Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

So I finally had an experience never felt before.  A simple thing many of you are already so comfortable with, but for me it was a first.

A coupl of days ago I finally was able to have my hair cut after almost 5 months.  I have had two pictures of ” models ” with hair I loved.  As my regular stylist was still closed,  I, on a whim, dropped by this GreatClips I noticed.  After somewhat awkwardly showing the manager Meghan my photos and telling her ” it’s a CD thing “, she grinned, said ” oh shush “, and sat me down.  Promptly told me she was gay, talked about her wife ( a lot, actually ), and asked me about my journey.  Wow, such a chatty cute girl, and …. chatty.

This was the first time in my life I have actually sat down face to face with someone and say yes, I’m a crossdresser, and talk about it with smiles and laughter.  I told her I wanted my hair looking nice for my ‘ girlfriend’, and she was asking another CD?  A TG?  ( my ‘girlfriend’ is CDH, so I said yes ).  Such an eager girl, wanting to hear all about me!  After she trimmed the frizz, as she put it and finished up, I think I floated out the door!!  Never in all my years ….. just thinking ” the hell with it, I’m saying it ” and having a mind shifting experience.  A step long taken by many of you, but for me it was like learning to walk!

I promptly went shopping, picking up 2 skirts, 2 bras and the cutest red dress.  The cashier even commented on how she liked the dress, and I just grinned saying I just saw it and had to have it!!  She smiled at that.  I had Never discussed any Stevie purchases like that when shopping.  Usually kept my head down and quiet….   As I again floated out the door I realized how open I suddenly felt, and I loved it.

Yet another great day, made possible by the strength I have gained from my girlfriends here ….

The only down part was arriving home and realizing I needed a new red bra to go with the dress!  Lol.

Stevie

Wow Stevie!!! That’s fantasti! 👏🏻

I’m so happy for you! I love your article title too.

Love, Stephanie ❤️t

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

wonderful story and thanks for sharing it.  Yes quite right if you have the confidence to do it,  then just do it. I’m not there yet but soon I’ll feel comfortable and hold that attitude for not too care about what other’s may think.  Just say it I’m a cder and I’m here to shop,  get a service done,  or just to be open in conversation. It you feel good about yourself that nervousness should go away…

Stephanie 🌹

Steph

I’ve met you and your personality, you CAN do it. Kick your own butt and be out there

Liv

Stephanie Flowers
          Ambassador

😉……its easy when with beautiful ladies like yourself,  but yes let’s do it out there too…😘 I’m getting there…🌷

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Stevie.  Just another example that most negative sinereios are in our heads and only in our heads.  Your experience, like so many here, was not just positive but unbelievably positive!  I love CDH because I have found so much similar positive experiences.  I hope soon to be experience my own hair experience.

Again thank you, thank you, thank you.   Sandy

Way to go Stevie, thats alot of good happenings and encounters out of one small step. So, now you’ll have to go back out shopping for a red bra, oh darn lol

Perhaps try and have that hairdresser added to the CDH listing of CD/TG friendly places as well so others can give them a go there feeling a bit more sure of acceptance.

That was definitely not a small step Stevie.  Congratulations on how it all worked out.  It was Karma for you to have to go to another salon, and get the attention of that one stylist, for it to all work.

I don’t know if you have been out for a facial makeover yet or not, but, I would suggest, seeing how the hair cut sent you shopping, take only as much cash as you need for the facial and a nice tip.  The pink fog will devour your debit card.

PaulaF

What a fabulous day you had girl. Was it a unisex haircut and something you can share with us? I had a Dorothy Hamel wedge cut years ago and just loved it when it was in style. Congrats

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

It was just a bit of a trim Deborah.  My hair wasn’t long enough for the style I wanted, and wearing a mask is prohibitive when doing a hair do.

That style ( I love it ), will be my wig.  Next big purchase.

Anonymous

Way to go, Stevie!  And I know the feeling.  After letting my hair grow for 6 months, I went to Ulta and asked what could be done with it.  The result is in my icon, and I was on Cloud 9 when I saw it.  I think my outside now looks like the girl on the inside; how about you?

Hugs,

Bettylou

Bravo Stevie!! Sounds like an incredibly positive and empowering experience for you 😘

Hi Stevie!

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

Did I mention I think that your experience was awesome?

I’m very happy for you Stevie!

Hugs,

Autumn

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?