• Creator
    Topic
    Ginger Snap
    Participant
    Registered On: March 9, 2022
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 161

Girls
    Now that hot weather and tornadoes have cleared the south, here’s a topic. How do you handle sweating. As a guy I use my sleeve, enfemme not possible. Have tissues in purse, but can only tap face as not to mess makeup. Especially hard in changing rooms while trying on multiple outfits. Sometimes they’re not very cool. Does this happen to others. Looking forward to outings in cooler weather
    Luvs Hugs Ginger

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Rochelle Mills
      Baroness
      Registered On: March 16, 2019
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 130

My “hottest” en femme experience was being out wearing a wig in sunny >80s F weather at a cruise-line’s beach resort. After a while I felt a bit light-headed from the heat and stayed in a shady spot in a cool pool for most of the visit (thankfully I cooled off and did not have to remove my wig for safety reasons). Through that experience, I choose not to venture out en femme if it is in the upper 70s or hotter–especially if I won’t have access to air conditioning (or a pool) for more than an hour or so. If I was blessed with a full head of natural hair, I don’t think the heat would dissuade my inner woman much from enjoying herself throughout the seasons…she would still seek out AC or a cool pool, lol. I would “glow” and drip with the other ladies…

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Wendy Swift
      Lady
      Registered On: May 11, 2020
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 922

I try to monitor the weather and temps.  In the winter time it is not a concern as it is nice and cool, so wearing my silicone hip/butt pads, shapewear, tights, and wig helps keep me toasty warm in the winter months.

This week we are headed into a deep freeze, with temps plunging to -30 or lower so it is a perfect time to transform into Wendy.

During the summer months, I have a cut off temp which is 23.  Even then it is pushing it.  Like you I do sweat quite abit when it is warm out, so I use a towel to gently blot the sweat beads so it doesn’t smudge the makeup.  Other than that, I try not to move around too much during the warmer months if I’m transformed into Wendy.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness
      Registered On: August 27, 2017
      Topics: 129
      Replies: 1198

Gotta trot out the famous old CD trusim

“Crossdressing is a winter sport”.. Especially as so many of you have stated, wearing wigs in hot weather is asking for trouble, especially if you are also wearing make up.

Down here in an  “OZ”summer ,on wramish days  I wear panties and a light cami under my drab. On really hot days, the cami gets left off

Caty.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      ChloeC
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 5, 2019
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 674

Interesting question, Ginger.  I have never been a fan of too warm weather.  Just glancing at the sun on a clear summer day and I can break out in ‘heavy dew’…ok, I sweat.  Even without moving or lifting a finger.

So, I tend to wear as light clothing as I can in the summer, and welcome days that top off in the 70’sF. Anything above that and I tend to stay in air-conditioned comfort.  And yes, I like full wigs, with longish hair, so on warm days, I never even consider venturing outside.

Last time I was seriously outside dressed, as it were, was last summer when I was alone for a day or two.  The one night, it was about 70F or so, medium humidity, light breeze, clear skies, no moon. I slipped out after dark (we live on an acre, but there are houses behind us) with no interior lights behind me, laid back on the chaise lounge on the patio just off the family room and actually fell asleep for about an hour or so. No sweat and I loved it.  Hugs, ChloëC

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: August 8, 2018
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 143

Ginger, I live in Montana and thanks to global warming we now have summers with some extreme heat, not much different than some of the desert areas but not what we’re use to here. So what do I do, wait for cooler weather. We only have about a 2 month period that is brutal to deal with and I have no good answer for what you’re asking I’m just glad I don’t live in the desert! I worked on a hotel remodel in Palm Springs, I will not be doing that again.
      Sherri

Marlene Roberts
      Lady
      Registered On: December 9, 2019
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 284

What is the saying?: Horses sweat , men perspire, but ladies merely glow; could have that wrong. Anyhow, the major problem I have is with wigs as I find them far too warm. Wonder is it just me?; they are shoulder length not bobbed (how do GGs tolerate long hair); or are wigs more prone to not letting natural evaporation? Best, Marlene.

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Ginger Snap
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: March 9, 2022
        Topics: 20
        Replies: 161

Marlene

Good thought girl

DeeAnn Hopings
        Duchess
        Registered On: November 10, 2019
        Topics: 11
        Replies: 966

When I retired almost 7 years ago, we moved from New York State to the Coachella Valley, which is near the ‘way southern end of California. Since then I rarely wear wigs, and a short cut at that. These days I wear hats and baseball caps. True that wigs tend not to breathe very well. They tend to hold the heat in. Hats also, to an extent, but not as bad as wigs…

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Emily Alt
      Hostess
      Registered On: August 24, 2019
      Topics: 24
      Replies: 1267

Agree this is a problem in warmer months.  There is makeup that claims to be sweat resistant and I think there’s some truth to that.  The makeup pros at Tiny Bubbles Salon in Palm Springs have assured me the makeup they use will stay put until I take it off.  So far they’ve been right.  Unfortunately I never paid attention to what they use.  I do know of an antiperspirant/skin prep that’s used in film and TV production called Michael Davy Sweat Stop.  It’s very effective.

/EA

5 users thanked author for this post.
      DeeAnn Hopings
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 966

I live in the desert. The humidity is low, but summertime temperatures can be up to 122F.

From my experience, tissues don’t really work. If they pick up too much moisture, they will disintegrate and pieces will stick to your face. I carry a folded paper towel or 2; much more absorbent and they don’t disintegrate.

Agreed about changing rooms!

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.