We all experience our own femininity differently. Which do you value more?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • The appearance
  • The life experience
  • Both appearance & experience are equally valuable
  • No stock answers here, I like something else!
Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Heather Jameson
      Participant
      Registered On: April 1, 2019
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 272

Dressing just makes me feel like the real me.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Auroras Livingfem
      Participant
      Registered On: May 22, 2020
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 2

Hi to all sisters of the world I’m just getting to know and learn from one of each before I joined every time I had an opportunity to read all those stories it give me help how to get inside CDH  but maybe some years with this technology which I’m new the more I try to get someone to help me how to use an email or afraid of sending wrong information or real names but at the same time I feel we all together on  CDH I thank Vanessa for opening a window to share a little bit of each of us to anyone who read it our sister Charlene said Her which would be having a makeover while back I read another sister saying ULTA COSMETICS offers free of charge for buying their products which today I ask my wife why one time she got products there she would have a free makeover, she said I didn’t know so when this pandemic starts letting us visiting them I going to take my wife and having an open conversation I can have myself an also extra makeover (now only have to convince my wife) the company wants your business so that’s my next goal first time I learn they’re open for business, good luck there Charlene happy dressing out there. Auroras

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Charlene Victoria
      Participant
      Registered On: November 29, 2016
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 60

As I have matured and have for all practical purposes laid aside the idea of transition I have come to embrace a “blended me”. Slowly but surely I have noticed about myself that it is no longer “man self” vs “femme self”. I am me. I have worked out my own being in my heart as, “I am a woman tasked with male responsibilities by virtue of my God given male body.” With this understanding of self I no longer experience the same guilt and shame experienced previously as I fought my feminine urges and desires.  To meet the need of others, because of my love for them and God, I am content to function as a male. However in that capacity I embrace certain feminine things that give me contentment while not taking from the male that others need me to be. Wherein in the past I fought hard to be “all male” feeling so shameful and guilty that I would even want to be a woman, now I do not. I give others the male they need; I give myself a bit of femininity to meet my need.

However when I do find the opportunity to dress, peace and inner fulfillment flood over me. As so many of you know there is nothing like it on our male side. Dressing changes me. I can finally put off the old man and be totally me; the woman I know that I am. I act differently, I think differently, I feel differently.  I love being me and nothing in my male life comes close to that experience.

I have never had the privilege of having a feminine hair style nor the privilege of having my face skillfully made up to bring out my best feminine features while hiding my maleness as much as practically possible. It is a goal of mine. I shall do so. But for the time being what I experience when dressed as much as I can is nirvana.

When that day comes that I, Charrie,  am finally able to have the hair and face of my dreams no doubt emotions will overwhelm me. I will cry, floods of giddy joy, will require that my makeup will have to be done again.

For me it is both. The appearance of my feminine self; the putting away of my male self, even if it be but briefly,  creates unmatched experience for the male me. A complete transformation accompanied with going public would be the zenith of life experience for me.

Jennifer Heels
      Participant
      Registered On: December 11, 2019
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 59

When younger it was all about the appearance.. loved wearing suntan pantyhose and high heels. But then the older i get the more it is about the experience of being a woman. Dressing up and movement. And now it is appearance and experience combined as I think the appearance if done right leads to a better experience if that makes sense.

Jennifer

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Molly Katherine
      Participant
      Registered On: April 27, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 5

For me, it’s the experience. One of the reasons I love the clothes so much is because of the shopping experience that women have. It’s a way to pamper yourself in a way that I wouldn’t as a man.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Alison Anderson
      Participant
      Registered On: October 15, 2018
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 139

I thought the answer was obvious.  It’s about the experience.  After all, I’m happy to dress at home with no forms, no makeup, and doing nothing with my hair.  I like the feel of the clothes, I like the way a skirt moves when I move.  I’m not worried about how I look, because I look like a guy wearing women’s clothing.  And I feel calmer when dressed in a top and skirt.  That’s experience too, isn’t it?

But when I go out, even for a walk around the block, I want to get somewhat of an appearance.  Makeup might consist of a little foundation and beard cover, and sometimes with a little bit of contouring on some facial lines.  I will always have forms in, and usually wear a wig.  I can get away with clip-in bangs because my hair is long enough, but the wig helps change my face.  I’ll wear sunglasses if I am going out around the block, but probably won’t if I go shopping locally.  I’m not particularly pretty, but I do look feminine.  Nowadays, wearing a mask covers enough areas that I don’t even need makeup when shopping.

I am doing this far more often than for an evening out when I’ll put on a lot more makeup. But for daytime walks or shopping, am I doing this for appearance, or am I doing this so I can have the experience of walking outside dressed in female clothing, and most of the time in a skirt or dress?

(You can see why I hate surveys.  The answers are always sometime, it depends, what do you mean by that, ….)

And if I’m dressing because it makes me comfortable, I’m not even sure if this falls under experience or no stock answers, because it is more complicated.  I’m just going to have to pick the no stock answers, because I think it is much more than either experience or appearance.

Olivia Livin
      Participant
      Registered On: October 22, 2018
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 1264

The experience for sure.

Janet williams
      Participant
      Registered On: January 4, 2018
      Replies: 36

I love the experience and will and often do visit guys and sleep with them

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Leonara
      Ambassador
      Registered On: October 13, 2015
      Replies: 312

Emily Alt,
      My sentiments too… When I dress I feel I am expressing my true self …

Emily Alt
      Participant
      Registered On: August 24, 2019
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 176

In the past it would have been appearance. It was all about the clothes, especially lingerie. I was comfortable in my closet, and had no desire to cross social boundaries in public. That ended about 3 years ago.

Since I started identifying as gender-fluid, life experience has been my motivation. When I present as female, I want to experience living as a woman. Appearance is important. But I need the physical, emotional, and mental aspects too. My experience leaves me feeling at ease. It’s authentic and I can see it becoming my new normal.

The convenience of living as a guy still has some appeal. It’s the reason I don’t identify as trans. The next few years will be interesting.

Thanks for the though provoking poll Samantha.

Emily

Kathryn Lynn
      Participant
      Registered On: October 10, 2016
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 58

Me too, Betty Lou

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Ellie Hope
      Participant
      Registered On: October 3, 2019
      Replies: 61

Both for me and I feel they reinforce each other. Even when I need to be in guy mode, I still want to express to all my female side, so I like to wear some makeup, jewelry, and often girl shorts and top. And I also find that when I can dress fully, it amps up the girl inside.

Kelly Ann
      Participant
      Registered On: February 24, 2020
      Replies: 65

My Feminine experience starts with dressing complete bra and panties a nice mini dress and my boots of course it’s then make up time a light foundation wet eye shadow with my eye liner and false lash mascara matching my lipstick with my eyes.Finally do my hair and some nice jewelry and not forgetting my feminine smell.And that’s the best Experience ever from my feminine 💜

Hugs and kisses

Kelly Ann

💋❤💋❤

Jannie Murry
      Participant
      Registered On: October 15, 2019
      Replies: 52

There’s just something about how I change when I am dressed en femme My thoughts are different and the way that I act and go about my life seems easier. When I see myself in the mirror dressed in a short skirt and a blouse that shows cleveage and I’m in full makeup with my honey blonde shoulder length wig on is when I am the happiest I’m ready to escape from my masculine life and enter into my feminine life to do what girls do when they are out there shopping or just being out there among other girls

Paula F
      Participant
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Replies: 340

From the time I was first dressed by my sister at 5 yrs old, somehow I knew I was a girl.  I had never heard of crossdressing, tranvestism or whatever they were calling it back then, I just knew I should be in a dress or at least some of my sister’s pink shorts and tops.  I had no idea or temptation for makeup back then, it was all about feeling and acting like a girl and doing girl things that was important.

At about 10 or so, appearance began to edge to the front ever so slightly.  Mom let me wear my hair long (it was the late 60’s then), so a pretty barrette or hair bow were essential for me to wear as I rode my bike just about everywhere, so I needed to keep my hair in place and combed like my sister, which really did make me feel pretty at the same time.  I loved having it blowing back as I sped around on that bike.

Eventually puberty slammed into me hard and it took some serious experimentation to hide ‘things’ that changed my appearance.  From there, I started testing with moms makeup, because she had so much and sis would notice if I had gotten into hers.  I was even already shaving my legs by then too since sis did also.  Lost some serious blood the first few times until I could calm myself down enough to do it right.

At 15, I met my very first man crush, and my whole world changed and nearly fell apart before I could get control of my emotions and outlook on my life.  It all just seemed very natural for me to like him (he was older, btw.) and I wanted desperately for him to notice me and see me as the girl I was becoming.

With his help and teaching, my appearance changed dramatically as well as how I saw and felt about myself.  Some of the experience I gained with him was shopping at a boutique owned by a friend of his, how to dance, and so many other things I needed to learn.

So I answered experience and experience are equally important, but one should not outweigh the other, but they often do, with one moving ahead for a bit and the other taking its turn to lead at different times.  But both are very important to our well being and happiness.

PaulaF

Sandy Craig
      Participant
      Registered On: March 18, 2018
      Replies: 186

It is the Sum of All.

Becoming Sandy seems to make me whole. Does this fill some void I have ???-Likely so. A long time ago I stopped worrying and trying to figure out why I enjoy my fem side and embrace it. Appears to be working for me and I have no plans to change. A simple day out doing regular errands, meeting friends or going to some event is a two thumbs up day.

Sandy

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Stephanie Kennedy
      Participant
      Registered On: March 15, 2019
      Replies: 364

Most here have said it. When i look more feminine I feel more feminine. It can be simple things like putting on lip stick or putting on mascara and eye liner. Having a smooth hair less body helps me feel more feminine. Cute, sexy panties with a little touch of sweet perfume always adds to the excitement of feeling more feminine. It is what we all have in common just wanting to feel cute and pretty sometimes or all the time. Luv Stephanie

Jazz Fem
      Participant
      Registered On: December 28, 2018
      Topics: 32
      Replies: 428

To be honest with you I really do not have an answer it’s something that I felt like doing since I was a young child I just can’t even put into words how I feel when I transformed myself from male to female my whole persona changes I just feel so soft and sweet and enjoy the rare moments I get to be Jasmine

Bettylou Cox
      Participant
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 1006

Isn’t that interesting. My wife, who is mostly non-supportive about my dressing, has said hat when I’m in Melissa mode I’m much nicer.

Remember that nursery rhyme about girls:  Sugar and spice and everything Nice?   Must be true.

DeeAnn Hopings
      Participant
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Replies: 360

It is the peace that comes from knowing that I am doing what I need to be doing…

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Darla Adams
      Participant
      Registered On: April 17, 2020
      Replies: 16

Very well written Laura

Deborah Sullivan
      Participant
      Registered On: February 27, 2020
      Replies: 99

Yes the appearance in the mirror after makeup and putting together an outfit is still a thrilling experience which triggers behavior and mannerisms. Now I can enjoy body movements, walking, talking and behaving as the girl I am. Maybe its the pink fog but a personality shift takes place with most of us I have noticed

Laura Lovett
      Participant
      Registered On: March 26, 2020
      Replies: 103

Hi Sammy

It’s become all about the life experience, but it started out with the imagination – what would those garments feel like to wear, I bet they feel lovely, I can just imagine… Too easily!

Hooked on the sensation before I’d even tried them, but hooked by the look by a fraction.

The order of thought was always “That looks lovely, I bet it feels lovely too”.

Then I discovered that the clothing felt even more lovely than I could imagine – and I have a vivid imagination.

Sexy at first – but that’s lingerie for you. It’s designed to be sexy.

Having tasted life en femme, it’s sensuous, not sexy. All the senses seem to be sharper, more finely tuned, and, even, more under control.

The blissful calm of putting on and admiring a lovely outfit never seems to get old.

Anxiety seems to fade away – there’s more time for thinking clearly, for enjoying the moment – more time for living.

As someone who has battled depression in the past, the opportunities I’ve had for living en femme, while brief, have been a shot of positivity, of real confidence in myself and faith and hope for the future, no religion required for this gel.

Reminds me of a film that really moved me when I was younger – Living Free (sequel to Born Free).

As I spent the first 2.5 years of my life in Kenya, that film really touched me deeply, aged 8. Surrounded by my mother’s paintings of lions and other African animals, he movie had great significance.

The titles apply to all of us.

Love Laura

Araminta Purdy
      Participant
      Registered On: January 23, 2020
      Replies: 88

Is not the appearance the fundamental element of the experience? Is not the experience based on the creation of the appearance? I would think the two were inextricably entwined. They interact, one creating the other. Almost ‘chicken and egg’ as to which came first. Whichever, I’ll bet that the other followed pretty soon after.

Araminta.

Alice Underwire
      Participant
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Replies: 1076

Hi Sam,

A great thought provoking question!

The appeararence and life experience go without saying but there is more.  The sparkle of your outfit, the aroma of your perfume, the click-clack of your heels, the swish of your skirt or dress, the breeze on your legs, the tug from your handbag on your arm, your hair on your shoulders or the back of your neck, the softness of the fabric of your blouse/top ….  Well, you get the idea.

I had to answer something else.

Alice

melissa la quinta
      Participant
      Registered On: September 29, 2016
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 84

Isn’t that interesting. My wife, who is mostly non-supportive about my dressing, has said hat when I’m in Melissa mode I’m much nicer.

Bettylou Cox
      Participant
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 1006

Mostly the  look, I think; but I want to look like a girl because I feel like a girl.  Besides, Bettylou is a nicer person, and better company than my other side.

T.J. Byron
      Participant
      Registered On: October 18, 2018
      Replies: 142

Yes, Ladies…everyone of us have same/ similar thoughts on the subject.

Always great to hear the thoughts and process.Interesting how similar we all arrive at our conclusions…

Dr.T.J.

Tricia Lynn
      Participant
      Registered On: November 20, 2017
      Replies: 60

There’s nothing like looking at the woman in the mirror after the “transformation” is complete.

Danielle Wayne
      Participant
      Registered On: December 2, 2017
      Replies: 7

I love to look and dress like a woman as much as I can (would do it all the time if possible).  But I feel like a woman all the time, even though my shell is that of a man.

Kathryn Lynn
      Participant
      Registered On: October 10, 2016
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 58

I love all aspects of being Kathryn!

Darla Adams
      Participant
      Registered On: April 17, 2020
      Replies: 16

I could not agree more Patty the look and feel of dressing is above and beyond the best. I am very happy now that I have accepted my fem lifestyle and no longer care what narrow minded people think. Keep your stocking seams straight and enjoy the lifestyle. Hugs to all Darla

Patty Phose
      Participant
      Registered On: May 7, 2016
      Replies: 1141

Two things love most about dressing is how I look and how it makes me feel.

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account