- That's Not Very Modest
- Covers My Panties
- Half Way Down My Thighs
- Just Above My Knees
- Just Below My Knees
- Half Way Down My Shins
- Brushing The Floor
- February 28, 2021 at 7:48 am #455377Inga KrasivayaParticipantRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 383Has thanked: 444 timesBeen thanked: 1291 times
I’ll give this one last try, but if it doesn’t work, I’ll just give up…… I originally wrote “I’m sure this must have been asked before, but if so I can’t find it. So please give us all your preference – and why.” Yes, we all have a personal preference for no particular reason, but we often have concrete reasons beyond that. Now – let’s see if the Poll setting is still working…… Inga.
- This topic was modified 1 month ago by Gabriela Inamor. Reason: Moved to Polls forum
Total of 37 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- March 25, 2021 at 12:07 pm #469011Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 682Has thanked: 43061 timesBeen thanked: 1363 times
My first skirts were hem length between “just below the knee” to “just above the knee”. I focus more attention to the length of my skirts, so I actually measure them: on the backside and down the center from the top of the waist to the bottom of the hem. Each year, now that I’m getting more confident in what I can wear, the hem length has gotten shorter. Late 2018 to early 2019; 26″ to 23″ hem (these were my first). Summer 2019 I went shorter with a soft denim material skirt with a 20.75″ hem. Late autumn 2020 I went my shortest at 17″. Because of this I voted “half way down my thighs”. Will I go shorter this year, probably not. I might consider a minimum of 16″ or 15″ (I’d have to measure and try on first), any shorter would not look appropriate and I wouldn’t feel comfortable wearing.
On the opposite side; my skirts have also gotten longer. Autumn 2019, I bought a 32″ hem silky skirt and this year I found a long back hem/short front hem silky wrap skirt. I haven’t measured it yet, but I think the back hem is longer than 32″. I’m not a fan of “brushing the ground” hem length, the hem would have to be an inch or two above my ankle.
- March 22, 2021 at 10:15 am #467462Mikayla WelshLadyRegistered On: April 29, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 69Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 275 times
While I love the look and feel of a dress that ends around mid-thigh, it is not the best look for my body (tall woman). So, I opt for just above the knee for skirt and dress.
- March 14, 2021 at 3:42 am #463574Marcie MayLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 114Has thanked: 938 timesBeen thanked: 308 times
- March 14, 2021 at 3:31 am #463568Shannon MarxDuchessRegistered On: March 11, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 47Has thanked: 287 timesBeen thanked: 240 times
- March 16, 2021 at 10:36 am #464612
- March 11, 2021 at 9:49 pm #462428MaeLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 225Has thanked: 158 timesBeen thanked: 458 times
I like mine just below the knee. The same with my dresses. There is so much about the art of Femininity that I adore. There is something so alluring about a feminine display of Calfs and Heels that just seems so classy while inspiring a bit of mystic, stirring the imagination while modeling the charm of modesty
- March 10, 2021 at 3:25 pm #460526AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 25Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 81 times
- March 10, 2021 at 10:21 pm #460648Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 383Has thanked: 444 timesBeen thanked: 1291 times
I’m rather amazed that the statistics on this one have remained pretty stable – more than 80% of us prefer what I would call a “short” skirt – yet if I were to do a survey of what the (genetic) ladies on the street were wearing, it would probably be that 80% wore a “long” skirt. Obviously, I’m going to put this down to the fact that we generally have better legs than the GG’s… ahem. I didn’t vote on this – obviously – but my vote would have been “That’s Not Very Modest”: even if you’ve not got it, flaunt it!!! Love miniskirts and tights! Inga.
- March 8, 2021 at 7:47 pm #459669Vanessa ?LadyRegistered On: September 26, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 49Has thanked: 11 timesBeen thanked: 261 times
“Halfway down my thighs” is probably about the shortest I would actually consider wearing out somewhere around other people haha. The skirts/dresses I have range between there and “halfway down my shins.” I like how long flowy skirts/dresses feel, but I do also like showing off my legs sometimes!
- March 8, 2021 at 6:28 pm #459643Gail BingyiLadyRegistered On: July 24, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 24Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 110 times
Definitely just above the knees or about mid thigh. My legs are my best feature and I love to show them off whenever I can so that is why I like the higher cut skirts. Having said that I am a little too old and a little to heavy to get away with miniskirts which also show off my panties when I bend over. Lovely if you are trying to entice a man but not so lovely in the shopping centre ailse while getting something from the bottom shelf and not able to properly bend at the knees.
(Yes I do usually squat down in a very ladylike manner but sometimes even that allows the shorter skirts to ride up)
Love as always
- March 8, 2021 at 12:43 pm #459502KimmieLadyRegistered On: September 27, 2016Topics: 3Replies: 243Has thanked: 156 timesBeen thanked: 1011 times
- March 5, 2021 at 8:49 pm #458201AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 79Has thanked: 98 timesBeen thanked: 349 times
I prefer skirt hems just above my knees or shorter.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 5, 2021 at 7:58 pm #458189Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1283Has thanked: 3685 timesBeen thanked: 3542 times
I answered “half way down my thighs”, as I really love mini skirts, but I usually don’t wear them that short when I go out, as I prefer to blend in, then I will wear them just above the knee.
Out of the 15 or 20 skirts I have a few are longer more of a midi length, and are very nice, but I just don’t like them as much as the short ones!
Part of the reason I think is when I started shaving my legs, wearing pantyhose, low and behold, my legs are actually nice looking. However, in male mode I have always always hated my legs and would never wear shorts even in the hottest weather, but as Amy, I rather like showing them off.
- March 4, 2021 at 2:48 pm #457609Sheryl JohnstoneChat HostessRegistered On: September 7, 2015Topics: 3Replies: 140Has thanked: 459 timesBeen thanked: 134 times
Just answering the question without reading anything else, I ticked cover the panties because anything shorter is a belt.
I have skirts and dresses of all lengths but I wouldn’t wear anything shorter than mid thigh out the gate.
I refuse to be limited by ‘age appropriate’ as age is a state of mind and if I don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.
- March 3, 2021 at 2:32 pm #457126Stephanie ScottLadyRegistered On: February 8, 2021Topics: 18Replies: 246Has thanked: 706 timesBeen thanked: 1298 times
I hate getting old! Everyone says the older the woman, the longer the skirt. But the only awesome feminine feature the Lord saw fit to grant me was very shapely feminine legs. Those legs helped (in the past when I used to be out and about) divert attention away from my face. It earned me some appreciative honking from truckers and cars passing me while I was outside the car. So I want to keep the skirts shorter to show off my legs, but I don’t want to be age inappropriate. I voted “above the knee.” I think I would still be able to get away with that if I were still out there now…
- March 3, 2021 at 6:02 am #456932
- March 2, 2021 at 11:41 am #456510AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 11Replies: 94Has thanked: 466 timesBeen thanked: 513 times
- March 2, 2021 at 10:14 am #456480Leslies Ann Gray GirlLadyRegistered On: September 22, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 136Has thanked: 337 timesBeen thanked: 528 times
Hi Inga , nice post , i like just below the knee , i have one of two above the knee , and i like to wear around the house when doing house work in the warm mos. , only . I usually wear a pair of ruffled panties with a short skirt , i think it makes me sexy and cute . I have never gone out in a skirt , if i ever do it will be below the knee , i am a bit of a modest girl and i would like the color of my panties known only to me , snicker . So that is just me you know , i say be careful what you show , someone may answer the add ,so to speak . Leslie
- March 2, 2021 at 7:04 am #456361michaela janeLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 22Replies: 290Has thanked: 282 timesBeen thanked: 686 times
I would select the last 4 on the list if your poll had allowed. Why didn’t you put this in the CDH Polls forum?
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 2, 2021 at 9:36 am #456436LadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 383Has thanked: 444 timesBeen thanked: 1291 times
Simple answer tot hat one – technical incompetence! Please remember – I’m the girl who doesn’t even have a mobile phone on the grounds that they are far too complicated. If I’d have known how to do that… and even that i could do that…. and even that I had a clue what it meant, I probably would have! Sorry: Analogue Inga.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 2, 2021 at 4:35 am #456301stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 146Replies: 1951Has thanked: 3114 timesBeen thanked: 8973 times
Coronation Street conversation between Landlady of the Rover’s Return Bette lynch, and Liz McDonald.
Liz McDonald : “Do I dress a bit tarty?”
Bette Lynch : “Give over! ….Tarty?…Too demure altogether, I reckon. Some days we hardly see your knickers at all!”
(To our non UK sisters – Coronation Street is the UK’s longest running TV soap opera.)
- March 2, 2021 at 4:01 am #456291
- March 2, 2021 at 3:51 am #456287Jennifer LynnLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 234Has thanked: 101 timesBeen thanked: 1236 times
I have skirts and dresses of all lengths, from ankle length to just barely covering my butt. Which length I wear depends on the following – the situation, the weather, others I am with, if I just want to blend in or I want men to notice me.
- March 4, 2021 at 8:32 pm #457766Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 6Replies: 422Has thanked: 232 timesBeen thanked: 1678 times
I also have skirts of varying lengths, from as short as the base of my finger all the way to ankle length. It depends on the season, the occasion, and what I am feeling.
The shorter skirts are nice in the very warm weather, or if I am walking on my treadmill in my basement as they keep me cooler. The lower calf or ankle length skirts are nice for the winter, although I also have some longer business skirts of that length. A majority of my skirts fall between just above the knee and mid calf.
But a more formal occasion will usually lead to a longer skirt, and a party might lead to shorter skirts.
- March 2, 2021 at 3:45 am #456286Tonya LerenLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2021Topics: 23Replies: 212Has thanked: 532 timesBeen thanked: 1032 times
Though I have only worn a skirt a few times, and each time they were just above the kneee… I think it all depends the outfit, where your going etc. as long as I’m not showing off anything is long enough. Unless that’s what I’m going for😉
- March 2, 2021 at 3:16 am #456280Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 876Has thanked: 1231 timesBeen thanked: 2902 times
Just above or bang on the knee for me! Classic, smart, sexy as hell and cannot be challenged! One can wear stockings or hose even nothing at all and it will be just right. Flared, tube, pencil… all to the knee. As it’s summer/autumn here my skirts are for the sun and definitely not the office but as colder weather closes in the heavier skirts will be the order of the day.
Nothing lower than the knee as I have reasonably good legs!
- March 2, 2021 at 2:35 am #456275Samantha PedersLadyRegistered On: May 12, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 32Has thanked: 59 timesBeen thanked: 110 times
Lately I prefer the midi length skirts and dresses
- March 1, 2021 at 10:26 pm #456227Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 604Has thanked: 1900 timesBeen thanked: 2589 times
- March 1, 2021 at 10:16 pm #456224Beth GreenLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 177Has thanked: 629 timesBeen thanked: 892 times
- March 1, 2021 at 11:49 am #455967Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 413Has thanked: 330 timesBeen thanked: 1747 times
I have a huge penchant for skirts. Late last year and abit of this year, I bought alot of skirts. Most now are just above the knee, and some are at the knee. I also bought some mini skirts too.
My fave is just above the knee, it is still long enough to be professional in the office without ruffling some feathers for inappropriate wear. I had one midi skirt but I donated it, I am just not fond of anything past the knee.
However, for the above the knee and mini skirts, sitting down is a challenge as you wind up showing a little more than necessary.
- March 1, 2021 at 11:10 am #455953stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 146Replies: 1951Has thanked: 3114 timesBeen thanked: 8973 times
My legs ‘aint half bad and I like to show them off so I go for 18″ to 21″ mini skirts/ skater skirts – mid thigh length. But I do have a below knee pencil skirt for when in that mood.
- March 1, 2021 at 10:17 am #455921PY MarshallDuchessRegistered On: July 21, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 354Has thanked: 1538 timesBeen thanked: 1064 times
Hi Inga , it depends what i am pairing it with, i like all my skirts which are all of varying lengths. But, like my dresses the length will be dictated by my mood and the occasion Pyxx.
- February 28, 2021 at 3:47 pm #455637BillieJayManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 437Replies: 126Has thanked: 266 timesBeen thanked: 485 times
- February 28, 2021 at 2:32 pm #455601
- February 28, 2021 at 12:47 pm #455552Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 2000Has thanked: 3879 timesBeen thanked: 7056 times
I really like the look of the flowing, billowy skirts, which are usually mid-calf; but I have only one. Most of my skirts are knee-length, or just below the knee, so that is where my vote goes.
- February 28, 2021 at 11:37 am #455519Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 532Has thanked: 971 timesBeen thanked: 1807 times
- February 28, 2021 at 11:16 am #455500Sa•man•thaManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 465Replies: 1804Has thanked: 8096 timesBeen thanked: 7271 times
Hi Inga, for me anywhere from mini (ie, mid thigh) to ankle. Situation appropriate. It seems like i tend to favor longer with skirts but shorter with dresses. With love: Sam 😘
- February 28, 2021 at 10:50 am #455487Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 1090Has thanked: 3584 timesBeen thanked: 5273 times
For ordinary day wear, I much prefer just above the knee. It just feels like home.
I am partial to shorter lengths, especially in hot weather – although on Burns night last year I wore the second shortest item I’ve ever worn: A mini kilt that kept my underwear covered, unless I bent in any direction, with a white peasant blouse, long white socks and mary Jane heels.
It looked amazing and I felt really fun, and had a lot of really nice comments – but I was a bit self conscious as some people said “Very pretty knickers!”.
The shortest item I’ve ever worn is a blue tunic dress that my wife gave me for a costume party at our last house, which only covered my underwear if I remembered to keep tugging it down…
The name of the character?
But she has blue hair, while I, obviously, do not – hence I don’t dress like her.
The only person who commented was a guy who had just started seeing one of my wife’s friends.
I think my wife’s friends are quite used to my eccentricities – hey, I’m a creative type.
It may be true that, as a performance artist, I’m a bit of an exhibitionist. Possibly a lot of an exhibitionist. But in a creative way – knicker flashing isn’t my normal style, but whatever suits the moment!
- February 28, 2021 at 11:11 am #455497LadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 383Has thanked: 444 timesBeen thanked: 1291 times
Hi, Laura: sounds like you had a real blast – and why not show the knickers once in a while – after all, apart from James Bond, You Only Live Once… And the guy who was seeing your wife’s friend… sounds like he may have been wanting to see your wife’s husband…… Never likely to have anyone (female or male) asking me to do anything other than put more clothes on… Loads of hugs: Inga.
- February 28, 2021 at 3:39 pm #455635Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 1090Has thanked: 3584 timesBeen thanked: 5273 times
He married my wife’s friend – and seemed the most shocked of all of the guests. Of course, that was the first time he’d met me, and wouldn’t have known how flamboyant I can get!
The next time I saw him was at a lovely picnic in the Oxford university parks, where we went to see a production of the Scottish play, which was magnificent.
I was in drab, but he asked why I wasn’t wearing a skirt – so I said I would happily wear one to the wedding, at which point both my wife and his future wife said “Oh no you won’t!”.
He definitely wasn’t after me – his wife is gorgeous. I’ve known her for decades, and she’s a really bright, lovely person as well as a stunner – he made a good catch, and he’d better look after her, that’s all I’m saying 😁😍😍
I still have the best of my wife’s circle, even if she isn’t very supportive of Laura.
That party was a total blast, but I look back at my makeup and shudder! I was awful back then!
- February 28, 2021 at 8:49 am #455409Didi PhoxLadyRegistered On: January 25, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 129Has thanked: 145 timesBeen thanked: 609 times
I don’t have any skirts anymore, but my dresses all have to be mid thigh. I do have one that the SO calls my greyhound dress. Why I hear you ask ‘because it’s close to the hair’ 🤣
- February 28, 2021 at 3:55 pm #455640
- February 28, 2021 at 8:59 am #455414LadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 383Has thanked: 444 timesBeen thanked: 1291 times
This reminds me of the mid 1980s when (despite what Wikipedia reckons it should have been) Bugs Bunny released his autobiography entitled “Fifty Years Old, And Just One Grey Hare”… And with that, I think I need to go and get some sleep… Inga-In-Isolation…… (or at least, should be…)
- February 28, 2021 at 8:37 am #455405Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 51Replies: 1093Has thanked: 3796 timesBeen thanked: 5661 times
hope you are feeling better!!
I didn’t vote as i have pantie covers to floor sweepers and i like them all… definitely like above the knee if wearing over the knee boots or heels…but i like below the knee for low heels and ankle boots…and floor sweepers definitely go best with flatties…….or wellington boots!!!!…because nobody can see them anyway. Haha
Smiles, grace ❤️
- March 1, 2021 at 5:05 pm #456135
- February 28, 2021 at 8:44 am #455408LadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 383Has thanked: 444 timesBeen thanked: 1291 times
Grace… oh, Grace, Grace, Grace… sorry – still not well, but hoping things get better. But who else could get away with mentioning Wellies in this sort of context? There’s only one Grace! (Well – there are plenty of others, but everyone knows what I mean!) And – frankly – I could envisage you wearing Wellies with a “That’s Not Very Modest” skirt…… especially if you were live on the television at the time! In Awe Inga.
- February 28, 2021 at 8:11 am #455393Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1577Has thanked: 1172 timesBeen thanked: 4172 times
I love wearing short dresses and skirts with sheer to waist pantyhose. I often wear mid thigh length also. I may even from time to time wear a dress or skirt just a bit above the knee for blend in purposes. Still, though as far as I’m concerned,the shorter the better.
- March 1, 2021 at 9:06 am #455888
- February 28, 2021 at 8:07 am #455390Hilda BeaumontDuchessRegistered On: March 14, 2020Topics: 8Replies: 200Has thanked: 488 timesBeen thanked: 737 times
I think the length depends to some extent on the occasion and the weather. Late spring/summer – just above my knees (I also wear this length shorts) early autumn just below my knees, late autumn/winter & early spring half way down my shins. I also find that culottes are good for late summer early autumn. As for brushing the floor – well for everyday that’s just impractical so only for special occasions that aren’t that formal requiring a ‘gown’.
Love and hugs
- February 28, 2021 at 8:06 am #455388Maya SolLadyRegistered On: July 19, 2020Topics: 8Replies: 31Has thanked: 30 timesBeen thanked: 185 times
- February 28, 2021 at 7:53 am #455381Diana MorganLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 571Has thanked: 4195 timesBeen thanked: 1760 times
- February 28, 2021 at 7:53 am #455380Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 774Has thanked: 11286 timesBeen thanked: 2925 times
I don’t yet have many skirts, but those I Du have are generally about half thigh length. I have one or two much shorter for around the house or games with the wife (does that put me in the corner?), but I don’t wear them out and about. I like my legs, I don’t see a need to hide them.
- February 28, 2021 at 8:03 am #455386
- March 2, 2021 at 4:36 am #456302stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 146Replies: 1951Has thanked: 3114 timesBeen thanked: 8973 times
One of the “Cheeky Girls” Donna? Whatever happened to them, I wonder.
- February 28, 2021 at 12:40 pm #455551
- February 28, 2021 at 11:04 am #455493LadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 383Has thanked: 444 timesBeen thanked: 1291 times
- February 28, 2021 at 3:58 pm #455641
- February 28, 2021 at 2:36 pm #455605
- February 28, 2021 at 3:41 pm #455636
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.