Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Jim Ferro
      Lady

does anyone miss and wish they still made the old style teddies? I remember back in the day always having one but then always end up purging along with all my other lingerie and now they don’t make them like they used to, especially with the snaps in the bottom made it easier to go to the bathroom.

Just don’t seem to make as much sexy lingerie anymore:(

Molly
      Duchess

Jim;

I think this is where you need to venture into the higher end specialty stores.  They seem to still have them, but the price is high… VS etc, seem to have a token effort at best.

Don’t have any suggestions for Utah, so perhaps someone else can fill that in.

-Molly

Jim Ferro
        Lady

[postquote quote=359594]
        Yes, I have looked there and at other stores as well but really just cheap and poorly designed imitations for the amount of money they want.

Molly
          Duchess

Jim;

This is terribly sad, as I love teddies as well.   The last time I was in Australia, I saw 3 different and beautiful ones in a honey birdette store.  And they do tend to call them bodysuit rather than teddy (The distinction here is sometimes so fine!).   Unfortunately the ones I saw are not on their website under current offerings.   The others I saw in a specialty bra store.    I wish I’d bought at least one of these from each store, because now I fear that the opportunity is gone.   The other problem is that they tend to be unavailable in my size 🙁

Yes these stores do charge way to much, but I’d still like to see them available and good ones are a dream to wear..

I have bought a few from lovehoney but found that one, while pretty, was made with a scratchy lace, and had a cut at the hips that was irritating (not that buying it directly would have helped!).    I really like to be able to feel the fabric/lace first as it’s going next to the skin.

I’ve resigned myself that for this sort of thing I’m probably going to buy more misses that stuff I want to wear many times so I mentally triple the price when I’m looking at them online.  Given that my SO doesn’t want me in lace in the bedroom… There’s not many opportunities to just wear them on their own, this means I tend to window shop more than I buy.

Maybe we girls can help each other if we find a spectacular place, I’m putting it on my list of things to add to the location list, and in the forums if they’re in more than one city/country.   Especially if they are CD friendly.

Good luck

-Molly

I agree with you Jim. I have searched for the sexy nylon and lace teddies that I used to wear as well. They used to everywhere but now the only ones widely available are more in the body briefer style for support rather than for their sexiness.

Anonymous

I would love to have a few in my undie drawer; I even mentioned this about a month ago, in another thread about fashions which are desired but no longer available.

Wow this thread is so timely as I’ve been looking for sleep wear and was seeing similar things.

I love “old style” nylon/satin and lace teddies. They’re one of my top two favorite lingerie pieces to wear. I found a baby pink nylon/satin teddy in a vintage clothes warehouse and paid 5 dollars for it. Unfortunately I only got to wear it once, as the clothes dryer damaged it. I’m planning on taking it to a theater costume store and see if they hand-make a new one. Just last week, I found a deep red merlot colored satin and black lace romper in a lingerie store that I frequent. It doesn’t have the “poppy” snaps like a teddie, but it will give me the same special feelings.

Anonymous

Molly,

That’s a lovely idea; perhaps we can spread the word, and someone in the US or UK will find them.

I looked on VS, and saw only one “possible”; $68  and black only.

Hugs,

Bettylou

We have lost so many things over the past few years  and teddies, frilly petticoats ,baby doll nighties with bloomer panties. are only A few. Growing up in the fifties lingerie choices were so much better. I loved those beautiful slips and Lacey nighties not to mention those soft silky panties embellished in lace. when teddies came on the seine in the 60’s and 70’s I also bought several and enjoyed wearing them. I keep hoping the fashion world will go back to making lingerie that was so feminine. Like the song { those were the days}.

Sutekina
      Lady

Might be wrong but feels like you’re referring to bodysuits. Might be trend to make things more form fitting.

Jim Ferro
      Lady

[postquote quote=359822]
      Yes, that’s what they call them now but really not the same as vintage teddies. They were sexier and felt better to wear these new things they’re trying to pass off as teddies just aren’t the same😔

Etsy, on line, has an amazing selection of lingerie, including teddys. The snap is a problem though, Really bodysuits. Maybe have to go crotch-less for the loo. [Got some great granny panties from Etsy that my wife loves on me.] Prices are good in my opinion.

Jim Ferro
      Lady

[postquote quote=359853]
      Any links that you care to share?

Jim Ferro
      Lady

Sutekina, the style of teddy this post is talking about is made of a nylon/satin material with lace details. The bodysuits that are called teddies today are made of cotton type materials. Only the name is the same; to wear a vintage style teddy is a completely different experience.

Anonymous

I have a couple of them that I do wear once in a while.  One is black, the other is red.  Both are nylon tricot, embellished with lace on the leg openings as well as the bust line.  Both also have gentle elastic at the waist.  I recently bought them at a neighborhood estate sale.  Both of them are like-new condition.

One thing to watch on teddies though is torso length.   A woman will generally have a shorter torso and longer legs than a man of equal height.  For a guy, a teddy that’s too short will result in total misery down where you live.

If you search the walmart.com website you can find teddys still. They are probably available in more places than you think.  Here is one……

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Leg-Avenue-Women-s-Floral-Lace-Thong-Teddy/971571409

Noting special, Jim. Go to “Etsy”, enter Teddie or lingerie. Great selection from all over the world.

Good topic Jim,

teddies are one of my favorite pieces of Lingerie.

Like you said though I don’t see many available.

I so love the one you posted ,I want it.LOL

Patty

I sleep naked and have not worn a teddy since I was wearing mom’s. Sounds like a wonderful ide.

Janice

XOXO

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?