• Creator
    Topic
    stephanie plumb
    Participant
    Registered On: November 17, 2018
    Topics: 97
    Replies: 893

“WATCH OUT!!!!    I hit the brakes.  I was just about to rear end the car in front that had stopped at the lights.   Phheeww!  That was close.

Why?  Was I inattentive? On my mobile?    Half asleep? Day dreaming about CDH?

No.  It was the lovely young blonde girl walking on the pavements fault. She was stunning. She was wearing a dark emerald green thin-cord mini skirt, opaque tights and black suede ankle boots.  I barely noticed anything else, it was all about the skirt.

She took my breath away ————- and my eyes off the road.

I wished I could look like her.  In my dreams!  But  ….. the green cord mini skirt? That I could do, or something similar. I just had to have one!

So later a trawl through Amazon clothes.  Nothing. No joy. Disappointment.  So I did a google search …..  and eventually hit the jackpot!

French Connection were advertising a “Bayou Green” cord skirt, reduced from £65 to £19!   YES!!!  What a bargain!  And in my size too.   The colour was a bit darker, maybe, but close enough.  My heart was in my mouth!  With trembling fingers I threw it into my online basket and rushed thru the purchase process in case it went suddenly out of stock.

I collected it from the DPD collection point at Homebase this morning.  My excited fingers had trouble getting up the QR code I needed from my phone, which was annoyingly being a bitch.

I sat in the car – the package was beckoning me to rip it open – but I summoned up all my girlish willpower and resisted.  It wasn’t easy, I can tell you. No, I would wait until I got home. Lets not spoil the moment.

I got home.  It had to wait until I had got dressed. So I put on my best bra and panties, my favourite blonde wig, Size DD forms, hoop earings, pendant necklace, three inch heeled chunky ankle boots, and a white/blue/green stripy jumper with lurex sparkles in the green stripes.

I logged on to CDH ready to share with you my excitement … or disappointment?

So there it is beside me, unopened.    The time has come.  I pick it up and open up the bag and reach inside ………

Stephanie P 😉

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Amanda Burton
      Participant
      Registered On: January 15, 2020
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 353

Stephanie, you know your going to bin it sweetie, it’s a negative already.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Amy Myers
      Participant
      Registered On: February 11, 2019
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 1074

I don’t have one either, but you wonderful post makes me think about it! One sees these beautiful young women wearing clothes which look fabulous on them, and I go through what you and another poster said, I try to find a similar item, usually without success.

Amy

2 users thanked author for this post.
      stephanie plumb
      Participant

I promised Grace I would let her know about the skirt…..

So, bursting with anticipatory excitement I took it from it’s bag and held it up.   It’s well made with pockets back and rear and lovely dark green buttons down the front.  It is a bit darker than Grace’s emerald green, but still a pleasing colour.

But….. a purse of the lips…..  it looks a bit longer than I prefer.   I like 18″ mid thigh length mini’s.  This skirt looks to be about 20″.   Only 2″ longer, but it is a long 2″.

Will it fit?  I am a 14 in skirts due to a 34″ waist and no hips.   But sizes vary and I’ve never worn French Connection skirts before.

I pull it on  and do up the top two buttons,  which are stiff due to the quality of the garment. It fits!  Great. I swan about inspecting it from every angle, as one does. It’s high waisted and comes to just on the knee.   It’s too high waisted to hoist it up much( the belly objects), and I can only get it comfortably 1″ higher.   Mmmmm.

Still, it’ll do for the autumn and winter.

A slight disappointment then.   So 4* for the colour and quality, -1 for the length.

Oh well, live and learn. Will  it survive the next “make space” purge?   It depends on its outdoor performance this coming winter.

Stephanie P ❤

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Grace Scarlett
        Participant
        Registered On: July 26, 2020
        Topics: 22
        Replies: 585

Stephanie

Matalan are advertising cord A line skirts for £14 in a variety of colours …even pink!!! mmmm …cannot vouch for quality as I have only just seen the advert….may be worth a look….

grace xx

Amanda Burton
          Participant

Grace sweetie, the pink radar picked up your message, I find a lot Matalan stuff quite good for every day wear, but I think it’s one of those shops you need to visit and try on items rather than order on line.

Emily
      Participant
      Registered On: April 30, 2016
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 598

I have 2 cord skirts, one green and one dark blue. They are both fairly short and fit snugly on my hips. The blue one has a frayed hem that I love! I had had them for many years now. They are two of my go to skirts when I dress at home, especially in the warmer months. Enjoy! I bet you look absolutely gorgeous in it.

Krista
      Participant
      Registered On: January 24, 2017
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 237

Hi Stephanie, just when I thought my wardrobe collection was complete, you and a few others mention you have a corduroy skirt.  Now that is something I don’t have.  And now I have to have one too!!!  Let the shopping begin.  Thanks for the idea.   Oh and I loved Grace’s comment, made me laugh out loud.

Stay healthy, stay safe, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Grace Scarlett
      Participant

Stephanie

and I bet you look gorgeous!!!

It’s funny, I was walking down the street in my new emerald cord mini skirt and new black suede ankle boots, just minding my own business….haha… then there’s a squeal of brakes and spinning tyres, frightened the life out of me!!….

Smiles, grace ❤️❤️

6 users thanked author for this post.
        stephanie plumb
        Participant

Brilliant!  😊  You are sooo funny!

If I had known it was you I would have pulled over. But you must have been wearing a long straight blonde wig that day, and I was so fixated on the skirt I didn’t recognise you.   Shame, we could have had a good socially distanced chat.

Thanks for really making my day.  I can’t stop smiling! 😊

p.s. I will look out for you in future.

Stephanie P

3 users thanked author for this post.
          Grace Scarlett
          Participant

Stephanie

So glad i made you smile…..but after all that I/ we really need to know….. HOW’S the skirt???

stephanie plumb
            Participant

Grace  …..  The skirt?

Well, I will let you know shortly, once I have road tested it, so to speak.

Amanda Burton
      Participant

Gosh Stephanie, I bought a light brown cord skirt about a month ago. Absolutely gorgeous, mine finishes about 2″inches above the knee. Obviously I had to buy some new knee length black leather boots too,and a beautiful roll neck thick chunky jumper. Just got to have it, haven’t you.

Linda Rose Nygaard
      Participant
      Registered On: April 30, 2020
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 106

Yeah, I had the same thing regarding a white pleated mini-skirt, once I saw a certain woman wearing one.  I had to have it, and obsessed about that skirt day and night.  I went to lots of brick and mortar stores, but no luck.  Found lots of white minis, but no pleated ones.  Also found lots of white pleated ones, but all of them too long.

I finally googled “whited pleated mini-skirt”, something I should’ve done in the first place.  Lo and behold, several sporting goods stores with all their tennis skirts, suddenly right before my eyes.  I bought two of them.  I “customized” them by removing the panties that came with them, then substituted my own either mint green or lilac colored Vanity Fair Lace Noveau panties.

Whenever I’m outdoors and wearing one of those skirts, I get hit on by the woman next door.  That happens fairly often, since I live at the top of a hill, there’s always at least a little breeze, even on hot sultry days.

Alicen Thairms
      Participant
      Registered On: July 15, 2019
      Topics: 31
      Replies: 307

I have moments of fascination with what I see women wearing – I can’t usually get the items in my size so I just add the item to a wish-list I keep, stops me overspending – also gives me time to consider if I really need it and it wasn’t just a passing fancy.

Enjoy your new skirt 🙂

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.