Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So Ive had many people tell me how my hair is “life” or how beautiful and thick it is, and my personal favorite how its the hair of a greek G-d.  Thats all lovely but it still gets frizzy and tangled. How do you ladies deal with such things,  when I sleep is the worst because thats when I get the most tangles.

Gwenn Liefde
      Baroness

Hi Ellie,

Let me ask you a few questions, than I can give you more direct advice.

How long is your hair?

Is it curly, wavy or straight?

Do you color your hair?

Do you Blow-dry, Flat-iron or Curl your hair?

Do you us styling products? Please list what you currently use on your hair, including shampoo and/or conditioner (Brand and product name, example, Redken Outshine).

-Gwenn (hairstylist)

My hair is shoulder length, and its curly/wavy.

I use Redkin one united hair spray, and I use one n only argon oil shampoo and conditioner from sallys

I dont color iron or curl my hair. Been wanting to get a blowdryer though

Gwenn Liefde
          Baroness

ooo forgot two more question.

How thick is it?  Thick/course, Medium or Fine.

What’s the density? lots of hair, normal or a little see through?

I will be watching this post with interest as yet another of my wigs has become tangled and knotted at the base, why! i really dont know? i have tried de-tangling spray, careful brushing but still the stupid thing gets tangled!!! i am at my wits end with it, is there an easy solution here or do i have to throw away yet another wig?

Fiona xxx

Gwenn Liefde
        Baroness

Fiona,

Not all detanglers are good. Are you using one specifically for wigs? Is your wig synthetic or human hair?

Gwenn Liefde
      Baroness

Okay, first I am going to recommend these two products specifically for you because you have thick, wavy, frizzy hair… Redken No Blow Dry Just Right Cream (for everyday use, to use along with the Redken One United Spray), this product will help smooth and control your frizz for days you DO NOT want to blow dry. For days you DO want to blow dry, then you can use Pureology Intense Smoothing Cream, this will not only protect your hair from heat styling, but also help the humidity from attacking your hair, making your style hold longer, plus use the One United Spray too.

Things you can do to reduce frizz…

1. When you come out of the shower, towel dry your hair very gently using no friction, and then gently comb/brush hair to release the tangles, starting at the bottom and working your way up.
      2. Get a haircut every 6-12 weeks. Split ends and breakage can be a major cause of unwanted frizz.
      3. Sleep on a silk pillowcase. A standard cotton pillowcase can pull at the hair fibers and create friction while you’re sleeping, which can result in frizz and tangles in the morning. Silk, on the other hand, is a smoother, more gentle texture that keeps the hair’s moisture intact and won’t create unnecessary frizz.
      4. Loosely braiding your hair before bed, will also keep hair from tangling overnight.
      5. Use a deep conditioning treatment once a week or bi-weekly to keep hair really hydrated and deeply nourish the hair.
      6. Always use a protective heat styling product, if you are going to use any kind of heat on the hair.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Dear Genetic Girls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?