Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I want to slowly learn how to apply makeup on myself and feel like I do not need to learn “full glam” level skills as of now. So what is the minimum I can get away with to look like a cis women without makeup on (or very little)? I was thinking a good foundation/concealer, lipstick or lip gloss, and eye shadow. Not enough? I feel like I have a slim enough face to where I could get away with no contouring or anything like that. A simple application that I can throw on to go run errands or something like that. But I would definitely like to know your professional opinion.

My everyday is foundation/concealer, light color nude lipstick, eyebrows and light mascara. I only do eye shadow when I am going out some where special. If an evening event a darker lipstick as well.

Love,

Tommie

Hey Tommie, how long did it take for you to get comfortable with eye liner and mascara? I just get so nervous with things that close to my eyes especially things that can potentially poke my eye. Is there eyeliner/mascara sponges I could use? Or something soft like a sponge to apply those things?

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Going on the picture of you a neutral foundation, cheek contour and a subtle lipstick would be a start. Perhaps a little soft pencil eyeliner and eyeshadow would complete it. That’s my thoughts.

Thank you Angela, I will try that combination and see how well it turns out. By the way, the pictures of me are with a multitude of makeups on (I wasn’t paying attention to what the artist was putting on me, just trusted her lol)

I’m no pro with makeup but I’ve been wearing a light powder compac , light touch of mascara and very light touch of eyeliner and some eyeshadow lately while still presenting as a man so I’m sure if you just went light on most things you should be good.

Christina
        Lady

Hi Ashley, I’ve only used a very natural shade of lipstick plus a blonde eyebrow pencil. I will try your advice regarding the mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadow. I have light brown hair that is greying. Would you have any recommendations for the color of the mascara or eyeliner? Sorry if this is a silly question but when it comes to makeup, I’m a complete novice.

Well for mascara I just use black, same for liner and as far as shadow goes I use lighter colours. It’s all in how much I put on I guess.  As of late I’m getting a little more comfortable with a more prominent eyeliner.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I am definitely not a professional, but I think mascara and lipstick are a must. As far as makeup in general goes, just keep practicing. I simply love makeup.

Hugs, Liara

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

After watching you tube vidios and doing it myself making up what I thought worked, I finally skipped eye liner and mascara and eye color . I used no concealer and thought I was doing OK. On Monday I finally had my time with my local Mary Kay rep. She said that most of what I was doing good. BUT what she showed me was even using less foundation that what I had been doing. Then she showed me a better way to apply mascara and eye liner, good way to use a little subtle eye color. Then correct way to use a little blush and good way to do the lip color.
      Good luck to you
      . Cassie

Hi Quinetta,  I agree with Cassie.  Less is better.  I use much less makeup than I ever did before.  Mostly a little blush, eyebrow pencil and lipstick.  If I have more time, I’ll spend it on my outfit.  Then I’m out the door.  BTY if I do use mascara (only on special occasions) I just close one eye and hold the brush just over the lashes and then open my eye.  I repeat this until I’m satisfied.  I will then also use Kryolan Cake eyeliner that is just applied with the smallest of my paintbrushes (just like kids water paints)  I hope that this helps.  Marg

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Professional Makeup Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?