Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Okay.   We’ve had tear eyes songs and life songs, so how about some that tell us a story, no matter how long or short.  It doesn’t even have to prove a point or have a moral, just an interesting story, and you can list more than one.

Puff the Magic Dragon has already been mentioned in one of the other threads, and was one of my favorites from a long time ago (not trying to make any one feel old).  So, here is some of mine:

Mr. Tanner, Dreams Go By, 30,000 Pounds Of Bananas, Taxi & Sequel… Harry Chapin on “Greatest Stories Live” (youtube has them)

Lady In Black, Wizard… Uriah Heep

Barricades Of Heaven … Jackson Brown

The Old City Bar … Trans Siberian Orchestra

Ghost Riders In The Sky… The Outlaws

Wreck On The Highway… Bruce Springsteen

Okay, that’s just a few, your turn.

PaulaF

Prudence
      Ambassador

Eleanor Rigby! By that one group, oh what’s their name? I havnt heard Lady in Black in quite sometime. So I am going to listen to it right after this.    Oh and an obscure one. Modane Train by Symphonic Slam.  Hugs  Pru

😂😘 Also Penny Lane!

I don’t know all the songs. The ones I do know are all very nice. A song that would be my personal crossdressing song. Meat Loaf. Bat out of Hell.

Anonymous

Hi Paula…❤️

Sarah McLachlan… virtually every song she writes tells a story.

Angel.

I love you.

Possession.

Forgiveness.

Good enough….etc etc etc…….

plus Freddie and the Mighty Queen –  Bohemian Rhapsody.

Grace xx

Anonymous

A couple of my favorites:

Alone Again Naturally by Gilbert O’Sullivan

You Can’t Go Home by Bon Jovi and Jennifer Nettles

Garden Party by Rick Nelson

Killing Me Softly by Roberta Flack

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

Escape (The Piña Colada Song)

What more can I say …

Dawn x

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

Another one that is topical to the site is ‘Bitty Boppy Betty’ by Pink Martini – from the album ‘Splendour in the Grass’

I’m not going to divulge the story but you will have to listen to it and enjoy !

Hi Paula! Don’t forget “W.O.L.D.” by Harry Chapin- what a story teller.

Fun, Fun, Fun. Beach Boys
      Jumpin’ Jack Flash. Rolling Stones

Anonymous

Girls just want to have fun cyndi Lauper

material girl maddonna

don’t stop believing journey

an oldie can’t remember the artest last kiss

it my party I will cry if I want to

Tom MacDonald – Church

Having worked in a hospital for 32 yrs and with the stress of the past 15 months I crawled into the bottle. I had to retire for my own health. This song is about Tom’s struggle with sobriety. It’s like he’s talking to me directly. Yikes. Never has a song hit me so hard.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

Anonymous

Black parade my chemical romance

I haven’t seen this one mentioned yet: “The Highwayman” by Loreena McKennitt.

This has long been one of my favorite “teary-eyed” songs. It’s an old English romantic ballad set to music by McKennitt. Always has me reaching for the tissue box by the end of the song.

Here’s a link to it on youtube:

The dialect is a bit hard to follow for this Southern Belle, so here’s the lyrics if you care to follow along:

https://www.songfacts.com/lyrics/loreena-mckennitt/the-highwayman

Loreena has sooo many songs like that.  Dickens Dublin is a very beautiful story song, as is The Lady Of Shallot.

PaulaF

Yep, Lady of Shallot, another good one. I have three of Loreena’s CDs, this one and “The Visit” and “The Mask and the Mirror”. But this song, “The Highwayman” has long been my fav.

— Camryn

I’d recommend her live album, A Night At The Alhambra, if you can find a copy.   It has most of her regular music, but it is performed live.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald – Gordon Lightfoot.

Ship – storm – wreck – memorial, nothing more to say…

Diana

Peta Mari
      Lady

Put another log on the fire… it kinda tells my story of switching between male and female.

At times I want to purge. Or have no inclination to dress. (Why have you left me I cry. )

Other times I’m doing it all. Washing, cooking, cleaning, looking after myself while the drab slob disappears…

Anonymous

I keep thinking of songs that I love and tell a story.

Lou Rawls “Lady Love”

Comfortably numb from pink Floyd is like my female self talking to my male self

Hello is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me

Is there anyone home

Come on now

I hear your feeling down

Well I can ease your pain

Get you on your feet again

Relax

I need some Information first

just the basic facts .

Can you show me where it hurts?

Anonymous

“So am I” by Ava Max is a song that I can relate to as a CD

Un bel di vedremo  from madam butterfly Maria Callas

Mio Bambino Caro Maria Callas

Vesti la gubba mario lanza

Una furtiva lagrima  Enrico Caruso

These songs made me feel again after 20 years of anger shame and pain. From beginning to end goosebumps

Last kiss is a great song. It is from the 60s. It was redone by  Pearl Jam I think. That was also good.

Anonymous

Scenes from an Italian restaurant Billy Joel

Someone saved my life tonight Elton John

Rocket 🚀 man Elton John today in honor of astronaut Michael Collins

Anonymous

The only springsteen i like is darkness on the edge of town album really, love patti smith as she is my heroine xx

Bus Stop by The Hollies
      Just Like Romeo and Juliet by The Reflections

Anonymous

Hi Paula,

A few of my favourites
      :
      The singer Sandy Denny joined, then encouraged a band called Fairport Convention to reimagine old english ballads, and trailblaze (uk) folk rock.

“Liege and Lief” has a few good examples e.g. “Matty Groves” and “Tam Lin”

And from Bob Dylan, “Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts”

Marti xxx

Wow, so, so many good tunes to know and listen to.  A bunch of them I have in my library, but so many others that need to be there too.

Let’s not forget the first hard rock n roll story I memorized in my youth… Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple.

PaulaF

Anonymous

The Wreck of the Edmund  Fitzgerald….Gordon Lightfoot

Tangled Up in Blue- Bob Dylan

She was working in a topless place when I stopped in for a beer.

I just kept lookin’ at the side of her face in the spotlight so clear.

And later on when the crowd thinned out
      I’s just about to do the same
      She was standing there at the back of my chair
      Sayin’ “Tell me, don’t I know your name?”
      I muttered something underneath my breath
      She studied the lines on my face
      I must admit I felt a little uneasy
      When she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe
      Tangled up in blue”

Did I miss it? Or did no one mention Lou Reed, Walk On the Wild Side.

Holly came from Miami, F.L.A.
      Hitch-hiked her way across the U.S.A.
      Plucked her eyebrows on the way
      Shaved her legs and then he was a she
      She says, “Hey, babe
      Take a walk on the wild side”
      Said, “Hey, honey
      Take a walk on the wild side”

Clara on the wild side

Kinky, oops Kinks.

Well I am not dumb but I can’t understand why She walked like a Woman and talked like a Man
      Oh My Lola, la la la la Lola.
      That’s got to be on the list.
      Mikala xxxx.

Each one a story, but makes an epic story of a failed relationship when you listen to these REO Speedwagon songs in this order:
      Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore
      Keep On Loving You
      Take it on the Run
      Time For Me To Fly

I appreciate this list, I share similar interest in some of the musical acts mentioned here.
      Love Iron Maiden, they’ve taken on quite a few literature reference as the basis of their song. Rime of the Ancient Mariner is quite an epic

Good to see Cradle of Filth get a mention – I have been a fan for a long time – ever since I first heard “Her Ghost in the Fog”, maybe 20 years ago?

My favourite of theirs is “Enshrined in Crematoria”, which carries many parallels to the way I feel when I’m unable to dress for a while. It’s one of their most accessible songs, and really grows with repeated hearings:

https://youtu.be/BSMWrqZmZK8

I saw pretty much all the big metal bands in their prime, back in the early 1980s – Maiden doing “Number of the Beast” for the first time was quite something, Motorhead releasing “Ace of Spades” on the back of “Back in Black” from AC/DC… we were spoilt back then, and didn’t know it! Hearing Master of Puppets on the day of release, and seeing them perform it with Cliff was precious…

Good times!

Am definitely keeping the rock chick vibe under the sensible middle aged lady veneer – so glad biker jackets are en vogue!

Love Laura

What about Carole King then? You make me feel like a natural woman …

Ooo lesse… if we’re still talking about storytelling and Maiden, I like their longer epic like Alexander The Great and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. Of course I like the classic like The Trooper, Number of the Beast,  and Hallowed Be Thy Name too! Favourite album would be between Powerslave and Piece of Mind, a lot of great songs on those.
      Used to listen to Blur, but haven’t really done so in a long time haha. I like Song 2. Whoo hoo!
      I don’t really think of storytelling when I listen to the more extreme part of heavy metal like death metal lol, since I first see them as br00tal, before going to their lyrics. I just listened to Cannibal Corpse’s latest album (I haven’t checked their earlier work because I thought they were shallow bands that want to shock people), and I like what I hear! Will have to listen to their other albums later.
      Right now I’m looking forward to new release by Gojira this Friday. Now that’s a death metal with some thoughtful themes… can’t wait!
      I don’t wanna bore you with the other heavy metal bands that I like since they might be more in the not-so-mainstream ones lol. But I do love me some heavy metal \m/

Anonymous

I love Iron maiden, love murders in the rou morgue album and many others mainly just love maiden, motorhead and that kinda sound ❤

Anonymous

Always wanted to be a rock chick as went to see girlschool and motorhead and fell in love with girlschools style xxx

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?