette a friend. Now she seems to want to extend that support to others like us. I don’t know of a group in this area, or how to even find more of us. Something to start working towards though, looks like…

Bridgette

Good for you, and your wife, Bridgette, be sure to give her a hug for us!
      I dont know anything about the task you are setting for yourselves, but Im sure you will get advice, here.
      Hugs, Regine👸💕

Anonymous

Wow Bridgette,

What a wonderful challenge you’ve taken on! I wish you well in your endeavours

Marti xxx

Anonymous
      Lady

You are so lucky to have a spouse like that and we are all jealous. Its great that she wants you to expand your world and supports it. At least you’ve got two years to organize and learn about what needs to be done. You’re a pioneer in your area. Go for it girl!

Krista
      Duchess

Good Morning Bridgette,

I’m very, very happy for you (and a tiny bit envious that you have such a loving and supportive spouse – I would be blown away if my wife suddenly did something like that!!!!).

While you may not have any similar events or groups in your region, you don’t have to reinvent the “wheel”.  I’m sure you will be able to find something in other regions that you can use as a model.  I wish I could help, but I can’t think of anything right now off the top of my head.  You might want to start with some PRIDE groups or some of the CD conferences that are out there. I’m sure you’ll get some great suggestions from other CDH members.

Good Luck, you’ll be doing a wonderful thing for your community.  All the Very Best, Hugs, Krista.

Hi Bridgette Having a supportive partner in life makes life so much easier as a CD. Putting together a group event can be so much fun but takes a little effort. I would start right here at CDH Why not? Just put out there Looking for CD/trans couples and singles to connect with for a get to get together in your area. Once you make contacts. They will have contacts and so it begins. There are a estimated 3 and half million of us who Identify as  transgender and its anyone guess the number of people that enjoy cross dressing. It is nice that your SO wants to get involved with our community. My wife does not understand us but she thinks we are “cute and a little funny”. Her words not mine I am sure it will be a fun adventure for the both of you.

Luv Stephanie

It is very difficult to get things organized largely because of the secrecy involved. Most cross-dressers are ‘stealth’. I have been involved in four attempts locally the past 14-years. One was self-destructed by inner politics, another by a loss of venue and another by the difficulties in contacting people. The fourth attempt was derailed by covid and I hope to revive the attempt this fall.

Basically I begin a contact list and when I find a way to get in touch with someone local I ask if they want to be on the list. Next I have to find a place to meet.

A key element is to organize. First, define clearly what sort of group you want. You cannot rely on one person to do everything. You need to define tasks and get people willing to share in those tasks. For example, a social convenor keeps track of how to make announcements and keeps a membership list relatively confidential.

You will have one, major advantage. You be will in a position to offer your home as an initial meeting place for, say, 5-10 persons to form an organizing committee. Some people will not be able to come ‘dressed’ so you may need to think about providing a place to change.

Look around for a place for regular meetings. One issue is bathrooms.

Araminta.

Anonymous

Good luck Bridgette….I’m hoping Sammy can help you in your quest….loving your good lady’s attitude….you are a lucky girl, but I guess you know that already!!!!

Huggs, grace 💓💓

That’s right, Grace, I’m the luckiest girl in the world to have her. I bet my Mom never thought I’d say that, lol!

Bridgette

Anonymous

Since it is your wife’s idea, I think it would be ok to ask for her help in following through on her idea. It will be far more fun and probably more successful if its a team effort!

Oh I completely agree, and it’ll be a team job the whole way through.

Bridgette

Anonymous

Wishing you well through the challanges Bridgette

Hugs

Donna

Replied, thanks

Bridgette

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?