• This topic has 16 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Every day there must be several hundred thanks posted, why?

Someone asked what are you wearing and received 38 thanks, another contributer got 80, a throw away tongue in cheek remark can receive half a dozen or more? A one word reply (helium) was thanked?

thank you

something that you say or do in order to show that you are grateful for something:

I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone for all their help.
      In other words, thank you for your incite, thank you for putting me at ease, thank you for your advice or thank you for making me feel good!
      A heartfelt thanks can make our day so make it mean something!  Wouldn’t a simple ‘like’ be enough?
      Sally.
      Anonymous

Sal my helium remark was just hot air.

Thanks Donna, I’ll make sure that you receive half of the royalties. Thanks Sally x

Anonymous

I like that comment, thanks.

Anonymous

to quote Arthur Askey(never thought I’d day that).

‘I thank you, once again I thank you.’

Anonymous

No, no, the thanks are all mine.

Anonymous

Finish with this one Gill it shows our age.

Anonymous

I use thanks for posts which make me think, concerning the topic mentioned; or as a way to say “right on” or “go, girl!”  And sometimes hoping I don’t hurt any feelings by not responding.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Sally, I am from Northern Canada.  We say “excuse me”, “I’m sorry”, “Please” and “Thanks” all the time.  Politeness is part of our culture.  Glad to see it so prevalent on CDH.   It is one of the things I love about this website.  Full of caring and wonderful people.

Thank You for posing the question.  All the best,

Hugs, Krista

Hi Krista, here in England we are exacly the same, I think the average person says sorry over twenty times a day, even if there is nothing to apologise for, it has become a habit!

Politeness is in our genes, we are famous for queuing, fair play and an unusual sense of humour,

As we consider Canadians our nearest cousins I’m not surprised we share such a likeness.

Sally x

K Swim
      Lady

That link is something equal to the facebook “LIKE”.

When I click it, I am telling that person “Thank you for providing me something interesting to read”

A thank you goes a long way, if i enjoy reading some thing it is always a thanks

Anonymous

Sally. Certain words are used ad nauseum yo the extent that they lose their meaning and become diluted by overuse. Thanks, which really can mean so much and can be said with different inflections is now in that “waste pile”. AGREE, let’s get it out and save it. Save it so it again means something. “Like”, is absolutely at times more fitting.

I will read something with different responses. I may not comment at all. Is that rude? No. Words shared.  I may read something and respond (I have come to address that response to that person’s comment). But there “thanks” is not a response. I may simply say thanks, because that says it all!

Now, do not get me started on emojis!

K

Imogis bug me too Kate, privacy is one thing but we could be chatting to an Albanian people trafficer for all we know?

Sally x

My “Thanks.” are given to someone that is providing somewhat useful information pertaining to the topic at hand in the forum. I try not to just thank to be thanked that is just a waste of everyone’s time. I will almost always thank everyone posting a reply to a topic I have started. These are the People are taking the time to give me feedback/knowledge on that topic, of course I thank them it is whats called polite.  I say thank you to all for that information you give me, and just one word  helium hits!

THANKS, SR

Anonymous

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Samantha. Hmm, that’s 2 words. No need to say “thanks”. Couldn’t resist. Live your insight. Keep the quill well inked!</p>
        kate

Anonymous

Ta for that, it’s “like” definitely “woke” know what I mean, eh? Better get back to Love Island.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?