• Creator
    Topic
    LisaT
    Participant
    Registered On: January 31, 2021
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 472

For those of you not seeing the British press there is an interesting little article that seems to be on many new streams. Apparently the Swiss army source of the ubiquitous multi tool penknife is to start issueing its female recruits with women’s knickers. Until now the ladies have apparently been issued with men’s underwear and even then it’s often in quite large sizes.

Several thoughts occur to me one of which is that it would seem that the Swiss have an absence of crossdressers or even women in their senior ranks or one might suppose this issue would have been addressed earlier. It is the case that only 0.8% of the Swiss army is female and this is part of an effort to recruit more women to their ranks.

The other thought that occurs is that given how good the Swiss generally are at design and quality I wounded whether Swiss army knickers could like the knives come available on the open market in which case I would probably want to give a pair a try.

Hugs

Lisa xxx

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Paula F
      Duchess
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 1029

Without actually seeing what type of undies the government of any nation would issue to their female soldiers, you would get probably as many descriptions as you would have countries.  A really nice Army sergeant that I knew several years ago told me once that the US Government issues only 3 sizes of clothing, outer and under wear-wise:1 Big, 2 BIGGER, and 3 WTF?

Being Swiss, do these all come in Olive Green, Sand Beige, Mountain Gray or Snow White?  How many pockets will they have to carry all of a woman’s needs?  Cotton, Nylon or Wool?  Summer weight or winter insulated?

Just too many things to consider really.  Of course, being the Swiss, the guys get to wear the bright yellow and blue, just like a peacock, while the women are drabbed out so they can hide in the bushes.

PaulaF

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Inga Krasivaya
      Lady
      Registered On: January 18, 2021
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 391

An update to my original post; apparently, they are issuing the Swiss Misses two versions of the army underwear – winter and summer.  I really don’t want to think what the winter version is likely to look like.  Second bit is the classic quote from “The Third Man”:  Harry Lime (played by Orson Welles) tells Holly Martins “in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock!”  A great quote… except that cuckoo clocks are made in Germany, not Switzerland!  (And Panama hats come from Ecuador, not Panama…)  Atop rambling, Inga…      XOXOXO

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Polly Stewart
      Lady
      Registered On: January 2, 2021
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 878

Luscious Lisa!

If I may throw my 2cents in…

I lived in Switzerland for two years and through a very good friend learnt lots about their military. My friend was, at the time, a major and had access to all sorts of stuff… no secret squirrel stuff here but generally known info.
      Beth has given us a synopsis of their military so I thought I would fill in some other stuff…
      Even when I was living there every new built house had to have a nuclear proof bunker built into the basement. Their boast was to have the entire population underground within 15 minutes! I don’t believe this idea/law is still in use… all reservists keep their weapons in the bunker as well. Oh, by the way… not just their personal weapon and ammunition but their rocket launchers, grenades, GPMGs, radios et al. Any infringement of the country’s strict gun laws carries a minimum 20 year prison term, non-negotiable!
      Another fact that should dissuade potential invaders is the fact that all military units are based on the village, town, suburb etc. Everyone has something to fight for! Their friends, their families, their properties before their country…
      As befits the inventors of the famous Swiss Army Knife all of the country is useable for different tasks. I have an actual Army issue knife that has specific tools for care of personal weapons… it comes in green!
      As for the topic… my recollection of military underwear is less than favourable! Horrible cotton undies that fell apart if wet! The long underwear was really horrible as well… we all had bought non issue!
      I can’t think that the Swiss would come up with something that wasn’t utilitarian through and through!
      Ohh… another little fact (and I have seen it with my own eyes) all their mountains have caverns the size of warehouses plus that are stuffed with military hardware, food, hospital supplies…

Yoodallayhedoo… oddledaadoo… yayaadeeedeloo!

5 users thanked author for this post.
        Vecca Senn
        Lady
        Registered On: February 22, 2021
        Topics: 5
        Replies: 121

You are speaking my language! I love most of what the Swiss do with their military and how they use them for enforcing neutrality. I didn’t think Army Lingerie would be a thing, but they may be improving on that front as well!

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Beth Green
        Lady
        Registered On: February 24, 2021
        Topics: 12
        Replies: 179

The Swiss may be the sweet little chocolate makers of Europe, fastidious clock makers, cheese experts and incredible engineers (their railroads are incredible) but don’t mess with them! They are very proud of their little country.

Beth

Gillian Brown
      Lady
      Registered On: May 22, 2019
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 306

Didn’t a Swiss Army Knife have an tool for getting Boy Scouts out of Girl Guides?

Polly Stewart
        Lady
        Registered On: January 2, 2021
        Topics: 10
        Replies: 878

Gorgeous Gillian….

It was called the corkscrew! Always tempting to open a bottle or two to prise anyone away from the task at hand, so to speak.

Prising Polly away…🥂🤪

LisaT
        Lady

I think you are right. I know many scouts had Swiss Army knives and that’s probably why.

Laura Lovett
      Lady
      Registered On: March 26, 2020
      Replies: 1091

Grace

I had heard that your mind was fairly deviant, sorry that should be devious but 100 uses for panties. I can think of four but I. Stretching even then.

Hugs

Lisa xxx

“Stretching…” – I see what you did there…

Bad Laura…

Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 2001

Men’s underwear? Ugh! When my wife was in the Air Force, they gave the ladies a cash voucher and sent them to the BX to select their own.

Bettylou

Grace Scarlett
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: February 16, 2021
        Topics: 52
        Replies: 1100

Quite right too Bettylou…

I didn’t even realise the Swiss had an army….I wonder why!!

Dawn Wyvern
          Managing Ambassador
          Registered On: February 23, 2019
          Topics: 6
          Replies: 291

The Swiss  guard the Vatican .. the uniform is very usual – gold and blue bloomers with red feathers on their hats …

Dawn

Beth Green
          Lady

They have a small but fine army for defending their neutrality. Throughout history they were overrun by every power on the continent until the people got sick of it and formed the modern union. They then chased out the invaders, sometimes with pitch forks. They formed a small but effective army and they have never been invaded again. Try invading a mountainous nation where every cave and crevice has a sharpshooter rifleman.

Every male over 18 is required to serve, I believe it is 18 months, and they are beginning to bring in more women. They remain in the reserve for life but one of the benefits is they get to keep their issued rifle.

A side branch of the army, I don’t believe they are officially connected but it counts as service, is the Swiss Gaurd. The official security for the Pope and the Vatican. The very limited positions are often heredity and of course must be Catholic.

A bit off the CDH topics but a little fun.

Beth

6 users thanked author for this post.
            Inga Krasivaya
            Lady

A couple of side notes on the side note……  Firstly, please see the excellent “Storming The Eagles Nest – Hitler’s war in the Alps” by Jim Ring (Faber & Faber, 2013) which deals with the excellent preparations by the equally excellent Swiss Army.  As you mention, other countries have not always respected Swiss neutrality; while the Helvetic cantons were not theoretically neutral in 1799, Suvorov’s superb campaign of that year (which Marshal Ney – “The Bravest Of The Brave” – said he would exchange all of  his victories for) effectively ensured the French would not gain Switzerland by default.  The Swiss have a proud – and deserved – reputation for defending themselves.  The second thing… Switzerland is a landlocked country; 5 points for anyone who can identify why they have a navy…  (Yes, they do!)  Sorry to ramble to such little effect – it’s a long and boring evening, so I thought I’d be long and boring to you all.  My apologies:  Inga.

Beth Green
            Lady

They have several large mountain lakes, a few that are on German or French borders. I imagine they patrol those border waters, hence a navy, of sorts. They probably spend more time assisting or rescuing civilians that get in trouble. Those mountain waters are cold so don’t fall in.

Beth

2 users thanked author for this post.
            Inga Krasivaya
            Lady

Five points to Beth… and at the moment I’d be happy to fall into a Swiss lake – at least I would be out of the UK and enjoying a look at the outside world!  Definitely-Not-Travelsick Inga…

Grace Scarlett
            Baroness - Annual

Thanks Beth…

I thought it was just William Tell….

stephanie plumb
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 146
      Replies: 1955

If like their cuckoo clocks they will be well engineered. Now to me the words engineered and panties  don’t sit well together.  I suspect they will be super efficient – again not a panties word.  Designed for combat – will they have built in Tena-like capabilities, or a drain tube for calls of nature, or a back-flap?   I have the horrible feeling they will be very utilitarian and not colourful or pretty.  Not a bow in sight, nor lace trim. Shades of khaki, brown, or camouflage.

The winter ones sound like Long-Johns or Norah Batty’s wrinkled hosiery, so I assume the summer ones will be a cut down version.  Man shorts for girls! I wonder if they have ventilation holes in, like Swiss Cheese.  I wouldn’t be fondue of them if that were the case.

So, I think I will give them a miss. I will stay with Vanever and M&S. After all M&S panties are not just panties, they are M&S panties.

Laura Lovett
        Lady

Knickers engineered like cuckoo clocks?

Now there’s a very intriguing idea…

Dang….

Love Laura

Grace Scarlett
          Baroness - Annual

Would love to see these knickers when the clock strikes twelve!!!

Laura Lovett
            Lady

My paternal grandparents had a magnificent cuckoo clock which fascinated me no end – when I got my first watch, I’d rush to watch the birdie.

Before each “cuckoo”, it always made a “dang” sound.

I pictured that then got a very disturbing follow up image.

Not sure I’d want to see 12 o’clock…

Love Laura

Vecca Senn
      Lady
      Registered On: February 22, 2021
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 121

Makes me wonder if they will include a toothpick! Bad Vecca, bad Vecca!

Clara Cross
      Lady
      Registered On: December 7, 2020
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 226

I’m wondering about the “men’s underwear…in quite large sizes”. What’s up with the Swiss?

Signed up for the underwear, stayed for the yodeling,
      Clara

LisaT
        Lady

Delusions of grandeur.  What macho man would order small sizes.

Michelle Skylar
      Lady
      Registered On: March 18, 2021
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 8

From the article:

“Army spokesman Kaj-Gunnar Sievert said that clothing and other items issued by the military were becoming outdated.

He told Swiss news website Watson that the new “functional underwear” for female recruits would consist of “short underwear” for the summer and “long underwear” for the winter.”

Their goal is to increase women in their military to 10% by 2030. Good luck!

Grace Scarlett
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Lisa….this did make me chuckle…thank you..

The thought that issuing female soldiers with female underwear will invite mass recruiting…very funny…

Two thoughts crossed my mind…will the panties be nice female colours…or camouflage, after all, you would hate to be taken out by a sniper while having a pee….cerise can be seen from miles away!!!

Secondly, will swiss army panties be the same as the knives….a hundred different uses!!!!

Where do I sign up, grace xxx

LisaT
        Lady

Grace

I had heard that your mind was fairly deviant, sorry that should be devious but 100 uses for panties. I can think of four but I. Stretching even then.

Hugs

Lisa xxx

Grace Scarlett
          Baroness - Annual

Who said that???….maybe Devoid.. haha…

Maybe a new post on ” 100 uses for panties”….we seem to have had everything else to do with them !!

Laura Lovett
      Lady

Ugggh! Poor women!

Can you imagine being forced to wear men’s pants?

The very thought!

Now I wonder if the Swiss Army Knickers come with a corkscrew, screwdrivers and a handy pair of tweezers?

I’d hope there might be a lipstick in there for emergencies too… maybe a manicure set?

Love Laura

LisaT
        Lady

Well the Swiss Army knives already come with a version with corkscrew, tweezers and a file. Ideally I would want to see a full manicure set included.

Laura Lovett
      Lady

“The opinions in the article are solely those of the authors”….

Looks like the author loves his sci-fi – I recognised a lot of stuff straight out of Pratchett in there.

Dinosaurs walking down the high street?

There’s a potential future to consider indeed…

😀

Interesting read – thank you!

Love Laura

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account