• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Bobbi.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Bobbi
    Participant
    Registered On: September 13, 2018
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 1688

I’d like to take the time to tell you all what I’m thankful for.
    First, I’m thankful to be alive. As someone who remembers the Cuban Missile Crisis, I can assure you, it was quite terrifying. I’m also thankful for my wife, without whom, I’d have nobody to get into mischief with. I’m thankful for my health. I’m not as healthy as I could be, but I’m healthy enough to have a fully functional life. I’m thankful for my two adult children.
    I’m thankful that I’m free to be the girl I am without fear of imprisonment. I’m thankful for the gift of music god has given me, my twisted sense of humor, & I am thankful for all my girlfriends on CDH! I love you all, & hope you all have a truly blessed Thanksgiving.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Bobbi
      Lady
      Registered On: September 13, 2018
      Topics: 31
      Replies: 1688

I try to remember that if things  seem bad for me, there is always somebody who is going through something much more difficult than what I am going through.
      someone once told me “if we hung our troubles on the line like the washing, and a tornado was approaching, we would all race out and collect our own troubles!“.

Liara Wolfe
      Lady
      Registered On: August 14, 2021
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 793

I couldn’t have said it better Bobbi. Thanks for sharing that.

Hugs, Liara

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Holly Goodrich
      Duchess
      Registered On: April 19, 2021
      Topics: 198
      Replies: 778

Bobbi, very well expressed.   I used to pity party myself this time of year, every year.

But since I  left my (now late) SO in 2018, I’ve woken up and matured in some ways.

I used to cry, bi**h and moan over living under the poverty level.  Then, one day, I watched an older guy panhandling.  That’s not what hot to me.  However, he had cardboard tied to his feet for shoes.

The realization hit me, poleaxed me really, that compared to that poor soul, I  was living a life of luxury he could only dream about.

Since that epiphany,  the holidays seem a lot different to me.  I’m so grateful for what I have, AND I am grateful for my new (only) family here on CDH.

God Bless all of you, and may His bounty fall upon you.

Holly and Sissy

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Julia Bowie
        Lady
        Registered On: November 8, 2021
        Topics: 0
        Replies: 19

Hi Holly – I liked your comment and wanted to add that several years ago I realised that however bad things may seem there is always someone worse off. It’s a strange kind of logic and moral code to have but does help put things into context. Over the years I have visited several places in the world and seen some truly poor people.

Have a nice holiday. I live in the UK and we don’t celebrate Thanks Giving over her, but know that it is a big holiday and celebration in the US.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account