• This topic has 20 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi ladies,

With I guess the majority of us here on CDH do not have pierced ears, I’m sure I’m not the only one who has tried to mitigate the pain we can experience from having thm on too long.. (Especially when the little plastic “buttons” fall out of the clasp and you have to scratch around to find them.)

I’ve fixed this problem by using the “thickish” double sided tape available at almost any hardware store. The kind people use to stick things to walls in a rental property or suchlike.

I just cut a piece twice the width of the clasp and fold it back over itself.

Voila!!! earring comfort at last…..

Happy dressing

Caty.

Thanks Caty, I may have to try that. In the past I used my needle nose pliers to gently bend the clasp so it wasn’t so earlobe crushing tight and also a drop of nail glue if I thought my heavy ones would fall off during dancing. Happy Ears, Marg

Caty –

I make my own clip ons using converters to make earrings intended for pierced ears into clip ons.  Like Marg I just bend back the clasp a little to avoid that painful feeling.  I make my own because finding clip ons in the store is almost impossible.  Would love to get my ears pierced but would create too many issues, so alas clip ons it is.  They still look good and I’ve received a number of compliments on how they look.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Caty –

I make my own clip ons using converters to make earrings intended for pierced ears into clip ons.  Like Marg I just bend back the clasp a little to avoid that painful feeling.  I make my own because finding clip ons in the store is almost impossible.  Would love to get my ears pierced but would create too many issues, so alas clip ons it is.  They still look good and I’ve received a number of compliments on how they look.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Anonymous
      Lady

Before I got my ears pierced I found some clip earring pads on Amazon. I used some hot glue to hold them in and that worked most of the time. But in the end eventually after wearing for a time they would still hurt. Getting my ears pierced was the bet thing I have ever done when it comes to wanting to wear earrings. I never found nice clip on hoops or dangle earrings that would stay clipped for very long and that is what was my final straw to get piercing.

I do understand some feel they can’t get their ear pierced, I found that overall no one cares and it opens up such a great world of beautiful jewelry.

My first few pairs of clip on earrings were the metal spring kind, and after 5 minutes my ear lobes hurt so much it would give me a wicked headache.  I’ve tried padding the metal part with some felt but it didn’t do much good at all.

I searched far and wide on how to ease the pain of the clip on earrings and I stumbled upon clip ons that do not have a metal spring clasp.

Instead it is a soft vinyl plastic ring that slides over the ear lobe.  I can wear these all day and no pain whatsoever.  At first while learning how to slide these earrings on the earlobe can be tricky, but it doesn’t take long and I’ve enjoyed wearing clip on earrings for a while now with no pain whatsoever.

There are clip on earring designs that aren’t painful but it was my experience that they weren’t always that secure. I now have pierced ears and it was one of the best and nicest recent decisions I’ve made!

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Thanks for the tip. They do hurt sometimes.

Hugs, Liara

Before I had my ears pierced back in October, I wore clip ons…. Some had a screw to make sure they were on and not going to come off. Others were just normal clips with varying strengths of clip….. I have to be honest, I quite enjoyed the pain of wearing clips for a long period. It was a constant reminder that I was wearing them. Today, when not wearing heavy earrings, I fiddle with the backs or pull and play with them…. It’s great to feel that you are wearing earrings.
      I highly recommend getting your ears pierced…. I got mine done at 54…. I really with I’d done it many years earlier. I always wear earrings these days. Not always danglers or particularly feminine ones, but my lobes are constantly sporting studs or rings. Only one friend said anything, and that was positive.

Cerys

Pretty good tip Caty. I too tried a few methods for padding my clip on earrings but ultimately couldn’t get the comfort level to where I wanted.  Soooo….I’m on my fifth week of healing now after getting my ears pierced.  I’m wearing small round titanium studs that so far have gained me ZERO reaction or comment and I’ve been to a number of pretty masculine (read: good ‘ol boy) oriented situations where I thought there might be.  Soooo…welcome to 2022 and I say pierce away gals and enjoy! 🙂

*** Kayla ***

I’m obviously the odd one out here, but I actually like a little of the pain from wearing clip on earrings.

Anonymous

Katherine, Leigh,

No, you’re not. 😉

Much love,

Raquel

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Thanks for the tip Caty! I’ll have to give that a try, till I get up the nerve to tell my sweetie I want to get my ears pierced.

Amy

Jaynee Laparte
      Duchess - Annual

I could never get used to clip-ons, so I got my ears pierced in 1992. It gave me a lot more options. I was playing in a rock band at the time, so no one even noticed.

Anonymous

Thanks for the information, Caty.  I have some clip-on earrings and a pair of hoop earrings meant for pierced ears, but I converted them to clip-ons.  The clip-ons aren’t uncomfortable unless I wear them for a long time.  The converted ones have wires that poke my earlobes.  They hurt a bit when I first put them on, but, as time passes I don’t notice them much.  It’s all part of the price of beauty, right?

When I shop for earrings there is usually a couple in the selection that are clip types. Usually they are nothing fancy but are comfortable. I use those in combination with some dangle or hoop earrings. Sometimes I will convert the pierced to clip but I have yet to find a decent clip that’s comfortable. But what I would like more then anything is pierced ears. Maybe some day.

Leah
      Baroness

wearing clip on earrings are most certainly a pain. Has anyone looked into the magnetic ones ?

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Leah! I have some magnetic studs that I wear and they work great as long as you’re not putting on/taking off a mask or if you put them on and put on/take off a top.  They’re as good as gone if you do that.

But I’ve worn mine playing tennis for over 2 hours and they stayed in place the whole time.  I’ve also worn them inside my upper ear and they’ve stayed in place well.  I’m a fan.

My preference would be to get my ears pierced, but my office would freak if I did, so clip-ons and magnetics it is……for now 😋

*kisses* tara 🙂

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Thanks ls to all who contributed to this post with replies and thanks.

Looks like a fairly even split between pierced and non pierced. I’d get my done if it was not a “clip too far” for my beloved. I’m fairly in the camp,(9losert??)  of “she knows but does not want to know”  . So Iunderdress 24/7 and now we are largely out of Covid lockdowns, I can go about my Caty business in public when the opportunity arises.

As in I hope to do so twice in the next two or three weeks.. (false) fingernails, fingers and toes crossed

Caty.

I have my left ear pierced. Had it done in 1980, when left was right and right was wrong. Some of you might remember that saying. So now I wear one pierced and 2 clip ons when dressed and just a black stud when not dressed. When dressed the favorite is wearing 3 hoops. I love when 2 earrings clang into each other when moving around. The bigger the better.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?