Tagged: 

Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Ladies, I have not been a CDH member very long so this topic probably has already been posted.
      I am six feet tall and I wonder how other six foot girls are able to go into the world en femme.
      Have you encountered situations in public where someone “made you” because of your height?
      Love, Stephanie

Hi Stephanie

I wish I was as short as you are. I am 6’6 tall and went out all the time in 5 inch heels. No matter what I did people were going to know. I never even tried to pass because it would be pointless. That didn’t stop me from going out and having a life that was an epic adventure as Barbie.

It also didn’t stop me from becoming a pro dominatrix working at an NYC dungeon and it didn’t stop me from having a very successful career as a fetish model.  Passing and blending in is way over rated and it stops far too many girls who could be having real lives in the real world from going out at all.

At age 62 I can look back on a life full of memories of my life as Barbie. If I had let my height stop me I would have spent my life printing newspapers instead of becoming a fetish “model”.

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Stephanie.

I’m six foot and I think there are quite a few girls who are six foot and taller.

I started a thread a while back which I can’t find now with the heading “Size does matter” and it discussed being tall, big framed, large man hands and feet, etc. Like Barbie says, don’t let your height stop you from expressing yourself because there are tall GG girls too. Be confident in who you are.

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to CDH! I’m a tall girl too, 6′ 4″. I do go out in public (in heels!) and I assume that everyone who sees me knows that I am a genetic male. I dont think about passing, I just try to look the best I can and express myself visually in a way that is congruent with how I think. If someone has a problem with that, that is on them.

– Robyn

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hey Stephanie!   Another tall girl here, at 6’4″- and thin, so my height is really accentuated.   I realize I’m going to stand out… up? in a crowd, and I don’t wear high heels myself.

I have on occasion in life run into 6′ cis woman, it may be uncommon, but it’s definitely not rare.  They don’t really strike me as sticking out, especially when their friends are in 5″ heels, lol.  I smile seeing them;  it makes me a little less concerned about it all.  🙂

Stevie

I’m 6′ 9″ and wear women’s jeans and t shirts in public but that’s about it.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Stephanie, I am 6 ft. tall also. I do not believe being in the 6 ft range means that you are necessarily more likely to be clocked as a male. There are plenty of women at or near that height around these days. But, tall girls definitely do get looked at more from both men & women than shorter women.

Hi Stephanie,

I’m 5’ 11 1/2” tall and find most people are so wrapped up in their own affairs they don’t really care.  Especially the guys.  One might get a smile from a woman but that’s about it.

Be yourself. And enjoy your femininity.

Alice

I’m the same exact height as you Alice and my experiences match yours as well. So true, go be your confident feminine self and leave the worry at home.

*** Kayla ***

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi Stephanie, I happen to live in an area of west Michigan where tall girls – and guys- are very common. As a matter of fact a local college women’s basketball team has dominated their division for the past several years and while Im now just under 5’10” the forwards and centers tower over me.  Come visit the area sometime and walk down 8th and if you’re dressed reasonably well you’ll hardly be noticed . Do it enough and take that new confidence back to where you’re from and you should easily fit right in.  Hugs ChloeC

Hello Stephanie, a lot of fashion starlets are tall, in fact it seemed to be essential.
      So your height can be an asset to you. Project some confidence when you walk ariund smile at others, live life. Enjoy.
      It id your inner Stephanie that is important.
      Best Wishes
      Jane

Anonymous
      Lady

6′ foot here and I usually wear flats but do wear 3 to 4 inch heels sometimes and find it’s not a problem. One day while in the grocery store I had a senior woman ask if I could reach something for her, after I gave it to her she said she wished she was a tall woman like me. Most people are so wrapped up in their own lives they hardly notice when you walk by them. Go out and enjoy your life tall girls!

Hi Steph, I’m over 6′ tall and I also love wearing my heels. Remember girls come in all sizes and a lot of models are quite tall. If I go out I dress such that I don’t draw attention to myself, I wear a longer dress that doesn’t show off my long legs. And I wear long hair and a long sleeve blouse that tend to bring peoples vision up. Just be how you are own the time.

Stephanie,

I consider myself a plus plus girl.  I am over 6 foot 2 and built a like bear.  I have little doubt that I am identified as man when I have ventured out en femme,  as I usually dress as I wish without masking that I am a man.  Either way, I have not let it stop me.  I have also learned that if respected is offered, respect is usually returned.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Hi Mackenzie, built like a bear, yes as Hannah McNaught, stylist with CDH says, you cannot hide everything. You are enjiying lufe as Mackenzie, so well done you. I do the same in my part of the world. It is winter in Australia now, si knee boots. Blouses, jumpetd coats , makeup, and a nice clutch bag.
        Enjoy where you are. Enjoy life.
        Jane

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Stephanie

I have a GG frind who is 6 foot tall. She is drop dead gorgeous in, or out of heels. I would not worry about your height being a giveaway!

💕Lara

I’m 6’2 and I know a beautiful woman and her more beautiful daughter and thy are both taller than me and slim then I also know a nurse who is also at least 6’4 and built like a bear she slouches a lot and that is not beautiful at all. Just feel confident with your height the worst problem with the height is that the feet also are longer the taller you are and that makes it hard to find  well fitting shoes in our size.

Hi Stephanie

I think as others have said, there are tall genetic girls out there, some six feet plus and taller still when in heels.

I am 6’2” myself so it makes finding femme clothes that fit a challenge! I have some boots with a platform heel that I have worn out (hotel bar only) so that made me 6’7” – did I stand out?  Very likely!  Did I stand out anyway irrespective of my height?  Very likely!

It’s probably more about how you present yourself rather than just height alone, and how much you are bothered about being clocked as a CD.  Also where you are – in a quiet hotel bar, compared to a busy shopping mall for instance.

I’m very new to this, but think confidence in owning your space is key.  Most people are so tied up in their own business and looking at their phones to really notice.  Go to a safe place, and own your space, and enjoy being tall!

Go tall girls! Stay safe.

Hugs

Jen. 🙂

Hi, from one tall Stephanie to another: I am 6’3″, and this has not compromised my very great feeling of elation whenever I go out dressed. I’ll wear shoes up to 2″ in height. I try to be careful in my presentation, but otherwise I figure one slightly taller person is not going to stick out all that much, perhaps especially outside. Even in an indoor space I don’t feel weird — provided I am well dressed. So just relax end enjoy the ride!

Best, Stephanie

Hello Stephanie,
        From one tall person to another it isn’t easy at times. Being 6’2” (was 6’3” but time and gravity…) it is a challenge being a women of height. I started off knowing that 2” heels were my limit, being most doorways in a house are 6’6”. Still I learned to duck and wear my hair down. The other problem, which I’m sure you notice is that most women average around 5’7”. So it tends to make us stand out when standing next to them. I will be the first to admit I’m love tall women (either GG or other). But I have had the chance to hand with some others our height in a group and we didn’t stand out as much, and like you said outdoors or in an area that’s not so crowded we are less noticeable. But my height has never stopped me from going out.

Stand tall Stephanie!
        Lisa Leigh

Hello Stephanie,  welcome to oue lady friendly site. Tall or short  Northern or Southetn Hemisphere, we are all important.

Our variety of knowledge and dress style, coupled with our kindness is a major component of CDH.

I hope you live your life too the full and enjoy being enfemme.

Jane

I am also 6 ft and my tallest heels are over 4 inches. I dont think i pass very well anyway, so i just wear what i want and dont worry about it. I have never thought of myself as tall, but i do feel a difference wearing heels. There’s another woman in my office thats almost as tall as i am, and ive never seen her in heels, but i don’t feel as awkward with her around (plus she’s super accepting and always compliments my outfits). Its not like 6ft+ women dont exist.

I think it depends on what you’re going for. I dont pass very well anyway so it isn’t the heels that are going to give me away. I don’t worry about the extra height or someone “reading” me because of my shoes. I just try to look as nice and natural as i can and enjoy dressing up. I try not to worry about what others think. I think when youre 6’4″ people are going to notice you, but as long as you look nice i dont think it matters that much. I have seen GG that were that tall, so while its unusual, its certainly not a “deal breaker,” so to speak. And really, whenever i go out, the most consistent experience is how little people pay attention to me.

Anyway, heels are too much fun not to wear, even if they make you the tallest person in the room.

I’m tall too, at 6’4″ and large framed;  I didn’t let that stop me from going out; I started from day one assuming I wouldn’t pass.

A couple of times when I started going out I used to get a quizzical look from other people; I think my outfit/look was off; I never let that bother me. I have limited time to dress so I do what I like the most and have a lovely walk in a nearby green-space or go to a park or down by the sea.  Nice to say hello and suchlike to passers-by.   If you are nicely dressed and look the part your Ok; most people are so pre-occupied you are just ‘a n other’ person to them.

I plan to do more walking round the town and shopping when I have plenty enough time.

Hi Stephanie

I’m 6’ as well. Yes it is an issue. For example if you want to wear heels it makes you really stand out.

I’m totally over it now. Gone are the days I’m terrified of being ‘clocked’.

I think we, and I used to include myself in this group, are guilty of seeing being different as a bad thing. Yes there are parts of the world where doing what we do can lead to trouble due to intolerance, culture, religion, etc. Afraid of being seen as an object of ridicule because of historical TV/film spreading the idea that what we do should be ridiculed or attributed to being deviant in some way.

But it’s 2022 those old stereotypes are slipping into history. I am now coming more round to being different as a good thing, Thinking more positively than negatively.
      Now walk tall, make eye contact, smile more. I am now acutely aware of dressing appropriately for the situation I am in, Yes I do get looks, but don’t even try to speculate what strangers may be thinking. Would previously have assumed negative thoughts, but people may just as easily be thinking that’s a nice looking tall individual! Whenever I have talked to girl friends about the height thing they mostly say they wish they were taller, citing models from fashion shows etc.
      We are all different shapes, sizes, colours, facial features, hair, piercings, tattoos, personalities, cultures, religions, fashions, interests. Embrace being different.
      Obviously I totally understand many have to be careful, to take into consideration the feelings of partners, family, work colleagues, neighbours etc to fit in with who we are supposed to be.
      Just my tuppence worth.

B x

Sherri Cisneros
      Baroness

Stephanie, I am 6’8”, and 59.  I have been going out for about a year now.  The hardest thing to wear, is confidence.  Confidence in how you carry yourself and act, is ever bit as important as what you wear.

When I came to grips that I am never going to pass, that helped.  When I go out, I try to present age appropriate and dress appropriately as well.  I have worked on getting my proportions correct, which helps.

Here is what I hope for when out and about.  When someone sees me, the best I can hope for is this, “Wow, that’s not a GG, but she looks great!”

I am lucky, even at my size, I can make somewhat of an hour glass figure.  At 7’ in 4” heels, nothing petite here!

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?