How Long Is A Skirt?

We all wear skirts - but how long should they be?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • That's Not Very Modest
  • Covers My Panties
  • Half Way Down My Thighs
  • Just Above My Knees
  • Just Below My Knees
  • Half Way Down My Shins
  • Brushing The Floor
Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Brittney Andrews
      Lady
      Registered On: August 1, 2019
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 682

My first skirts were hem length between “just below the knee” to “just above the knee”. I focus more attention to the length of my skirts, so I actually measure them: on the backside and down the center from the top of the waist to the bottom of the hem. Each year, now that I’m getting more confident in what I can wear, the hem length has gotten shorter. Late 2018 to early 2019; 26″ to 23″ hem (these were my first). Summer 2019 I went shorter with a soft denim material skirt with a 20.75″ hem. Late autumn 2020 I went my shortest at 17″. Because of this I voted “half way down my thighs”. Will I go shorter this year, probably not. I might consider a minimum of 16″ or 15″ (I’d have to measure and try on first), any shorter would not look appropriate and I wouldn’t feel comfortable wearing.

On the opposite side; my skirts have also gotten longer. Autumn 2019, I bought a 32″ hem silky skirt and this year I found a long back hem/short front hem silky wrap skirt. I haven’t measured it yet, but I think the back hem is longer than 32″. I’m not a fan of “brushing the ground” hem length, the hem would have to be an inch or two above my ankle.

Mikayla Welsh
      Lady
      Registered On: April 29, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 69

While I love the look and feel of a dress that ends around mid-thigh, it is not the best look for my body (tall woman).  So, I opt for just above the knee for skirt and dress.

Mikayla

Marcie May
      Lady
      Registered On: January 7, 2019
      Replies: 114

I voted mid thigh, so you can show your legs off.

I have noticed on here how many of you girls have amazing legs…. lets show them off.   💋

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Shannon Marx
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 11, 2021
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 47

The shorter the better , I guess I’m just a flirt

Mae
      Lady
      Registered On: January 14, 2019
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 225

I like mine just below the knee. The same with my dresses. There is so much about the art of Femininity that I adore. There is something so alluring about a feminine display of Calfs and Heels that just seems so classy while inspiring a bit of mystic, stirring the imagination while modeling the charm of modesty

Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 25

I went with the minimum length I would wear. I tend to get cold pretty quickly.

Inga Krasivaya
        Lady
        Registered On: January 18, 2021
        Topics: 16
        Replies: 383

I’m rather amazed that the statistics on this one have remained pretty stable – more than 80% of us prefer what I would call a “short” skirt – yet if I were to do a survey of what the (genetic) ladies on the street were wearing, it would probably be that 80% wore a “long” skirt.  Obviously, I’m going to put this down to the fact that we generally have better legs than the GG’s…  ahem.  I didn’t vote on this – obviously – but my vote would have been “That’s Not Very Modest”:  even if you’ve not got it, flaunt it!!!  Love miniskirts and tights!  Inga.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Vanessa ?
      Lady
      Registered On: September 26, 2020
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 49

“Halfway down my thighs” is probably about the shortest I would actually consider wearing out somewhere around other people haha.  The skirts/dresses I have range between there and “halfway down my shins.”  I like how long flowy skirts/dresses feel, but I do also like showing off my legs sometimes!

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Gail Bingyi
      Lady
      Registered On: July 24, 2016
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 24

Definitely just above the knees or about mid thigh.  My legs are my best feature and I love to show them off whenever I can so that is why I like the higher cut skirts.  Having said that I am a little too old and a little to heavy to get away with miniskirts which also show off my panties when I bend over.  Lovely if you are trying to entice a man but not so lovely in the shopping centre ailse while getting something from the bottom shelf and not able to properly bend at the knees.

(Yes I do usually squat down in a very ladylike manner but sometimes even that allows the shorter skirts to ride up)

Love as always

Gail

Kimmie
      Lady
      Registered On: September 27, 2016
      Replies: 243

I voted for mid-thigh because, in all modesty (insert blush) I have great legs.

Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Replies: 79

I prefer skirt hems just above my knees or shorter.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Amy Myers
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 11, 2019
      Replies: 1283

I answered “half way down my thighs”, as I really love mini skirts,  but I usually don’t wear them that short when I go out, as I prefer to blend in, then I will wear them just above the knee.

Out of the 15 or 20 skirts I have a few are longer more of a midi length, and are very nice, but I just don’t like them as much as the short ones!

Part of the reason I think is when I started shaving my legs, wearing pantyhose, low and behold, my legs are actually nice looking. However, in male mode I have always always hated my legs and would never wear shorts even in the hottest weather, but as Amy, I rather like showing them off.

Amy

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Sheryl Johnstone
      Chat Hostess
      Registered On: September 7, 2015
      Replies: 140

Just answering the question without reading anything else, I ticked cover the panties because anything shorter is a belt.

I have skirts and dresses of all lengths but I wouldn’t wear anything shorter than mid thigh out the gate.

I refuse to be limited by ‘age appropriate’ as age is a state of mind and if I don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.

Stephanie Scott
      Lady
      Registered On: February 8, 2021
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 246

Inga,

I hate getting old! Everyone says the older the woman, the longer the skirt. But the only awesome feminine feature the Lord saw fit to grant me was very shapely feminine legs. Those legs helped (in the past when I used to be out and about) divert attention away from my face. It earned me some appreciative honking from truckers and cars passing me while I was outside the car. So I want to keep the skirts shorter to show off my legs, but I don’t want to be age inappropriate. I voted “above the knee.” I think I would still be able to get away with that if I were still out there now…

Sandy Jayson
      Duchess
      Registered On: September 29, 2019
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 451

I voted just below the knee in my younger days I would be in favor of something shorter.
      Sandy

Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 94

I picked half way down my thighs. This way my panties aren’t showing unless I want them too. There’s always a little time to be a tease

Inga Krasivaya
        Lady

Cindy – you little minx!  Ooh, err!

Leslies Ann Gray Girl
      Lady
      Registered On: September 22, 2017
      Replies: 136

Hi Inga , nice post , i like just below the knee , i have one of two above the knee , and i like to wear  around the house when doing house work in the warm mos. , only . I usually wear a pair of ruffled panties with a short skirt , i think it makes me sexy and cute . I have never gone out in a skirt , if  i ever do it will be below the knee , i am a bit of a modest girl and i would like the color of my panties known only to me , snicker . So that is just me you know , i say be careful what you show , someone may answer the add ,so to speak . Leslie

michaela jane
      Lady
      Registered On: December 9, 2016
      Topics: 22
      Replies: 290

I would select the last 4 on the list if your poll had allowed. Why didn’t you put this in the CDH Polls forum?

Inga Krasivaya
        Lady

Simple answer tot hat one – technical incompetence!  Please remember – I’m the girl who doesn’t even have a mobile phone on the grounds that they are far too complicated.  If I’d have known how to do that… and even that i could do that…. and even that I had a clue what it meant, I probably would have!  Sorry:  Analogue Inga.

stephanie plumb
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 146
      Replies: 1951

Coronation Street conversation between Landlady of the Rover’s Return Bette lynch, and Liz McDonald.

Liz McDonald :  “Do I dress a bit tarty?”

Bette Lynch :  “Give over! ….Tarty?…Too demure altogether, I reckon.  Some days we hardly see your knickers at all!”

(To our non UK sisters – Coronation Street is the UK’s longest running TV soap opera.)

Stephanie P.

Candace Baci
      Lady
      Registered On: October 19, 2020
      Topics: 51
      Replies: 104

I always say “just above the knee” and he’ll want to come closer to see!! LOL!!

Hugs and Kisses

Candace

Jennifer Lynn
      Lady
      Registered On: August 15, 2020
      Replies: 234

I have skirts and dresses of all lengths, from ankle length to just barely covering my butt. Which length I wear depends on the following – the situation, the weather, others I am with, if I just want to blend in or I want men to notice me.

Alison Anderson
        Duchess
        Registered On: October 15, 2018
        Topics: 6
        Replies: 422

I also have skirts of varying lengths, from as short as the base of my finger all the way to ankle length.  It depends on the season, the occasion, and what I am feeling.

The shorter skirts are nice in the very warm weather, or if I am walking on my treadmill in my basement as they keep me cooler.  The lower calf or ankle length skirts are nice for the winter, although I also have some longer business skirts of that length.  A majority of my skirts fall between just above the knee and mid calf.

But a more formal occasion will usually lead to a longer skirt, and a party might lead to shorter skirts.

Tonya Leren
      Lady
      Registered On: January 5, 2021
      Topics: 23
      Replies: 212

Though I have only worn a skirt a few times, and each time they were just above the kneee… I think it all depends the outfit, where your going etc. as long as I’m not showing off anything is long enough. Unless that’s what I’m going for😉

❤️🥰Tonya

Polly Stewart
      Lady
      Registered On: January 2, 2021
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 876

Dearest Inga…

Just above or bang on the knee for me! Classic, smart, sexy as hell and cannot be challenged! One can wear stockings or hose even nothing at all and it will be just right. Flared, tube, pencil… all to the knee. As it’s summer/autumn here my skirts are for the sun and definitely not the office but as colder weather closes in the heavier skirts will be the order of the day.
      Nothing lower than the knee as I have reasonably good legs!

Polly xxx

Samantha Peders
      Lady
      Registered On: May 12, 2020
      Replies: 32

Lately I prefer the  midi length skirts and dresses

Robyn Devine
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 24, 2020
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 604

Inga

I could only vote once, so it was for halfway down thigh, but I also do to just above the knee as well.

Showy but still reasonably classy and not trashy!

XO Robyn 💃❤️

Beth Green
      Lady
      Registered On: February 24, 2021
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 177

I voted for panty covers, that is how I like my skirts. Beth can be a bit of a rebel. My dresses tend to be just above the knee. My GG friends insist that I act my age and wear skirts and dresses below the knee. UGH.

Wendy Swift
      Lady
      Registered On: May 11, 2020
      Replies: 413

I have a huge penchant for skirts.  Late last year and abit of this year, I bought alot of skirts.  Most now are just above the knee, and some are at the knee.  I also bought some mini skirts too.

My fave is just above the knee, it is still long enough to be professional in the office without ruffling some feathers for inappropriate wear.  I had one midi skirt but I donated it, I am just not fond of anything past the knee.

However, for the above the knee and mini skirts, sitting down is a challenge as you wind up showing a little more than necessary.

stephanie plumb
      Baroness - Annual

My legs ‘aint half bad and I like to show them off so I go for 18″ to 21″ mini skirts/ skater skirts – mid thigh length.  But I do have a below knee pencil skirt for when in that mood.

PY Marshall
      Duchess
      Registered On: July 21, 2018
      Replies: 354

Hi Inga , it depends what i am pairing it with, i like all my skirts which are all of varying lengths. But, like my dresses the length will be dictated by my mood and the occasion Pyxx.

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: September 21, 2018
      Topics: 437
      Replies: 126

I’ll wear shortshorts, but for a skirt, it’s got to be near the knee for me…

Effie Fulk
      Duchess
      Registered On: February 7, 2021
      Topics: 21
      Replies: 540

Just above my knee or sometimes , much shorter 😉

Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 19
      Replies: 2000

I really like the look of the flowing, billowy skirts, which are usually mid-calf; but I have only one. Most of my skirts are knee-length, or just below the knee, so that is where my vote goes.

Deborah Sullivan
        Duchess
        Registered On: February 27, 2020
        Replies: 581

I agree with Bettylou due to our age. I adore walking about in skirts but mini”s are made for those under 30 or you will really stand out.

Rozalyne Richards
      Lady
      Registered On: March 10, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 532

Hi Inga i like my skirts and dresses to reach my knees, it’s just the way i feel that when I’m wearing a skirt i should show a bit of knee,

Hugs Rozalyne x

Sa•man•tha
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: January 21, 2018
      Topics: 465
      Replies: 1804

Hi Inga, for me anywhere from mini (ie, mid thigh) to ankle.  Situation appropriate.  It seems like i tend to favor longer with skirts but shorter with dresses.  With love: Sam 😘

Laura Lovett
      Lady
      Registered On: March 26, 2020
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 1090

For ordinary day wear, I much prefer just above the knee. It just feels like home.

I am partial to shorter lengths, especially in hot weather – although on Burns night last year I wore the second shortest item I’ve ever worn: A mini kilt that kept my underwear covered, unless I bent in any direction, with a white peasant blouse, long white socks and mary Jane heels.

It looked amazing and I felt really fun, and had a lot of really nice comments – but I was a bit self conscious as some people said “Very pretty knickers!”.

The shortest item I’ve ever worn is a blue tunic dress that my wife gave me for a costume party at our last house, which only covered my underwear if I remembered to keep tugging it down…

The name of the character?

Laura Lovett.

But she has blue hair, while I, obviously, do not – hence I don’t dress like her.

The only person who commented was a guy who had just started seeing one of my wife’s friends.

I think my wife’s friends are quite used to my eccentricities – hey, I’m a creative type.

It may be true that, as a performance artist, I’m a bit of an exhibitionist. Possibly a lot of an exhibitionist. But in a creative way – knicker flashing isn’t my normal style, but whatever suits the moment!

Love Laura.

Inga Krasivaya
        Lady

Hi, Laura:  sounds like you had a real blast – and why not show the knickers once in a while – after all, apart from James Bond, You Only Live Once…  And the guy who was seeing your wife’s friend… sounds like he may have been wanting to see your wife’s husband……  Never likely to have anyone (female or male) asking me to do anything other than put more clothes on…   Loads of hugs:  Inga.

Laura Lovett
          Lady

Thanks, Inga

He married my wife’s friend – and seemed the most shocked of all of the guests. Of course, that was the first time he’d met me, and wouldn’t have known how flamboyant I can get!

The next time I saw him was at a lovely picnic in the Oxford university parks, where we went to see a production of the Scottish play, which was magnificent.

I was in drab, but he asked why I wasn’t wearing a skirt – so I said I would happily wear one to the wedding, at which point both my wife and his future wife said “Oh no you won’t!”.

He definitely wasn’t after me – his wife is gorgeous. I’ve known her for decades, and she’s a really bright, lovely person as well as a stunner – he made a good catch, and he’d better look after her, that’s all I’m saying 😁😍😍

I still have the best of my wife’s circle, even if she isn’t very supportive of Laura.

That party was a total blast, but I look back at my makeup and shudder! I was awful back then!

Love Laura

Didi Phox
      Lady
      Registered On: January 25, 2021
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 129

I don’t have any skirts anymore, but my dresses all have to be mid thigh. I do have one that the SO calls my greyhound dress. Why I hear you ask ‘because it’s close to the hair’ 🤣

Didi💋

Haley Ann
        Lady
        Registered On: October 12, 2020
        Replies: 107

Didi,

Would have to be around my neck to be close to be close to any of that!

Haley😘

Inga Krasivaya
        Lady

This reminds me of the mid 1980s when (despite what Wikipedia reckons it should have been) Bugs Bunny released his autobiography entitled “Fifty Years Old, And Just One Grey Hare”…  And with that, I think I need to go and get some sleep…  Inga-In-Isolation……  (or at least, should be…)

Grace Scarlett
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: February 16, 2021
      Topics: 51
      Replies: 1093

Hi Inga..

hope you are feeling better!!

I didn’t vote as i have pantie covers to floor sweepers and i like them all… definitely like above the knee if wearing over the knee boots or heels…but i like below the knee for low heels and ankle boots…and floor sweepers definitely go best with flatties…….or wellington boots!!!!…because nobody can see them anyway. Haha

Smiles, grace ❤️

Haley Ann
        Lady

Panty covers…priceless😜

Haley😘

Inga Krasivaya
        Lady

Grace… oh, Grace, Grace, Grace…  sorry – still not well, but hoping things get better.  But who else could get away with mentioning Wellies in this sort of context?  There’s only one Grace!  (Well – there are plenty of others, but everyone knows what I mean!)  And – frankly – I could envisage you wearing Wellies with a “That’s Not Very Modest” skirt…… especially if you were live on the television at the time!  In Awe Inga.

Patty Phose
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 7, 2016
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 1577

I love wearing short dresses and skirts with sheer to waist pantyhose. I often wear mid thigh length also. I may even from time to time wear a dress or skirt just a bit above the knee for blend in purposes. Still, though as far as I’m concerned,the shorter the better.

6 users thanked author for this post.
        Haley Ann
        Lady

Absolutely! My thoughts exactly…if you can, why not?

Haley😘

Hilda Beaumont
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 14, 2020
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 200

I think the length depends to some extent on the occasion and the weather. Late spring/summer – just above my knees (I also wear this length shorts) early autumn just below my knees, late autumn/winter & early spring half way down my shins. I also find that culottes are good for late summer early autumn. As for brushing the floor – well for everyday that’s just impractical so only for special occasions that aren’t that formal requiring a ‘gown’.
      Love and hugs
      HildaRuth 💋💋

Maya Sol
      Lady
      Registered On: July 19, 2020
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 31

I’m too tall that every skirt is up to “Covers My Panties” 🙂
      Well, I do have also few “Brushing The Floor” but I less like them. I love my sexy always shaved legs!

Inga Krasivaya
        Lady

A girl after my own heart…….

Diana Morgan
      Lady
      Registered On: February 22, 2021
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 571

I adore a glimpse of stocking top…. not very age appropriate but what the hey.

Bridgette VonSmirff
      Lady
      Registered On: October 18, 2020
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 774

I don’t yet have many skirts, but those I Du have are generally about half thigh length. I have one or two much shorter for around the house or games with the wife (does that put me in the corner?), but I don’t wear them out and about. I like my legs, I don’t see a need to hide them.

Bridgette

Inga Krasivaya
        Lady

Bridgette Von NaughtyCorner……  Wish I’d thought up that name before it got trademarked…  Hugs:  Inga NotImaginativeEnough…

stephanie plumb
      Baroness - Annual

One of the “Cheeky Girls” Donna?   Whatever happened to them, I wonder.

Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 19
      Replies: 2000

Do you powder those cheeks too, Donna? LOL

Hugs,

Bettylou

Inga Krasivaya
      Lady

We all like that sometime or another, Donna, after all, “If you’ve got it……”  It’s just that I thought you were more of a skin-tight catsuit sort of girl?  Envious Inga.

Haley Ann
      Lady

Works for me❤️

Effie Fulk
      Duchess
      Registered On: February 7, 2021
      Topics: 21
      Replies: 540

🤣❤️

Laura Lovett
      Lady

Cheeky Bettylou – you’d better get a chair for the naughty corner…

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account