• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Lady

Firstly, I am not telling or suggesting that people that do not want to, are not ready to or have reasons to not go in public dressed en femme should.

Yesterday was another step for me. As some of you know, I am in the process of getting separated from my spouse. Part of the process, for me moving on is to get out and do things. I don’t always have someone to do these activties with. I need to get comfortable going out on my own.

Yesterday I went to a lacrosse playoff game on my own. There probably were about 10,000 in attendance. From the time I entered the facility to the time I left, I did not feel that all eyes were on me or that I didn’t belong.

Some of you are totally gorgeous and people would have a difficult time imagining you as a male. Most of us, although beautiful, have male traits that let people know that we are crossdressers. I fit into column B but think I am a better looking female than male.

What I am getting at is, the more of us that get out in public, the less unusual it is for others and the more accepting the general public could be towards us. Even of the general public is not accepting, it could become more comfortable for us while out in public which is as much our right as any other individual.

Anonymous
      Lady

You’re Tina, we do need to go out and enjoy our life. One thing that I have noticed is I usually look better than quite a few woman I see in public. I’m usually  better dressed and carry myself better.

Anonymous
        Lady

I take much better care of my appearance as Tina than my male appearance.

I alway say I can dress in the dark in drab as everything goes with everything (with the exception of when I put my shirt on inside out and went to work that way)

Angela Booth
      Hostess

You have crossed that threshold by going to that game alone. The focus of the fans was the game not you. You obviously felt comfortable and clearly you were just another lady at the game. It’s not the usual venue one would think of to go out but clearly a success. Good for you and hope this is a good start for your new future.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

The first time I was out dressed, I was 17. Since then I have been out hundreds of times. But for 100 times I got the nerve to go out, I probably chickened out 2000 times.

To me, I feel the ultimate crossdreser experience is going out. That doesn’t mean I think everyone who is uncomfortable or nervous about it should do it. It’s a personal choice.

Hi Tina, well done, way to go! Tomorrow it’s my turn, a long time lady friend of mine who is fully supportive and encouraging is going to pick me up and we’re going to a church service, then to a Starbucks for coffee and then to a local mall where I am going to try on a new bra that is on sale – a Wonderbra t-shirt bra. My other two bras are starting to show their age and need a replacement. So let’s get out there girls and follow Tina as she blazes new trails!

Love you all,

Lauren M

Anonymous
        Lady

Sounds like you have a great day planned.

Tina –

Bravo for you having the courage to do that.

For me I have been dressed once in public (actually twice but the first time doesn’t count as it was in college for Halloween and I didn’t realize the importance of dressing for me at the time) at a support group meeting.  I changed when I got there as 1- my wife and I ihave an agreement that my dressing stays in the house (she found the group and encouraged me to go and to dress ) and 2 – as I said we have an agreement that my dressing stays in the house.  I am fine with that although I have taken clothes with me when I was on an overnight trip by myself and dressed on my hotel room.  I also dress for my therapy sessions at times, my therapist has a home office and a place for me to change.  I am comfortable doing that and it makes it easier for me to talk about Suzanne when I present as her.  Going out is one of the things I do think about though and maybe one day I will get to experience it.

XOXO

Suzanne

Anonymous
        Lady

If you have a spouse that you have open communication with about your crossdressing and agree upon certain things, you need to honor your agreement. Agreements can change if both parties are on board.

Anonymous
      Lady

I agree with you Tina. Its so much fun being out in public how ever we are dressed and the more of us who go out, the sooner the general public will begin to see us as just another brave person who dresses as they please. Always be aware of your surroundings and dress to blend in the environment you’re in and things should go smoothly.

You didn’t say what you were wearing but you said you think you appear passable and obviously no one noticed anything but a woman enjoying the game… Kudos to you! Finding that perfect outfit for blending, the look, and manner, is probably the hardest thing to do for newbies and causes the most anxiety.

Anonymous
        Lady

I was wearing what I wore to work that day. Pink, black and white sketchers, black jeggings and purple flower tunic type cotton shirt with half sleeves. I did not wear my wig as I wanted to buy a hat of my favorite team. I was wearing a bra and forms and had a pink spring coat on as the weather was potential of rain.

I was sitting on the end of a row that was in direct line of the stairs and had no seats in front of me. I had to regularly get up to let people out.

I did wait to use tbe washroom at home.

Lea
      Lady

Tina, I admire your confidence in so many ways!

Yes, let’s get out more often so that more people see us CDs and our presence out and about starts to be part of normal like a woman wearing pants has become.

Anonymous
        Lady

100%. Even though I want it to be normal, I still like when people say I look pretty.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?