Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Good morning Ladies!  I am mystified at some of the amazing pics I’ve seen here.  I’m a lost cause when it comes to selfies which is, honestly, part of the reason why I was hoping to meet some ladies in my neck of the woods – to take some pics of me dressed to impress.  I have a good sized shipment of new items coming in and would love to have some pics taken but having tried a number of times over the years I’m obviously doing something wrong.

I would very much appreciate any tips and tricks and, of course, any offer of assistance.  One thing I’m hoping to find here is a girlfriend with whom I can share all the help and support we have to offer one another.  NOT looking for any sort of intimate relationship but a real girlfriend with whom I can trade beauty and fashion adventures with and maybe, when things get somewhat back to normal, a real girl’s night out.

Stay beautiful girls!

Kassie
      Lady

I personally use a selfie stick, and putting my cam on a timer. My fingers are so clumsy, if I didn’t do that, all my pics would end up blurry 😛

Mary Francis
      Duchess

Henrietta,

I put my camera on a tripod, set the timer and pose.  Set the timer and pose again, and again and again.  Eventually There are a few that I find acceptable.

Mary

Anonymous

I used to try taking photos too, I always found it too awkward. I usually have someone take them when I’m in the mood. I have a whole collection I’ll never post because the quality (lighting, resolution etc. are awful!) I eventually invested in a good quality digital and when I can be bothered, I actually found filming myself yields better results, you can farm through the footage quicker and easier too. And pull ‘stills’ from there. A lot of professional studios now do the same technique!

Maybe that will help! ?

Thanks!

This is exactly what I was going to recommend. I have taken lots of action photos like this while mountain biking. I can find the perfect shot where I am at the highest point in the air of a jump and do a screenshot. Dressing can work the same way by doing different smiles and looks at the camera, different poses, whatever. You can, possibly, get several good shots from one short video.

Hi Henrietta, Teralynn here. Welcome to our wonderful online community. You will not have any problem getting help here or finding friends that you can share ideas and experiences with. Finding one near you that you might occasionally get together with might be a little more difficult Luv but the site does have a feature you can use to locate other crossdressers that might be close to you. So don’t despair, just stay active here. If I can ever be of service please feel free to contact me through this site and let me know how I can help. A post on my home profile page wall or a private message will get the fastest response. By the way, your profile picture (if that is you) is lovely so if it is not a selfie get the person who took it to take some more. – Blessings from Teralynn

Thanks so much!  It is technically a selfie but I used the FaceApp for Android to feminize my picture.  I was actually pleased with it but I don’t think it would do much good for full length photos.  I was surprised to notice that I look a LOT like the very first girl I ever had a crush on (she was, in fact, the first girl I ever went on a date with back when we were 13).  I don’t know what that means and I’ll leave it to the psychologists to figure out but I can also see a bit of my wife AND my daughter in it.  A good reminder that we are ALL related at some point in our family trees so there should never be hate in our hearts towards others.

Well said Henrietta! Hate is a destroyer. Acceptance and compassion are bridge builders and healers! – Blessings from Teralynn

I have a DSLR and point & shot cameras (same brand). The point & shot is quite a bit newer. It has an associated app that runs on my iPhone and I use that for control. I mount the camera in portrait position on a tripod, trip the shutter from the iPhone, the 10 second delay starts and I pose.

The photos turn out well except for my facial expression. That is a work in progress…

My DSLR with a 10 sec timer and a 10 photo burst with a 2-3 second delay between each shot.

Snap off a few, re-evaluate lighting, angles, poses, repeat. Hundreds of photos  and many hours later your bound to find a handful you’ll be happy with.

I tried playing around with selfies with my phone and was seldom happy with the results, but if that’s the only option than set yourself up with some good natural lighting filled in with some indoor lighting from the front and/or sides, try and avoid overhead lighting unless it’s way way overhead otherwise it casts too many shadows.

Thank you SO much Samantha!.  Not just for the advice but for being the moving force behind this site!  I certainly would have never thought about a forum like this but it’s such a simple and wonderful idea.  While I’ve fully accepted who I am it never crossed my mind that there were so many folks in the same boat as me.  Thanks for giving us an online home!

H

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?