Tagged: Hair removal
- July 18, 2022 at 11:35 pm #663804Dee BouhaireParticipantRegistered On: October 10, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 103Has thanked: 134 timesBeen thanked: 367 times
What is the best way to keep legs smooth and silky. Shaving gives ok results but after a couple of days the sharp stumble starts to reappear, cream keeps you smooth a little longer and the stubble isn’t as sharp when it regrow. I don’t know whether I’m doing it wrong but when I’ve tried waxing I get a horribly sticky residue on my skin and poor hair removal. Any tips and advice would be hugely useful xx
- July 19, 2022 at 12:29 pm #663924Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 841Has thanked: 697 timesBeen thanked: 3925 times
If you’re can afford it, laser at a clinic. If that’s too expensive, the better home IPL devices work at a fraction of the cost (hundreds vs thousands). Both will leave you hair free for many months or longer. I got laser 3 years ago and still no regrowth.
An even less expensive option is an epilator. They’re good for 1-3 weeks and cost about the same as an electric shaver.
- July 19, 2022 at 8:58 am #663889
- July 19, 2022 at 7:57 am #663877Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 3744Has thanked: 54048 timesBeen thanked: 13178 times
Hi Dee as i have shaved for many years back in florida my legs have quit growing hair well weird except for my knee caps ?? i keep chest and arms shaved my self as wife comes into shower and takes care of the he he back side .. She is a big help where i cant see ha ha good luck girlfriend thought about the epilator but havent really needed it like said leg hair dont grow anymore ..
- July 19, 2022 at 4:35 am #663819Diane Marie RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 1092Has thanked: 1937 timesBeen thanked: 3793 times
- July 19, 2022 at 4:20 am #663818Kelly EnglishLadyRegistered On: July 10, 2022Topics: 13Replies: 89Has thanked: 390 timesBeen thanked: 442 times
- July 19, 2022 at 4:12 am #663816Sarah SpiceLadyRegistered On: November 26, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 12Has thanked: 54 timesBeen thanked: 90 times
I feel your pain! Now that I’ve properly resolved to maintain my feminine traits, I have committed to 6-weekly professional full body waxing sessions. It’s the only way I’ve found to increase the time spent smooth, which I love so much. Shaving and hair removal creams are so short term in results (although I do love the act of shaving my legs and bikini line!).
Waxing itself is a pleasure/pain activity that I also personally enjoy, but may not be everyone’s cup of tea.
Try it all and see what works best!
- July 19, 2022 at 7:24 am #663873
- July 19, 2022 at 4:04 am #663815Alicia SunriseLadyRegistered On: June 3, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 74Has thanked: 587 timesBeen thanked: 262 times
I have been epilating since December and it is the best solution for hair removal that I have found. A bit [lol] painful at first but much less so after a while. Also important to vigorously exfoliate to avoid ingrown hairs.
I feel so smooth and sexy afterwards and remain hair free for 2-3 weeks. An added bonus is that the new hair growth isn’t sharp like from shaving but very soft, there is also much less now.
- July 19, 2022 at 7:25 am #663874
- July 19, 2022 at 1:58 am #663809Haley AnnDuchessRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 291Has thanked: 261 timesBeen thanked: 1356 times
I have light body hair, so I only shave my legs every few days…but I love doing it! It makes me feel so fem and sexy to sit on that corner shower seat and shave my long, thin, and now summer tanned legs. Love yourself, love others.
- July 19, 2022 at 1:28 am #663807Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1100Has thanked: 4165 timesBeen thanked: 4913 times
It is a war of attrition Dee, you are not really doing anything wrong. Electrolysis or laser treatments are the best – and costly. Waxing is messy but have you thought of a salon as another way as they see men coming in for waxing more and more these days.
Shaving is an ongoing process and using creams may have an effect in the long term. If you shave then it is a daily routine in the shower to go over the legs and anywhere else with a weekly thorough check for those hairs you’ve missed and of course – moisturise!
- July 19, 2022 at 7:26 am #663875
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.