Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author
      Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

In November last year Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson named Lina Axelsson Kihlblom as her cabinet’s Schools Minister. Lina described growing up as a girl in a boy’s body and her physical transition to a woman’s body, which was completed when she was 25.
      This was the start of a movement to have more trans people in the government and it’s now a a bill in the works to add a quota for trans people just like it already is that 50% must be women.

I think it’s good news but I do hope they consider knowledge for a post more than the gender/trans label.

/kt

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I was in Sweden some 20 years ago and I had a conversation with a lady I met who worked in a senior role for the local government. I worked in a public body here and she asked how equality was working. It was a general conversation and Sweden was ahead of the curve in some ways as they were eradicating discrimination and encouraging a more diverse workforce. There was talk of loose quotas but it was felt a better thought process of inclusion and understanding of needs to enable a more diverse workplace which seemed a common sense approach.

I have always felt that quotas are too specific and can, in some instances, lead to reverse discrimination by compelling employers to take on lesser qualified staff to comply with the rules. In general it is workable but there will be regional variations and some jobs where there aren’t enough of the percentages applying for the roles as they aren’t there or will not be applying for them anyway. How can an employer counter that without breaching a set requirement? Yes, if it is proven an employer is blatantly discriminating then they should be taken to task.

Things have moved forward and I have applied for jobs as a trans person. All the jobs have been within my capabilities and experience and I expect no favour to be a ‘token’ employee nor expect a position that I am not competent in by using my protected status as a foil to cite discrimination should I be unsuccessful. I say this as I have seen this first hand on a couple of occasions where persons, who everyone knew were not up to the job, used their protected status unfairly against the employer to cite discrimination as the reason for their failure to secure the role. 

I have had a very good success rate after applications gaining interviews that were conducted very professionally and as I would expect. I had offers,two jobs I declined, two I didn’t get because I knew I flunked a couple of key questions and  have been successful in two. My employers have been great and I was treated like any other employee and the jobs I have worked in had no issues about my gender and more about my capabilities and performance.

That is how it should be.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?