Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I love to cook and I have for a very long time now. I love making delicious meals that everyone who gets to taste them falls in love with my cooking.

I have been cooking since I was fairly young. My mom had and dad both worked and we had to fend for ourselves on many an occasion. I am 1 of 3 brothers. My dad worked shift work at a local plant and my mom ran an early childhood education center. They worked odd hours so it was on myself and my brothers to fix supper a lot of the times. This is where it started.

When I moved out on my own I started trying to perfect the recipes I had learned and began to branch out into gourmet cooking. The more I cooked, and I cooked a lot, the better I got. Everyone who tried my food loved it and this tickled me to death.

I used to make food for a job I had for 15 years. I made all sorts of different dishes and used them as my guinea pigs. They loved every bite. I was single at the time and they all told me “when you find that woman that appreciates your cooking you better marry her”.

I found that woman in my present fiancé. One of the first things I ever did for was cook her a meal. She was in dire times at that moment so I fixed her the most lavish meal I could muster and she loved it. I continued to and still continue to cook for her as much as I can. I love for her to eat a meal I have made and say how wonderful it was.

I don’t get to cook for her as much now as our lives have got very, very busy but I still love to make her a delicious meal that she loves.

Hi Jessica,

I wish I could say I share in your love of cooking, but I can’t. What I can say is that I (mostly) love to EAT what I cook. And I do cook, almost every day, but it’s more a matter of necessity than a labor of love. Nothing I fix is gourmet by any stretch of the imagination, but IMHO it’s by and large more nutritious than any fast foods I can buy, hands down.

Now, what makes food preparation much more fun for me is to do it en femme with a glass of wine to lift a girl’s spirits!

And OBTW, CDH has a Group for that! Have a look at the Group called “Gurls Who Love to Cook”.

Bon appetit!
      — Camryn Occasionnel

I love to cook also. I learned a lot from my mom and aunts over the years. I was by myself mostly growing up and had to learn to cook if I wanted to eat. I was never into the can foods or premade stuff. I love to grill out all year round and love Christmas time so I can make candy and cookies. One thing I can say is that all of my ex’s admitted I could cook better than they could.

Maria

[postquote quote=401693]
      Didn’t realize there is a group for us chefs on here. Cool. I’ll have to check it out.

And what girl doesn’t like to cook all dressed up?

Anonymous

Jessica

Living alone, I HAVE to cook, or starve. Truth is, I do like cooking, probably helped by the fact that U.K. TV channels are packed with cooking programs.

Over the years grace has become very adept at cooking, I just HATE that “ping” of the microwave….yuk, don’t talk to me about ” ready meals”, and takeaways are a treat, but I couldn’t live on them. I love a roast ( which I have to batch freeze) or it lasts me a week!!! ( I don’t like it that much!!!!) but I will have a go at anything really.

I also I love making cakes and buns, but though they are delicious, they do have to be rationed…..a dress size up is just not an option….

Smiles, grace ❤️

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Jessica, yes another lover of cooking.  Great timing for this question – currently marinating beef in red wine for a most excellent stew I’m making in,  well a few hours from now.  And the bonus is I have enough beef to whip up a couple of steak and mushroom pies ( tho I admit to buying the puff pastry ).  Love my meat pies girls!!  And of course I can never gain any weight, such a curse.  😳

Sorry, no vegan cooking here.

Stevie

Mandy Wife
      Baroness

Never under-estimate his good it feels for your partner to say “I’m cooking tonight” or “when we meet up on XX day, I’m cooking us a special meal”

Good for you & continue to enjoy your love of cooking!

[postquote quote=401827]
      I have never made shepherds pie though I have had traditional English shepherds pie and I loved it. That wouldn’t last long around me either. Gotta ask what is haggis neeps and tatties?

[postquote quote=402020]
      Put your own spin on the recipes. I use recipes as a general guide and put my knowledge of cooking into each recipe. I have learned what we like and incorporate it into recipes that sound good but might be missing a little something. Use your creativity and run with it. Cooking is a very creative outlet with which you can explore and enjoy.

I find people that cook at that level of skill and competence utterly amazing, like on the same level as a talented make up artist…………its magical!

Seren
      Baroness

By no means a cook at your level (my wife finds it extremely frustrating/funny that I can’t really follow recipes…!) but it’s something I really enjoy. We have a weekly veg box delivery which usually means some weird things to experiment with.
      the other side (of the kitchen if you like) is how preparing food is fundamentally so simple and it’s something that I can focus on when I’m struggling with my mental health and anxiety.

hope you’re all having a peaceful relaxing Tuesday (as much as possible in the current circumstances)

seren xx

[postquote quote=402211]
      Ok well count me in for a try. I’ll eat just about anything if it doesn’t try to bite me first lol.

And god bless the Scots and their skirts!

Diana W
      Lady

My wife and I both like to cook.  But I’ve been bitten by the baking bug.  So far I’ve made pumpkin cookies and muffins.  I have chocolate chips and shaved coconut stored away so I’m looking for a few recipes.  Something about baking really brings out my feminine self.

I was never taught to cook as a a child, so as an adult I taught myself. I don’t do fancy stuff as that never really appealed to me on a personal level. What I try to do is cook basic things and do them well. I can’t say that I “love” cooking, but I do really enjoy cooking for guests. It has the feeling of giving someone a very personal gift…

When I was 12, I thought to become a cook, but my mother always took me to physics and mathematics profiles. And so it happened, already an adult, I still love to cook, and I do it every day with a soul.

When I was in my early teens, I wanted to become a chef.  I told my parents that, and they discouraged me from joining that profession.  Looking back, I am glad they did as being a chef means long hours, stress, and now due to covid the possibility of being unemployed.

However, despite my current profession which has nothing to do with cooking, I still enjoy making meals.  I am by no means a Gordon Ramsey or Robert Irvine, but do love to cook.

I spent 5 summers working in a kitchen when I was a University student.  I started out as a dishwasher and worked my way to being a banquet cook.  I loved it.  It was long hours, and I smelled of grease.  However, the skills I learned were invaluable, like knife skills, food prep, and keeping the kitchen area clean.  I use these skills today in our own kitchen.  At that time, The chef/sous chef encouraged me to buy my own knife set, which I still have today.  It is only a one man Henkels french knife, boning knife, paring knife, and a slicer, but they told me that is the basic knife set that will get most jobs done.

Before covid, I rarely had any time to cook.  I prepared meals ahead of time, so when we got home from work it was a matter of cooking the veggies and nuking the main course.  Now with covid and working from home, I have much more time to prepare freshly cooked meals without having to nuke stuff.  I love it !  As I can take more time in getting the flavours right, and meals are more tastier and juicier because it is freshly cooked.

I do enjoy cooking, and do a pretty good job of it. There’s things my wife does better, and things I do better, but we’re both good cooks. She’s a better baker (with the exception of cheesecake, I’m better at that), and I’m in charge of grilling, smoking, and all things outdoor cooking.

Bridgette

The two main things I became in my working adult life, was a chef and a paramedic. I tell people that I became a paramedic in case someone ate my cooking, lol.
      I hate to cook now. I suppose it’s like a plumber hating to work on his own house pipes. We know how to do it, we just don’t want to. My wife is not into cooking. She is not a bad cook, I just think she is intimidated by my skills in the kitchen and then there is the “why cook? I’m married to a chef” school of thought also I suppose. I envy those who like to cook, especially as a hobby. Always fun to try new and different dishes, until you’ve done it a few hundred thousand times…as for being a paramedic (retired), it’s always handy to be able to help someone using the skills I was taught, until the younger ones show up with more and new skills and equipment. Your fiancé is one lucky woman, and yes, I do have some cute aprons!

ChloeC
      Duchess

I do the grilling all the time, including besides meats, things like asparagus stalks, potato slices, other veggies my SO suggests, etc. I’ve made cakes and other pastries from recipes,  besides making breakfast dishes like french toast or pancakes from batter and such.  I find those easy to follow…except when they call for a dash of this or a dollop of that.  But my SO really, really likes to cook so she has the range and oven and I stick to the grill or doing my own when she’s gone.  I’ve never gone hungry from not having a hot meal if I want.  When my ex walked out (an age ago now) leaving me with a toddler, I learned to cook rather quickly, rather than rely on the limited ‘ready made’ foods then available.

I love cooking. It is therapeutic for me when I feel depressed or stressed out.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?