Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Recently the Target line of Spring prairie dresses was all the rage, for making Little House on the Prairie IG memes and silly TikTok posts… but they were selling out everywhere. Not going to lie, though they were cute, got myself one and will wear out at some point soon. Just curious how the girls here felt about the “trend” and would you wear?

Edit: Here’s a link to a Buzzfeed article discussing it. The roast photos became so popular thee dresses sold out all over the country. Also, probably more of a US thing..

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kristatorres/target-dress-challenge

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

While Target did buy up the Zellers stores in Canada they tried to use their own supply chain and that just didn’t work so they closed down everything.

While they where around I did visit them often and did score a few things but now it’s all gone so I don’t look at whatever they may offer.

/kt

Kelly Lee
        Duchess - Annual

After seeing the pictures on the buzzfeed link I would vote “Hell nah”. Don’t like that style at all.

/kt

Raquel
      Lady

I voted ‘whaaa?’
      Post a picture for us, babe. I do remember Little House on the Prairie, but now I’m picturing a less-than-sexy cut + floral prints.
      I just like dresses… I’d probably wear one.

Haha!

Great meme – and cute dress.

As the photos prove, anyone can look good in one!

Love Laura

Anonymous
      Lady

I would wear one but prefer sun dresses with no sleeves and  lower neck. I’m sure they are very comfortable.

Sandy

I’m firmly entrenched in the “not my style” category. I wear ankle length dresses or skirts in the winter months.  In the other months, I prefer something shorter (even if below the knee).

I also tend to avoid buying something that is “in style” now, but goes out of style in a year or two.  I prefer things that are more timeless, so I’m not wasting money or closet space on something I won’t wear long term.

Anonymous

Interesting, but not my style; they make me look too much like my real age – or perhaps Granny Clampett.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Heather, thanks for the link to have a look at the old-style dresses.

I’d definitely consider buying one (depending on price) but unfortunately not available in my city in NW Canada.  And I don’t think I’d drive 5 hours to the big city where it might be available.  It might be a fun dress to wear at Hallowe’en.  I think I’ll pay a visit to my local thrift shop and see if they have anything like it.

thanks again, Stay safe, stay healthy, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I’m also in Canada, and Target isn’t here anymore, and I cannot go to the US to buy them. However thank you for the link and I did have a look at them, and I’m not very taken with them. Here there is a very conservative Christian community called Mennoites, and the women wear dresses much like that.

The men dress like any other, but the women don’t. The real conservative ones also use horse and buggy for transportation, but those around here drive cars and trucks.

Amy

Anonymous

Ok for re-enactors or latter-day Granny Clampetts I guess but you’ve got to say in real life why would you?

I followed the link btw and have to say I loved the two larger ladies , one with a shotgun over her shoulder and the other holding a rabbit in one hand and a knife on the other – disturbing….

Diana

Marianne
      Ambassador

Around 1980 my mother sewed a period day dress inspired by Little house on the prairie and The Macahan family (How the West was won) TV-series. It was my absolute favourite among her clothes that l secretly wore in my teenages and occasionally in my early twenties. It still hangs in her wardrobe and l have pulled it out a few times visiting but presently l am a bit too large for to close it up.

I’m kinda guessing that target is a store name?

I’m English and I can’t say that we have target stores over here in the U.K. (unless they got under my radar!!!) so I really don’t know what you are talking about. Can you point me in the direction of a few pics?

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?