Tagged: ,

• This topic has 23 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Hippie
      Lady

Hello to whom it may concern;

I may not be a new person here. But I never took the time to introduce myself. I really don’t know what to write here. So I’m just going to wing it. Here it goes.

Let’s start off by my name is Hippie and been wearing for over 30 years. I’m married and she knew about my crossdressing before we started dating seriously. I told her right up front and I was not hiding it from her. Like I did from my first wife. So I told her about the how, the whens and the whys on how I got started. She was all for it. She said “That’s who you are and I like you even more for telling me in beginning. Thank you for not hiding it from me.” So I have a very supporting woman. We been married now for 6 years now and happy as can be.

Now on to me. I’m kinda different kind of crossdresser. I don’t try to look female. I’m happy being me. I mix and match men’s and women’s clothing. I guess you would call it adrogous.

Now I went through what everyone else has. Like denial, shame, confusions, purged, binge shopped and out right tried to quit cold Turkey. We all know that don’t work. I’m here ain’t I and so are you.

I was somewhere in my 30’s when something hit me. You know what that was. It was I don’t give a crap what other people think.

Slowly I started buying panties again and then other lingerie. Then when I was totally comfortable with them. I started buying outer ladies clothing. Such as skirts, dresses, blouses and etc.

But I learned some things along that time of transition. Like I make a real ugly woman. I don’t like how I look as a woman. I hate bras, can’t stand them torture devices. I find them totally uncomfortable and unbearable to wear. I don’t like wearing makeup, but from time to time I do like my nails painted. I also found out I don’t care for high heels.

So I found a way that I can be man and wear women’s clothing. To top it off I look good doing it. I took advice from everyday women. That I see everyday in life. They mix and match men’s with women’s clothing all the time and look good doing it.

So that’s what I do. Like I would wear a long gold maxi skirt, a black men’s Kiss tee shirt and some old worn out men’s work boots. I also would wear my men’s jeans with a Victoria’s secret sweatshirt. I also wear leggings all the time.

So you get the idea. Women do it so why can’t I. I dress like this everyday unless I need to wear a suit and tie or need to look professioal.

So there you have it a tidbit of my life being a crossdresser. Hope you enjoyed it.

Hippie

Dear Hippy….first of all Happy New Year! It is good you’ve come back to us……..welcome.

To me….if you want and like to be a full blown cross dresser, that is wonderful. But, as you illiterate, we are a “Varied Species”…..that is to say….we all dress from just one item to many items. We all dress to suit our needs and whims as we like. That is what makes us happy and that is what is important to us. I don’t always go out en femme to the hilt, probably more often I am just half dressed so to speak. Doing laundry in my Apt. building, I often just wear leggings and my army blouse(shirt) and slippers. I never go “combat”, always wear undies!

Anyway……everyone should be themselves and enjoy.

Lady Veronica.

Hi Hippie and Happy New Year!

Like you, I have incorporated a lot more mixed mens’ and womens’ clothing into what I wear every day, even though I still love getting all dolled up sometimes.

For example, I like wearing my knee high riding boots with my girl jeans and a unisex sweater when going out in town.  It looks and feels great!  I also wear running clothes from Athleta since I prefer the cut of women’s tanks, tights, and jackets – they look and feel great!  Even at work I am most often wearing unisex looking women’s shoes or boots.

Like Veronica, I practically live in leggings but have yet to wear a skirt or dress outside unless I am en femme.

XOXO,

Zoe

Patty Phose
      Duchess

My first foray into dressing in public was wearing pantyhose with shorts. I thought my look needed improving. I wanted to show off more leg so I began wearing short women’s shorts over my pantyhose. That was better but my footwear was boring. I liked some of the shoes girls wore. I wanted something that looked nice would help enhance the appearance of my legs but not be too feminine and sexy.

I had kind of longish hair back then too. I was one of those who could raise the question, “is that a guy of a girl?” In my shiny tan pantyhose, short girls shorts and girl’s shoes I could see where there was those who thought I might be a girl, especially when out dressed that while shopping for and buying more pantyhose, shorts and shoes.

Although it wasn’t my preferred choice, there was also times I would just go out in pantyhose with my guy shorts and shoes. That was boring, not as much fun and a lot less thrilling but at times more appropriate. Then of course there was times and circumstances where not dressing even partly fem was required.

I was gender bending, from being totally guy to almost girl. One day while I was dressed almost girl and buying a bunch of pantyhose. A girl behind me noticed what I was wearing and buying. She was intrigued and wondered why I didn’t wear other girl’s clothes too. With her help, encouragement and clothes she bought for me I moved up to dressing fully fem and wearing all those wonderful fantasy clothes girls wore.

I’m sure I would have moved past androgynous to full all out crossdresser without her eventually. I was moving that way. Still she hurried the process along.

Anonymous

I have mentioned in previous posts that I sport facial hair most of the time because I look like I have no upper lip (without lipstick anyway) and my wife has only seen me clean-shaven a few times (I was testing the waters and also wanted to see how I looked totally made up without it) and seems to prefer me with facial hair.

I am currently reluctantly androgynous, I suppose.

My goatee has been getting smaller and shorter of late and I am preparing to give being clean-shaven a go. I am also still trying to find a way to come out to my wife about dressing but as some here know, am reluctant to do so.

Anyway, my personal preference would be to present as feminine as possible when dressed since I kind of think I actually look better that way. I have never tried heels or platforms and don’t believe I would like them and I am six feet tall already anyway.

This post is already getting too long, so I’ll just say that I have no problem with anyone dressing in any manner that makes them comfortable and feel how they like. I just would prefer a more feminine look for myself.

Tricia Lynn

Ohh, Tricia…

I’ve just sneaked a look at you photo you posted… you look lovely without facial hair! You have a great top lip and should make more of it! In fact your SO should be aware of your prettiness as a Sister!
        Facial hair is anathema to me in any case… I have been wet shaving since I was a teenager and have alway abhorred facial hair even if the current fashion is bearded be different!!!
        Ever see David with a beard?

Shave and be free, Sister! Hugs Polly

Anonymous

[postquote quote=442172]
          Hello Polly,

A lot has happened to me since this post (three years ago!?!). I came out to my wife six months ago and it didn’t go well at all. I will save you the details, but I did make a few posts about it.

Thanks so much for your compliments! I used to have several pics posted here but deleted all but the one after my disastrous coming out. I don’t visit here too often anymore, but it’s still nice to see what’s going on occasionally.

Take care and hugs,

Tricia

First time I’ve every wanted to swear with glee at a post.  I actually almost wanted to quit this site because I felt I didn’t really belong or that there weren’t enough David Bowie fans lol.  Thanks for that for laying that out, Hippie.  Hugs – Terrisa

Hippie
        Lady

[quote quote=80527]First time I’ve every wanted to swear with glee at a post. I actually almost wanted to quit this site because I felt I didn’t really belong or that there weren’t enough David Bowie fans lol. Thanks for that for laying that out, Hippie. Hugs – Terrisa[/quote]

“I don’t care what anybody says; I like doing it, and it’s what I shall continue to do.” ― David Bowie

I’m only beginning to find my way, but much of what you’ve expressed has also been part of my thinking. I do like wigs and one of the reasons is that I’m bald and I hate being bald. And I do like female hair styles. I only have one wig right now, but expect to get more. I’ve often thought of mixing outfits with female attire and have been doing a little bit of that. I worked show NYE this week where costuming (a la Burning Man style) was encouraged and planned to go androgynous which my wife was good with at first, but became resistant. She did see me in wig, leggings, and a sweet top. So she knows I’m interested in going that direction, but she doesn’t realize how strong that desire is in me. I’ve been dropping hints for a while. I have also run some of your exact thinking through my head and haven’t totally abandoned it. I’m exploring. Makeup is tough, but whether I do it regularly or not, I still have a need to know makeup as I’m a portrait photographer and I work with makeup artists all the time and the more I know and understand, the better I can direct them for my shoots. Other things such as shaving my face, legs etc, I don’t mind and find I love to shave as much as I can. I’ve believed for a time now that with the right mix, my androgynous look works and expect to explore that further. It may be enough. It is important that I feel confident in my look, whether it’s with a mix or full on femme as I do love the feel of a dress, etc.

Terrissa. Count me in as a Bowie fan. For the past couple of years I’ve been covering a tour called Celebrating David Bowie when it comes through the SF bay area. It’s a band made up of many artists who worked with David and a myriad of guests as they rotate out on vocals and perform from the Bowie catalog. It’s one of my favorite shows I regularly hit and one of the things I got from that early on is that David kind of made it OK to let your freak flag fly. He was one of the first….gave full permission if one needed it. The tour starts up again in a week or two and will be in Europe for a spell before hitting the US. Don’t know if they hit Canada, but worth looking into if you’re a big Bowie fan.

That’s awesome Stella!  There is that one picture of Bowie and Jagger in bed together seemingly naked that is implanted in my brain and that has acted as a source of inspiration (because of the times when it was taken) to say I’ll do as I feel as long as it does no harm.

That Bowie quote is spot on and so true.  I’ll be looking out for that tour and hopefully it does come to Canada so Terrisa can go to honour the man that made a difference in my life.

Hugs – Terrisa

Peta Mari
            Lady

What… David Bowie fans. This is way to over the top for me… im outta here.

“***Sarcasm alert.***”

Christy
          Lady

bowie fan also. Especially like some of his acting, too.

Thank you so much …. this is what I try to do.. Sat here right now in a rugby shirt body con dress just above the knee and tights. I am not brave enough to do that outside just yet but I regularly wear skinny jeans or a kilt out and about. I felt that you were expected to wear make up and breasts…. these would look silly on me because  I hate my face without a beard and makeup doesn’t really work… eyeliner occasionally but not much more. I know we are not alone but thank you for confirming it!!

LOVE IT!

Thanks for sharing Hippie.

Exactly what I have ‘morphed’ into.

Started off aspiring to the full on fem, wig, boobs, be Bianca, not my male self,

However as I wanted to do it more and more I realised androgyny was the way forward. And I am now far more comfortable wearing women’s clothes in public. Still a bit ‘are they aren’t they’ from others perspective. Women’s jeans, tees, sneakers, sweaters, jackets etc. So much better fitting, more colourful, little embellishments etc. Just yesterday wore my woman’s fur lined and trimmed aviator jacket to work, so comfy and cosy, and stylish🤣 Noticed the zip goes up diagonally on women’s ones and straight on the male version, wonder if anybody else noticed! Also now keep the body hair to a minimum, look after my nails, brows etc, and smell much better🤣 Keep trying to push the limits little by little. I run a lot, and in these cold winter months my women’s running leggings ( sometimes two pairs) keep the muscles warm.

I do still enjoy getting my full Bianca on from time to time, wig, make up, dress/skirt and some heels, indoors only😢 All dressed up and nowhere to go😭

❤️Bianca

Hippie
        Lady

See I had to learn the hard way. The best role models I had were the real genetic women. These women were my girlfriends, friends, wife and everyday women walking on the street.

These are women are the ones that really found the real Hippie and they don’t even know what they did.

Hippie

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Hippie, I wear androgynous clothing all the time.  And more often than not, I pass for female.  That’s primarily because I have very long hair (well past my bra strap), no Adam’s apple, very little facial or body hair, a round baby face (even though I’m 66 yrs old), only 5′ 8″, with a slight build.  My wife hates that I am mistaken for female often and also that I don’t mind it.  I did answer yes to your poll BUT when I wear androgynous clothing I tend to look female more so than male (even when I’m not even trying to look female).  I think it is also because CIS females in the part of the world where we live tend to wear androgynous clothing (we have six months of winter, four months of mixed weather and maybe two months of summer).  Stay healthy, stay safe, Hugs, Krista.

[postquote quote=442356]
      So True Hippie, guess that’s more like me now, more like a genetic woman. Travel to work, grocery shopping etc (well not much else to do just now😭) in clothes from womenswear but jeans, pants, sneakers, tees, sweaters, jackets, basically things you can get in menswear, but women have so much more variety, better fits, more expressive clothes. Little embellishments on he pockets of jeans, buttons, asymmetrical cuts, bursts of colour, spandex to make fitted items stretchy etc etc. I think I look better so I feel better.

I do have a very slim feminine(what the tough guys would call weedy🤣)physique, not much muscles up top, all my best muscles are from the waist down, so think women’s fitted clothes just suit me better, and starting to care less what others think.

Most generic women keep the heels, dresses, full make up for special occasions, parties, nights out etc. All I have to do now is find somewhere I can Party in full glam Bianca mode-I have some gorgeous night out clothes.  I just party myself indoors whenever I get the chance😂☹️💃💅

Realised grocery shopping in stilettos is just wrong, well for me anyway, not stopping others, live and let live❤️Bianca

Hippie
        Lady

See you get it. I think the best cross dressers are able to mimic and blend in.

Like GG’s don’t wear a cocktail dress to go food shopping or clean the house

Anonymous

Very thought-provoking post, Hippie. I seem to be moving in that direction, though I’m not sure it qualifies as androgynous; every item I own is women’s, not all is obviously so. I recently began wearing leggings and pull-up pants when not presenting as Bettylou; and sometimes girly tops, also. My earrings and hair also tilt in a femme direccion, and I find I don’t really care what others think about how I look. I do like my bras, though, and I do have “something” to put in them.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Welcome Hippie!

Anonymous

I have just recently been introduced to the term androgynous. As a Closet Girl I tend to embrace the classic feminine presentation such as breast/ bra, the 3” high heels, wigs. I really can’t comment on makeup or painted nails but I would like to try a full Makeover at least once. I’m fairly confident that if I were to step out of my Closet I would fully embrace the Androgynous look of mixing. As a Closet Girl I do my best to keep things completely separate. In Man-Mode I dress masculine. When in Girl-Mode I dress feminine. I use a wig and breastforms mainly for photos. But I could easily see myself dressed in femme fashion without makeup and forms strutting through the Mall in a pair of Mary Jane heels and Leggings while sporting my goatee

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?