Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Usually, I would write an article for this most sacred and solemn of holidays, but events kept me busy til it was too late to get it through the process so I’m writing this forum post after watching the National Memorial Day Concert from Washington, DC. Hearing the stories of those who left healthy and came back with traumatic injuries to their brains or limbs and those who never returned bought tears to my eyes as I marveled at the sacrifices made by those who served and their families as well. Though my own dad was in Vietnam and his death was slightly hastened by exposure to Agent Orange, we were extremely fortunate to have him return home safely with no major injuries. He did, like many vets, have things he wouldn’t or couldn’t talk about with us and I know he had nightmares about it for the rest of his life.

So many of our members here at CDH served in their country’s armed services-many of them while fighting their own internal struggle to be who they truly felt themselves to be. While I never served myself, my dad, mom and brother all did and I feel a kinship with other military families. I guess there is really nothing I can say that can compare with the self-sacrifice that each of you made, so I will only say two simple words….
      THANK YOU!

Cyn

Anonymous

Thanks for such a wonderful post Cyn.

Leigh

Anonymous

Thank you Cynthia for your wonderful post.

Anonymous

I did service ….24 years…. l can identify with t.he hardship’s of those that served and those that are aways left behind  l can not watch a serimony  without crying. I salute all men & women  & their families

To all the Veterans who served in wars past and present and sadly future. My Brothers, My Sisters, I remember you all every day of my life as I climb that mountain towards our glorious re-union. I am forever indebted to you for having my back in Nam, Cambodia, Laos and the middle-east. All the Veterans of all the battles, I feel your presence and your hands upon my shoulders. I am proud to be amongst you all. My deepest regret is not being able to save and heal all of you in your hour of need. I wish I could have given every one of you a piece of my heart and my soul in those times instead of morphine and field dressings and plasma.  Be at Peace my Brothers and My Sisters.

Lady Veronica Graunwolf   –    Medic (Bac Si) US 1st Cavalry Airborne

Special thank you and Bless you Cynthia for remembering us all.   (LT. Ronald P. Short – Ret.)

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your experiences here. I’m glad that my words meant something to you! They were heartfelt and we cannot hank y’all enough for what you sacrificed!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?