• This topic has 23 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Ladies,

With Veterans Day just a few days off, let me take the opportunity to thank our veterans for their service.  And  to  wish them and their families a happy and safe holiday.

Alice

Alice

Thank you!  It was my pleasure to serve in U.S. Navy Submarine force.  I wouldn’t hesitate or flinch to go back and do it all over again.

I urge everyone to do the same when you are out and about no matter if dressed or drab.  We as veterans are a modest and self-less group of people, YET, it warms our hearts when we hear genuine thanks an praise from people.  Those positive affirmations go a long way.

Once again, it was my pleasure and a sincere honor to serve and protect,  and I still do, for no one has ever officially relieved me of duty.

XO – Robyn  😁🤗💋💕🇺🇸

[postquote quote=404360]
      Hi Robyn,

Thank-you for sharing your story.

Alice

Alice,

Thank you.  I am an Army combat veteran and I always thought that part of the reason that I served was to defend EVERYONE’s rights.

As Robyn stated, veterans tend to be a bit humble and we do not always like the attention… but actual heart-felt thanks is always welcome (even if we do not show it).

Mikayla

In this age of instant gratification and entitlement it’s easy to forget the sacrifices so many have made that allows our culture to enjoy the freedom and privilege we have.

We are truly blessed and I am grateful for the world our vets have given so much for. Thank you!

ChloeC
      Duchess

Thank you, Alice, as a Vietnam Era vet, I appreciate the thoughts. As it has turned out, I’m of the 4th in 5 consecutive generations to serve in the military during times of conflict.  My great-grandfather served during the Civil War, his son during WW1, my father during WW2, and my son during the Gulf Wars. We’re not a multi-generational military family (although I should say one of my brothers did make it a 20 year career), but I do know that in the last 3 generations we all used the service itself or post service veteran benefits to get college educations, return to the work force with quality resumes, and raise families. I don’t necessarily recommend it for everyone, but I am proud to be in a country that recognizes the citizen soldier and does not rely on conscripts. And a thank you also to all the other former service members here.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Alice, thank you for this post.  I was happy when I first found so many vets among the group.  Some of the most memorable times of my life were in the Forces.

And this is the first Remembrance Day I will nor be able to attend a service. 😪😢.  That hurts.

Stevie

Anonymous

Hi girls….and Veterans

I never ever forget the sacrifices that all of our veterans made…..and still do to keep our world free!!

Here in England….I always wear my Poppy with PRIDE….

Bless you all.

Grace xx

Anonymous

To all veterans around the world we thank you, to those that have lost their lives in any conflict defending our freedoms we will never forget you where ever you lay.

To all the governments around the world, they fought and fight for our freedom, it’s therefore your responsibility, no duty,  to  look after them in their hours of needs and rehabilitation, to see that their futures are secure and free, and those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice their families are properly protected and cared for emotionally and financially.

“God bless all that serve to protect us, to those who fall and have fallen, we can only thank you by remembering the debt we owe you and a promise you will never be forgotten”.

Stevie65
      Lady

yes indeed great thanks and much highly respected thank you to all who are serving has served and made sacrifices of their lives so we can have what we got today.

I am proud to have served my country and to have met and talked to my 9 great uncles who went on the beaches of normandy.

Thank is just not enough for what have given and still give. They are the true hero’s.

Stevie

Anonymous

I too have served never overseas l feel we owe them everything

Leslie
      Lady

As a vet I have very mixed feelings. I am/was one of the most hated veterans Viet Nam. No welcome home parades for us. I was working for Macdonald Air Craft after I got out. When one day somehow it was mentioned that I had severed. The young man who sat in front of me and whom I had known for about a year by that time turned around and asks “how many babies did you kill?”. That was my welcome home, well I guess it was better than one of my friends who was shot at disembarking his flight home. I explained to the person that I hadn’t killed any,  it I might be happy to start with his mother’s. It was not until years later when I went to DC to protest the first golf  war that anyone actually said those words to me. I had asked one of the people in the group I was with to go with me to see the Viet Nam memorial. I left it crying there was a group of volunteers sitting at the end and this great, huge biker came up and welcomed me home. I still cry when I think about it.
      So I guess besides thanks a good welcome home is appreciated too.

I guess you can tell I am still bitter about that but as the descent of a proud GAR member looking at how the government currently and always has treated veterans it makes me angry!

oh well I will get off my hobby house now and ask everyone’s forgiveness for the rank!

Love and hugs to all and thanks for the THANK YOUS.

Leslie

Anonymous

I went in in 1970.When we landed at O’Hare I was in full dress blues.While walking to meet my family,I too was called ‘baby killer’ Wtf? It is ironic when we left basic,we were told we had to dress in our blues,but never wear your uni,after you get home.I too am bitter that recent vets get all the attention,bless their hearts but some recognition would have been nice

Anonymous

Hi Samantha,

I was just staring my military career (USAF) during those times, and yes, it was shameful how the politics of the times caused us to be treated.  Thankfully, the pendulum has swung the other way.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Anonymous

Stephanie your so right we owe all these people who gave everything for us our eternal Gratitude and never allow them to be forgotten.

God Bless them all.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

US Navy, Chief Petty Officer (Cryptology),  (Retired), 1966-88

Viet Nam veteran

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

As a former member of the Royal Air Force in the UK, I served as a Nurse on intense care and various other locations. I only had one ‘skirmish’ during my 11 yr  career, however the same things occurred then as in any conflict. People were injured by others and required care to get better. The RAF had a role to move these injured individuals back to the UK for care and rehabilitation, which were the areas I was involved in.

This care continues even now, over 30 yrs after the event, and many of the injured individuals still require support for daily tasks and some need full time nursing care.

I did my part then and was proud to do so, and the skills I learnt in those days has benefited my patient care ever since. We are the sum of our experiences ands this is a large part of me.

We will remember them.

Dawn

Anonymous

Two little words Dawn….

Thank you xx

Michelle
      Lady

[postquote quote=404668]
      As a more recent veteran, I view you all as heroes, many of you drafted and sent to kill, only to be hated by the very country that you served.  I would like to offer my heartfelt thanks to you and all your brothers and sisters who served.

Thanks for the notice Alice, I am a Vietnam vet and suffer from the “Rodney Dangerfield” syndrome.

Anonymous

To all who served and continue to serve this great Nation defending and protecting the very freedoms and liberties we enjoy today, my sincere thanks. Despite the detractors and the nay-sayers and those who take yet never give, our blessings continue as our love grows stronger with each passing day.

No matter where you find yourself in life or what your hopes and dreams may be, always remember someone loves you and cares about you. Today is your day, so make the most of it!

Erin Leanne

To all my fellow veterans, thanks for yours. USN (Ret)

Thank you Alice and to all the vets here and everyplace else in the world  a big thanks for serving our countries safe god bless you all ..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

jackie slips  bay of pigs and cuban crises thanks and god bless all of vets that follow us

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?