Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hey Girls

I wanted share with you my big story today!  I DID IT!! I finally marched my tush into an Ulta and went a little crazy. LOL!!

First off I want to thank Philma Bierstein and her Ultamate Rewards forum post.  It inspired me to go and do pretty much the exact same thing this Sunday afternoon.

My experience didn’t start off great because the first Ulta I went into was a bust.  I walked around for a good 20 minutes and not one person seemed to care.  Hmmm…I would not be deterred today.  So off to another one that I had scoped out.

Not only was I welcomed and asked if I needed help with anything, but over an hour in the store with 4 wonderful ladies who helped me to understand things, answer questions, help me pick out good products…it was wonderful!! Not to mention I spent waaaay too much…but the help I received was well worth it.  I also posted a pic of my big haul on my wall.

They also want me to come back to show off how I do.  Hmmm…might be my first outing as Robyn.

I also want to share with all of you, that what really got me past the nerves and the anxiety to walk and do this was all of you!  Lead by example is how I try to live.  If Im to cheer someone on to go and do it, I gotta be able to do it myself.

So YES, it can be done.  The nerves, fear, anxiety, it will show up, but draw upon the strength and courage of your girlfriends here and open that door, walk in and ask for help.  The ladies who helped me were so giddy and excited it was fabulous!

XOXO – Robyn 💋💄😁

Robyn, I’m so very proud of you. Nerves or not, you are a hero to me.

Wow Girlfriend glad you built your courage to go and do the girly right thing and have fun doing it thats wonderful  and so proud of you another step in the girly direction now you need practice  practice  practice  hop e you go back and show them what you learned and get a make over from them that would be so much fun big hugs girlfriend  dont forget pictures so we can see how you are doing .

💋💋💄💄 Stephanie💄💄💋💋

[postquote quote=404416]
      Well from one hero to another Rei…thank you so much!  ❤️

Your recent coming out has helped me to want to be more like you and other girls on this site.

XO – Robyn

Stephanie

You betcha!!  Practice indeed.  I’ll post some pictures when I do.

XO – Robyn 💋💄😁

Congratulations Robyn!

I’m about to do the same as soon as I can.

I’ve been inside two Sephora stores, paid a look on their premium brands (aka expensive stuff) but I didn’t purchase anything (prices and some fear of being mistreated deterred me at that time).

xoxo

Daisy

[postquote quote=404426]
      Definitely.  Prices and fear are big issues.  Which that’s another BIGGIE!!

Plan for it financially along with going in!  Whatever you think you want to spend, add 100-200 to it.

Why?  If you luck out like me and get great ladies to help, your more likely to listen to them and and go along with their suggestions.  Not that you have to…but trust me…when its going good your probably going to add a couple things.  But you tend to get some free gifts, or little samples too, so it can all work out.  Two of the 4 girls that helped me were makeup artists and they presented themselves like it, they were gorgeous.  Tons of info and direction on how to use everything as well.

Good planning and prep goes a long way.

Robyn

[postquote quote=404432]

Thank you for the extra budget advice, Robyn. As I have a strong feeling that I may be spending far from what I can plan right now, my strategy is to reduce my credit card invoice to a minimum and try to spend wisely, after trying the products and realising that they fit to my need.

I’m unsure whether I’m gonna carry out my beautification spendings at Sephora or at other store with more affordable prices. For someone who lives in a country where its currency lost a great chunk of its value, every imported good became even more expensive during pandemic. However, I’m willing to not wait until 2021 to start a long and fruitful journey into make-up world.

xoxo

Daisy

Anonymous

Robyn

OMG….I hope you realise what you have done!!!

Firstly, congrats on your shopping trip…to have four ladies looking after you is awesome….brave you!

but you have bought makeup…now the fun will really begin..I remember quite clearly buying a lipstick and a small makeup bag to keep it safe… haha…..now I have the biggest vanity case I can hardly lift!!!!

What Philma’s advice has done/ will do to your bank account cannot be under estimated…

Love, grace 💋💋

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

For what its worth, i  too had a very good experience at ULTA. I had my list in hand of what the videos told me  i needed.  I entered the store as soon as they opened, in drab. Thinking the earlier the better to not see anyone that i knew. I walked around the store for about 15 minutes trying to understand how the store was laid out. Everyone was busy getting the store open for business and no one was offering any help. I started getting frustrated when i couldn’t seem to grasp how the products had been grouped. It just looked overwhelming with the countless number of items to choose from. I was just about to head out the door when a SA asked if i needed any help. I could see that they were all busy getting things in order for the day. She must have detected my getting ready to bolt. Wasn’t there fault, i was just a little too early.

She introduced herself and asked how she could help. I was just so lost, i just looked at her and said that i need to learn how to apply makeup and i have a list of things that i believe i need. She gave gave me a warm smile and took me by the hand and off we went. She told me she was the stores makeup artist that morning and so i just put my trust in her.

It was just a perfect experience.

[postquote quote=404521]
      YEP!!  Thats why I called it a “Plunge”  No going back now!!

XO – Robyn 💋💄

Anonymous

So….is there any truth in the rumour that the “fashion, beauty and makeup” forum is going to be re named…….” Robyn’s Page”????

smiles x

Leah
      Baroness

That’s awesome!  glad it went well and they were not judgemental

[postquote quote=404629]
      Thats cute Grace!!  Real cute but no I wont commandeer the fashion and beauty page!  😁🤗💄💋

I will admit, it was quite a rush/thrill

RachelAnn
      Lady

Well done, this is a goal of mine as well.  From what I hear, with a few exceptions, Ulta and Sephora are usually welcoming places.  I can usually do my makeup well enough, but I would love a professional opinion, or even professionally done.  YouTube videos are great and all, but it ends up mostly being just trial and error from there for me

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?