Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi girls

As I probably mentioned like a gazillion times, I recently had my first professional makeup session, with a lovely lady, who normally does weddings and photo shoots for women.

I really wanted a proper ladies makeup artist for the full feminine experience – and I really got that, right to the tears of emotion when I saw what an amazing job she’s done on my male face.

I have recently binge watched Ru Paul’s Drag Race UK, and am devouring the episodes of Canada’s Drag Race – those ladies get some stunning looks, but use different makeup techniques to get those looks. Some are startling in their feminity.

So I got in touch with the lady again, and asked if we could try a few Drag Queen techniques to really femme up my face to a new level – an attempt to mimic the FaceApp enhancements.

She’s totally up for it, as a creative project, but I was wondering if any of you ladies use drag queen techniques in your makeup?

Such as gluing eyebrows, orange concealer on the 5 o’clock shadow, deep contouring, etc?

Any go to product you use that isn’t in the standard women’s arsenal?

Love Laura

I am envious that you had an opportunity to undergo a full make up session with a professional.

I too watch Rupaul’s drag race from time to time, and the makeup techniques the girls on the show have are amazing.

About the only technique I use that they use is orange concealer for my beard and other dark spots.  I am not talented enough to do deep contouring, + while I enjoy doing make up on my own, I also don’t want to engage in so much make up that it eats into my Wendy time either.  It is a balance for sure.

Hi Laura nice to meet you and congrats for getting a professional make up artist to have your makup done im so envious as i am a home body and will never get the chance to leave here as Stephanie and i am happy as my very supportive wife helps with clothes and once in a while with makeup . She does not wear much herself so im pretty much on my own there as she claims im much better at it than she is  so enjoy your fun times and please take pictures from new drag adventures and let us see you all draged up

Hugs girlfriend

Stephanie Bass

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

Some years ago I had an encounter with a drag queen when doing drag queen makeup was something new. Yes, that drag queen did fix me up as a drag queen, but that another story. The makeup drag queens do is very different from the makeup a normal woman, or crossdresser, would do. From a distant it looks great, but up close (face to face) you can see all the contouring they do. It’s not the kind of makeup I would want to wear, as a crossdresser, out in public.

[postquote quote=381506]
      This is very true – I am not looking to become a drag queen, lol!

However, using only female makeup, it’s really hard to transform the male face – unless you’re really lucky and look feminine to start with.

My feeling is that something else is needed to showcase the femme to its best advantage.

So I am going to explore this with a makeup artist on Saturday and will report back… although I don’t think she’s done drag makeup before.

This is an advantage to my mind – the end game is to attempt to emulate the Faceapp enhanced images.

How we get there is a journey of creativity and discovery.

But any shortcuts or tricks are a bonus!

I like trying new things – and anything that works will be incorporated into my normal makeup routines.

Love Laura

Unfortunately, I came down with a cold last Friday, so did not visit Poppy after all. She was happy to postpone the appointment – when COVID-19 blows past, I’m going to give her such a hug for being a sweetie!

So I had to do my own makeup.

This was fun – and lasted all day, apart from the lipstick, which I reapplied for the evening.

First, I applied a very well brushed, thin layer of primer, to iron out the wrinkles a bit.

Next, some orange concealer around the beard area. Yup, this looked wierd!.

I then applied the first Drag Queen technique, and smeared brown corrector around my hair line, under my chin, on the sides of my nose and under the cheekbones, in a kind of red Indian stripe.

Next, I applied white contour cream to the middle of my nose, under my lower eyelids, and brow line, cheekbones – these lights and shades to emphasise feminine aspects and decrease masculine ones.

Now I looked all stripy, and I brushed the stripes a bit, so that there was some blending, but not much.

Then it was time for foundation. Total time so far, around 10 minutes – all the individual bits were very quick, and no need to be exact.

I like foundation almost best of all, putting splodges on my face, then sensuously brushing with a nice, soft brush so that everything is one even mask.

The trick with the corrector, concealer and contouring worked nicely – of course, brushing the foundation added to the blended effect, my dark beard shadow (even after shaving!) and slightly reddened neck (because of shaving!) just vanished.

The nose contouring worked really well – my nose looked thinner, and slightly snub nosed in a cute way. I kinda lost the brow and cheeks a bit – maybe darker next time – same with the hairline and chin, although I could see the effect, and it feminised me nicely!

Some collageen lip plumper (ouch!), followed by eyeliner – dotted on, then brushed with a thin, hard brush to create subtle lines.

Now eyeshadow, while I wait for the plumper to do its thing, draw out my lip shape with a lip pencil, then lip stain, a few shades darker than my actual lips. Not right to the corners of my mouth – leaving a good cm either side, exaggerating the bottom lip and cupid’s bow – yum! I love doing lips!

A bit of colour to the cheeks with some blusher, careful mascara, apply gloss to the dried lip stain, some colour correct powder – and here’s Laura!

You’ll just have to imagine it – or try some of these tips yourself!

But I’m not giving away the smoky eyeshadow trick 😋

Love Laura

Laura, as I am just getting back into dressing, and I am getting up in the years, I feel that drag makeup will help me hide a lot of the imperfections that I have accumulated over the years. If I cant  get my Wife to do it then perhaps my cdh freinds from the Chicago area can steer me in the right direction to find someone.

debbie w

As said by Edie I too have had drag makeovers in the past and looked like a totally different lady. I did love it but really not something we wear on the streets except for the gay pride parade. Its a totally different experience and mind set

That’s one of my goals Stephanie,to have my wife do my makeup ,but getting a professional makeover is pretty high on my list too!

debbie w

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When I first began dressing fully femme and going out at 18, I tried to enhance my femininity. Yes I wore very nice shiny sheer to waist pantyhose with stilletto heels, very short dress, large, form breasts and flowing pretty hair. That was easy. Then I had to do makeup. I tended to overdue it. I could never get it right.

Looking back on it, I could see where I was looking like a drag queen. I always had to do a little more. Then I would think I did to much so I would stop. Never got the hang of it. So now I go with less is more.

I know of only one trick attributed to drag queens. Being highly dressed and under bright lights bring out sweat and oils. To counter this, some do a layer of Milk of Magnesia. Apply this before anything else. Let it dry and thoroughly clean it off. Then start your makeup routine.

I live in the desert and I do this sometimes in the Summer. Usually the only reason that I don’t do it is a lack of time. I tend to have a very oily face and it does seem to slow down the oily coming to the surface…

Hey Laura

i can only recommend Charles Fox cosmetics a staple of the drag community

xx

Andrea Jane

Thanks, Andrea

What I’m looking for more than products are the tricks that some Drag Queens use to look uber feminine – not the exaggerated looks and 3 foot wigs, but the real girly, can hardly believe it’s a man type look – especially on the face.

When I look at my face fully made up, I still see Garth from Wayne’s World a bit – so I really, really want to lose as much masculinity as possible, and regular women’s makeup techniques don’t quite cut it.

Hardly surprising, really.

I’ll keep experimenting with the contouring, and watch a few more Drag Queen Youtubes- but most of those end up looking like a Drag Queen rather than a woman.

There must be ways…

Love Laura

Hello,

I would suggest makeup brands like Krolan and Mehron for deep contouring.

Gluing eyebrows is tricky and time consuming and if you dont get it right the little brow hairs missed really stand out.

Colour correcting for five o’clock shadow really depends on the shadow and skin tone.

Light skin tone can go more pink corrector while darker skin tone needs and orange or red lipstick will do.

You may want to check out Dermablend products as well.

Caroline

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?