• Creator
    Topic
    Jessica Wilde
    Participant
    Registered On: October 5, 2020
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 110

I love to cook and I have for a very long time now. I love making delicious meals that everyone who gets to taste them falls in love with my cooking.

I have been cooking since I was fairly young. My mom had and dad both worked and we had to fend for ourselves on many an occasion. I am 1 of 3 brothers. My dad worked shift work at a local plant and my mom ran an early childhood education center. They worked odd hours so it was on myself and my brothers to fix supper a lot of the times. This is where it started.

When I moved out on my own I started trying to perfect the recipes I had learned and began to branch out into gourmet cooking. The more I cooked, and I cooked a lot, the better I got. Everyone who tried my food loved it and this tickled me to death.

I used to make food for a job I had for 15 years. I made all sorts of different dishes and used them as my guinea pigs. They loved every bite. I was single at the time and they all told me “when you find that woman that appreciates your cooking you better marry her”.

I found that woman in my present fiancé. One of the first things I ever did for was cook her a meal. She was in dire times at that moment so I fixed her the most lavish meal I could muster and she loved it. I continued to and still continue to cook for her as much as I can. I love for her to eat a meal I have made and say how wonderful it was.

I don’t get to cook for her as much now as our lives have got very, very busy but I still love to make her a delicious meal that she loves.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      DeeAnn Hopings
      Participant
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 676

I was never taught to cook as a a child, so as an adult I taught myself. I don’t do fancy stuff as that never really appealed to me on a personal level. What I try to do is cook basic things and do them well. I can’t say that I “love” cooking, but I do really enjoy cooking for guests. It has the feeling of giving someone a very personal gift…

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Diana W
      Participant
      Registered On: July 9, 2020
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 213

My wife and I both like to cook.  But I’ve been bitten by the baking bug.  So far I’ve made pumpkin cookies and muffins.  I have chocolate chips and shaved coconut stored away so I’m looking for a few recipes.  Something about baking really brings out my feminine self.

Jessica Wilde
      Participant

Ahhhh!  I could write an essay on this iconic Scottish meal. Poems have been written about it – “Oh wee timorous beastie …  etc.”)

You take a sheep’s stomach and stuff it with the minced heart and lungs of the sheep (sometimes the liver too), combined with onions, oats or barley and some spices.  You tie up the ends and boil it for a while until it’s cooked and piping hot.

You then hack at it with a knife  until it’s insides- hot and steaming – spill out.  On Rabbie Burn’s night in January there is a whole ritual around the “Dressing of the Haggis” accompanied by bagpipe music (which sounds like a sheep being strangled)  and men with no knickers on wearing tartan skirts. They call them Kilts – a traditional Scottish garment.  Oh yes!  Scotsmen love to crossdress,  and this is totally socially acceptable all over the world!

It smells wonderful (really!) – and tastes divine (if you like that sort of thing.)  Me? I can’t get enough of it – Mc Sweens being my goto  brand.

It’s accompanied by “bashed neeps.”  Which are mashed Swede (also called Turnips everywhere except in Scotland),  and  tatties. Which are mashed potatoes in English.

Traditionally a wee dram of whisky accompanies this feast.   With Andy Stewart or The Corries playing in the background, once the Piper runs out of puff.

I also love to cook Cullen Skink – another Scottish delicacy.  You can look that one up yourself.

Stephanie P  🐑🐑🐑🐑🥔🥔🥔

Ok well count me in for a try. I’ll eat just about anything if it doesn’t try to bite me first lol.

And god bless the Scots and their skirts!

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Seren
      Participant
      Registered On: March 2, 2020
      Topics: 37
      Replies: 415

By no means a cook at your level (my wife finds it extremely frustrating/funny that I can’t really follow recipes…!) but it’s something I really enjoy. We have a weekly veg box delivery which usually means some weird things to experiment with.
      the other side (of the kitchen if you like) is how preparing food is fundamentally so simple and it’s something that I can focus on when I’m struggling with my mental health and anxiety.

hope you’re all having a peaceful relaxing Tuesday (as much as possible in the current circumstances)

seren xx

Rei Durden
      Participant
      Registered On: October 11, 2020
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 469

I find people that cook at that level of skill and competence utterly amazing, like on the same level as a talented make up artist…………its magical!

Jessica Wilde
      Participant

Thats great.

Cooking is fun. Very fun.

When i cook i feel more like a women. Dont get me wrong i do not think the womens place is the kitchen because i think women & men are equal for the most part, because i cant give birth but for some reason probley because of how i was raised & listening to a lot of older men.

But I feel more like a women. I wish i had a bigger kitchen so my fiance could help me cook but our kitchen is very small & shes a bigger women so there is no room at all. Its hard enough for just one person to prepare a meal. Let alone 2 people. I feel bad when she asks & because i love her i just say no. Praying she doesn’t ask why cant i help. I guess if we had more tray tables i could give her some stuff to cut up.

I like to cook from scratch when i have time.

She cooks from no recipe.

I cook from recipes i find on Pinterest & i have been told your a great cook baby. I play it off because its a recipe. I think anyone can do it if they follow it right. But im learning to accept the words.

But now i seem to be the one cooking. Lol

Thanks for the post.

It was fun & im glad to hear your cooking it up.

Yours Truly Anna.

Put your own spin on the recipes. I use recipes as a general guide and put my knowledge of cooking into each recipe. I have learned what we like and incorporate it into recipes that sound good but might be missing a little something. Use your creativity and run with it. Cooking is a very creative outlet with which you can explore and enjoy.

Anna Christ
      Participant
      Registered On: October 6, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 16

Thats great.

Cooking is fun. Very fun.

When i cook i feel more like a women. Dont get me wrong i do not think the womens place is the kitchen because i think women & men are equal for the most part, because i cant give birth but for some reason probley because of how i was raised & listening to a lot of older men.

But I feel more like a women. I wish i had a bigger kitchen so my fiance could help me cook but our kitchen is very small & shes a bigger women so there is no room at all. Its hard enough for just one person to prepare a meal. Let alone 2 people. I feel bad when she asks & because i love her i just say no. Praying she doesn’t ask why cant i help. I guess if we had more tray tables i could give her some stuff to cut up.

I like to cook from scratch when i have time.

She cooks from no recipe.

I cook from recipes i find on Pinterest & i have been told your a great cook baby. I play it off because its a recipe. I think anyone can do it if they follow it right. But im learning to accept the words.

But now i seem to be the one cooking. Lol

Thanks for the post.

It was fun & im glad to hear your cooking it up.

Yours Truly Anna.

Jessica Wilde
      Participant

I love to cook too.

Classic English grub like sausage mash and onion gravy, Haggis neeps and tatties, Belgian Stew with fries, chicken vindaloo,  and so on.

But I have an eating disorder called “greed.”

If I cook a shepherds pie for myself and ‘er indoors, I cook enough for four portions.  We eat two, and the other half is supposed to go in the fridge for another meal.  But …. somehow ….  bit by bit, it mysteriously dwindles until there is only an empty dish waiting to be washed up.    I just can’t leave it alone!!!!

Somehow though I still fit my size 14 skirts!

Stephanie P

I have never made shepherds pie though I have had traditional English shepherds pie and I loved it. That wouldn’t last long around me either. Gotta ask what is haggis neeps and tatties?

stephanie plumb
        Participant
        Registered On: November 17, 2018
        Topics: 97
        Replies: 893

Ahhhh!  I could write an essay on this iconic Scottish meal. Poems have been written about it – “Oh wee timorous beastie …  etc.”)

You take a sheep’s stomach and stuff it with the minced heart and lungs of the sheep (sometimes the liver too), combined with onions, oats or barley and some spices.  You tie up the ends and boil it for a while until it’s cooked and piping hot.

You then hack at it with a knife  until it’s insides- hot and steaming – spill out.  On Rabbie Burn’s night in January there is a whole ritual around the “Dressing of the Haggis” accompanied by bagpipe music (which sounds like a sheep being strangled)  and men with no knickers on wearing tartan skirts. They call them Kilts – a traditional Scottish garment.  Oh yes!  Scotsmen love to crossdress,  and this is totally socially acceptable all over the world!

It smells wonderful (really!) – and tastes divine (if you like that sort of thing.)  Me? I can’t get enough of it – Mc Sweens being my goto  brand.

It’s accompanied by “bashed neeps.”  Which are mashed Swede (also called Turnips everywhere except in Scotland),  and  tatties. Which are mashed potatoes in English.

Traditionally a wee dram of whisky accompanies this feast.   With Andy Stewart or The Corries playing in the background, once the Piper runs out of puff.

I also love to cook Cullen Skink – another Scottish delicacy.  You can look that one up yourself.

Stephanie P  🐑🐑🐑🐑🥔🥔🥔

Mandy Wife
      Participant
      Registered On: September 12, 2019
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 145

Never under-estimate his good it feels for your partner to say “I’m cooking tonight” or “when we meet up on XX day, I’m cooking us a special meal”

Good for you & continue to enjoy your love of cooking!

stephanie plumb
      Participant
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 97
      Replies: 893

I love to cook too.

Classic English grub like sausage mash and onion gravy, Haggis neeps and tatties, Belgian Stew with fries, chicken vindaloo,  and so on.

But I have an eating disorder called “greed.”

If I cook a shepherds pie for myself and ‘er indoors, I cook enough for four portions.  We eat two, and the other half is supposed to go in the fridge for another meal.  But …. somehow ….  bit by bit, it mysteriously dwindles until there is only an empty dish waiting to be washed up.    I just can’t leave it alone!!!!

Somehow though I still fit my size 14 skirts!

Stephanie P

Stevie Steiner
      Ambassador
      Registered On: June 11, 2020
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 628

Hi Jessica, yes another lover of cooking.  Great timing for this question – currently marinating beef in red wine for a most excellent stew I’m making in,  well a few hours from now.  And the bonus is I have enough beef to whip up a couple of steak and mushroom pies ( tho I admit to buying the puff pastry ).  Love my meat pies girls!!  And of course I can never gain any weight, such a curse.  😳

Sorry, no vegan cooking here.

Stevie

Grace Scarlett
      Participant
      Registered On: July 26, 2020
      Topics: 22
      Replies: 584

Jessica

Living alone, I HAVE to cook, or starve. Truth is, I do like cooking, probably helped by the fact that U.K. TV channels are packed with cooking programs.

Over the years grace has become very adept at cooking, I just HATE that “ping” of the microwave….yuk, don’t talk to me about ” ready meals”, and takeaways are a treat, but I couldn’t live on them. I love a roast ( which I have to batch freeze) or it lasts me a week!!! ( I don’t like it that much!!!!) but I will have a go at anything really.

I also I love making cakes and buns, but though they are delicious, they do have to be rationed…..a dress size up is just not an option….

Smiles, grace ❤️

Jessica Wilde
      Participant

Hi Jessica,

I wish I could say I share in your love of cooking, but I can’t. What I can say is that I (mostly) love to EAT what I cook. And I do cook, almost every day, but it’s more a matter of necessity than a labor of love. Nothing I fix is gourmet by any stretch of the imagination, but IMHO it’s by and large more nutritious than any fast foods I can buy, hands down.

Now, what makes food preparation much more fun for me is to do it en femme with a glass of wine to lift a girl’s spirits!

And OBTW, CDH has a Group for that! Have a look at the Group called “Gurls Who Love to Cook”.

Bon appetit!
      — Camryn Occasionnel

Didn’t realize there is a group for us chefs on here. Cool. I’ll have to check it out.

And what girl doesn’t like to cook all dressed up?

Maria Pink
      Participant
      Registered On: October 18, 2020
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 73

I love to cook also. I learned a lot from my mom and aunts over the years. I was by myself mostly growing up and had to learn to cook if I wanted to eat. I was never into the can foods or premade stuff. I love to grill out all year round and love Christmas time so I can make candy and cookies. One thing I can say is that all of my ex’s admitted I could cook better than they could.

Maria

Camryn Occasionnel
      Participant
      Registered On: December 10, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 400

Hi Jessica,

I wish I could say I share in your love of cooking, but I can’t. What I can say is that I (mostly) love to EAT what I cook. And I do cook, almost every day, but it’s more a matter of necessity than a labor of love. Nothing I fix is gourmet by any stretch of the imagination, but IMHO it’s by and large more nutritious than any fast foods I can buy, hands down.

Now, what makes food preparation much more fun for me is to do it en femme with a glass of wine to lift a girl’s spirits!

And OBTW, CDH has a Group for that! Have a look at the Group called “Gurls Who Love to Cook”.

Bon appetit!
      — Camryn Occasionnel

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.