• Creator
    Topic
    michaela jane
    Participant
    Registered On: December 9, 2016
    Topics: 23
    Replies: 308

I needed to make an outdoor adventure and it didn’t quite work out right. Nothing serious happened thankfully but I had it all planned out. This was my 2nd ever outing, the first was just a 30 minute drive. This one was planned as a “get out of the car” trip, a first for me. I chose an interstate rest area, 40 minutes drive from my house (I picked that idea up from some lovely lady here).

So, fully dressed, I got in the car and off I went. No problems initially but then I got into traffic on the outskirts of town. Traffic lights, back ups etc…. I began to get nervous pains in my stomach and almost turned off and went back home. Eventually, I got where I wanted to be, found a nice spot away from the main parking area, close to a picnic table and sat listening to the radio for a bit while watching what was going on around me. No cars were coming past me, my parking spot was on a one way stretch toward the exit. Then the time came to get out. At that very moment, a truck came down the road and, with 6 empty parking spaces to my right, he decided to park right next to me! His window wound down and, with his truck being higher than my car, he had a good view into my window and he took advantage of it. That was enough for me, my adventure was ruined. I backed out of my parking spot and left. Hopefully I can try again next week.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Laura Lovett
      Lady
      Registered On: March 26, 2020
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 1112

Ahhhh…..  Brighton….. It’s many a long year since I was in Brighton.

Feels like that to me, but it’s only been a few months…

😊

Love Laura

1 user thanked author for this post.
        michaela jane
        Lady

More like 40 years for me! LOL

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Michelle Cross
      Lady
      Registered On: January 8, 2021
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 35

If you go out in public and look half pretty be ready to be looked at and even hit on! I don’t wear provocative clothes but often wear a skirt or dress, usually around knee length, and hose/tights. Pics are on Flickr. I have been hit on and even had young men yell compliments to me from a passing car. I do wear a female wedding ring set as I am not interested in being with a man. Now if I am am ever hit on by a beautiful woman….. !

5 users thanked author for this post.
        michaela jane
        Lady

At my age (73), I certainly was not prevocative, knee length denim skirt, long sleeved high neck top, pantyhose (tights), shoulder length wig etc….etc….

Jin Crocker
      Lady
      Registered On: November 15, 2019
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 337

Funky little coffee shops are a good place to step out in public a bit. I see some interesting people there, myself included!

Hilda Beaumont
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 14, 2020
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 208

Hi Michaela

I think you did very well; you overcame your nervousness and stayed strong despite things not going quite as you had hoped. So definitely more than a Pyrrhic victory. I’m not convinced that rest stops and similarly isolated places are a good choice for us sisters. They are often rendezvous for those with nefarious intentions. I’ve been out dressed during the day quite a lot but I’m lucky in that I live in Brighton which is very, very LGBTQ+ friendly and I find that supermarkets, shops, coffee shops and restaurants are welcoming and helpful whatever it is I’m buying; from food to lipstick to lunch.  To get to the various venues I invariably travel on the local buses. Again Brighton is blessed with excellent public transport and during the lockdown everyone has to wear masks so my ‘developing’ make up skills aren’t revealed. In all of these occasions except one  I have been solo. The exception was meeting up with the lovely Laura for coffee in the Old Steine. These highly public places offer considerable security and most folk just want to go about their daily business without taking too much notice of their surroundings.

I hope this is helpful

Love and hugs

HildaRuth xx

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Laura Lovett
        Lady

Hi HR

That was a lovely day – so idyllic, looking out to the pier and the sea beyond, past the fountains, over the gardens, sipping hot coffee, putting the world to rights whilst watching it go by.

People around were minding their own business – either that or smiling – I don’t recall a single frown coming our way.

So excited that in a month and a half we can do it again!

Love Laura

michaela jane
        Lady

Ahhhh…..  Brighton….. It’s many a long year since I was in Brighton.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Terri
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 17, 2016
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 186

Michaela,
      First, in my opinion, going to rest stop by yourself was a bad choice to go enfemme. Im your age and first went out in 1979 or 80 to a CD party. It was a life changing experience. Meeting others like myself was amazing. After you build up some confidence. Go to a diner and have someone to eat. The waitress does care what you look like. From looking at your pics I think you will have no problem. Most people dont care. As soon as I open my mouth people know Im a man. Your going out to be yourself. Each time it will get easier.
      Yours Terri

6 users thanked author for this post.
        Diana Morgan
        Lady
        Registered On: February 22, 2021
        Topics: 8
        Replies: 647

What sort of diners do you go to Terri?

Alarmed

Diana

Terri
          Duchess

Lol Just realized my error of writing someone instead of something. I don’t frequent the Hannibal Lector diner.

michaela jane
        Lady

Thanks Terri, I  know you are on my side, but sitting in a diner and having someone to eat? Love it! 😉😚

Terri
          Duchess

Going out in public is a big step. But the more you do it , it gets easier and more enjoyable. Something like rollerskating. Also meeting others like yourself is just as rewarding as talking to a therapist.
          Yours Terri

Regine Rich
      Princess
      Registered On: October 9, 2020
      Topics: 32
      Replies: 889

Hi Michaela.
      When I first read your post, I was going to jump in and defend the man, until I read he was in a pickup, not a Truck in my opinion. but I am still going to,lol
      I read several comments calling the driver a creep, which is what raised my ire
      As a long haul semi driver for years, I feel I have a little insight here.
      Yes, semi drivers all look down into your cars as we pass, or park beside you, but what do you expect? men will be men, but that doesnt make us “creeps”. The life of a semi driver is very lonely(I loved it), and we get few pleasures on the road, we are the most necessary, but hated group out there. The sight of a beautiful, or even pleasant looking woman, brings a little spark of happiness into our world, if even for a few minutes. By the way, a view of happy children in the back seat does the same!
      Sorry if this seems a rant, but I felt I needed to defend semi drivers everywhere,
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

Olivia Livin
        Lady
        Registered On: October 22, 2018
        Topics: 47
        Replies: 1620

Regine

Thumbs up to the truckers who get it there for us. Everything we consume or desire was loaded and hauled by at least one truck, generally several.

The naughty part of me sometimes likes being the entertainment committee chairperson.

Liv

Headin to the corner(head down)

michaela jane
        Lady

Regine, PICKUP!!!!   that’s the word I was looking for. Thank you! Most people around me just call them a truck and us expat Brits have a hard time working out if a truck is a semi-truck (half a truck?), 18 wheeler, tractor trailer or a pickup truck. Back home, it’s simply a lorry, be it a 7.5 ton or a 32 ton articulated. or whatever, it’s just a lorry.

Thanks for your defence of professional drivers, I spent 20 years on the road as a service engineer, not on trucks or lorries but in a car and have great respect for truckers, yep, even in the UK they are truckers, even if they drive lorries.

In all of this, my outing was without incident, it was all in my head and I know that, the guy who parked next to me was probably not interested in me at all, he might have even been doing the same thing as me, we’ll never know.

Regine Rich
          Princess
          Registered On: October 9, 2020
          Topics: 32
          Replies: 889

Thank you, Michaela,
          I get very defensive sometimes, on the attitude of the general population towards truckers, and have to speak up when I can, and in the case of a “truck”, it infuriates me when the news reports an accident or otherwise ,caused by a “truck”, and it ends up being said pickup.Just re-enforces the bad image we have,
          As for your outing, I am so glad it didnt end badly, all things considered, and hope you get your nerve up soon,
          Hugs, Regi👩💕🚒

Paula F
      Duchess
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 1075

Congrats on handling the traffic without a major problem.   In a way it may have been good that you saw a potential creep for what he was, esp so soon in your excursions.  Too many trips without a problem causes complacency and you could had your guard down.  Having one so early may help keep you on your toes.

All of you girls, go out and have fun, but please be aware and careful too.  Things can change so quickly.  We want you back here in the same condition as the last time you logged out.

PaulaF

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Amy Myers
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 11, 2019
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 1322

I think I would have done much the same as you. That sounds a bit scary, ‘course it might have been just fine. As a previous poster said, if your presentation is good enough, you will attract some attention from men.

More populated areas seem a lot scarier at first for us, but I think they are safer as there is little chance anything bad is likely to happen with more people around. My experience is that folks are usually busy in their own lives and world that they don’t pay all much attention. We feel like the world is watching us, but the reality is quite different.

Just my few cents worth. Hope your next outing goes better!

Amy

Sa•man•tha
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: January 21, 2018
      Topics: 473
      Replies: 1802

Probably a ‘meeting’ place?

Araminta.

Yea rest areas are notorious about that.  Might be a better spot for in the daytime.  Evening or night, there may be a park, a cemetery or even around your neighborhood as safer options?  Just thinkin’ out loud.  Mad props on trying tho Michaela, absolutely!!  Hope it goes better for ya next time hon ❤

Bridgette VonSmirff
      Lady
      Registered On: October 18, 2020
      Topics: 29
      Replies: 902

Really, I think you did well not letting the traffic stop you, and I believe you audio did right in leaving when a creep showed up. Creepers gonna creep. That’s where being around more people is usually safer, as others have said. Try, try again, and don’t let the creeps win.

Bridgette

Alice Underwire
      Lady
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 3083

Hi Michaela,

As Grace and others say, you did very well getting out into traffic and the highway.  Your story shows the need of being prepared for a potential assault/threat.  You might consider mace or ensure you have a cell to call 911.

For your next outing consider a pubic well visited location like a gas station or coffee shop.

Alice

Araminta Purdy
      Duchess
      Registered On: January 23, 2020
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 343

Probably a ‘meeting’ place?

Araminta.

Sandy Jayson
      Duchess
      Registered On: September 29, 2019
      Topics: 22
      Replies: 479

Michaela, sorry your adventure didn’t go as planed. Your plan sounds like the one I’ve posted here a few times. The first time it was several minutes before I got out of the car and if someone had parked next to me I would have chickened out also. Others have posted here also beware of rest stops, I would say that if you know the place and you did like I did and went out during daylight hours you should be OK. I wanted to be seen but only from a distance, it’s easy to pass at 30 to 80 ft. My most concerning time was when a couple parked next to my car when I was sitting at a park bench about 30 ft away. Fortunately they were busy walking the dog that after 5 min. it was easy for my to walk back to the car. Best of luck next time.
      Sandy

michaela jane
        Lady

Yes, it may well have been your idea that spurred me on. For me it was daylight, just after lunch and yes, I sat in the car scoping out the close area. It was just as I was about to get out of the car that the uninvited guest turned up. I will be trying again, same place maybe, I liked the layout.

Sandy Jayson
          Duchess
          Registered On: September 29, 2019
          Topics: 22
          Replies: 479

better luck next timeSandy

Effie Jayne
      Duchess
      Registered On: February 7, 2021
      Topics: 27
      Replies: 679

🦋 I think you did great Michaela! 🌼🧚‍♀️ before long you will fully out and about!!

🌹🧚🏼🍀

Stephanie Scott
      Lady
      Registered On: February 8, 2021
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 246

Michaela,

Actually sounds like victory to me! 😊

Couple things:
      1) I’m guessing that because you presented a very feminine appearance, you drew the attention of the trucker. As we know, men are primarily stimulated by the visual, AND men tend to be more aggressive initiators of contact (good and bad). Honestly, I’d take his attention as a compliment in its context. Back when I used to go out when dressed, take long drives, etc., I had truckers pass me and honk their horns on the road, and I once had a trucker pass by and turn around so he could honk TWICE while I was pumping gas in my above the knee skirt and heels. Obviously, they seemed to appreciate my feminine projection, and I took it as a compliment.

2) As I’ve said on other threads, being out en femme raised my awareness of security issues women face. For all intents and purposes, you ARE a woman in those scenarios in terms of being the “prey” or the “target” of those men out there who have bad intentions. That awareness then informed my future actions en femme such that I started acting more responsibly for my safety — parking under lights, avoiding rest stops, parking near others, etc.

I commend that approach to you, because you’re obviously pretty enough to draw attention! That is both good AND bad! 😊 🤗

God bless,
      Steph

Diana Morgan
      Lady
      Registered On: February 22, 2021
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 647

Wow Michaela you accomplished so much! Driving in daylight en femme, so you didn’t get to step out of the car – toobad betterluck next time. Don’t let one small incident spoil the day for you, you went out and provided an eyeful for a lonely trucker, he will probanly dream of you on his way to wherever he goes!

Keep on doing what your doing sister- you’re an inspiration.

Big warm hugs

Diana

Angela Booth
      Lady
      Registered On: August 1, 2020
      Replies: 106

Hi Michaela. At what point was this day ruined? You went out and didn’t turn back when nervous in the traffic queue. You arrived and got out of the car. You sat and watched the world go by. What happened when the semi parked up? Nothing. What’s the likelihood of seeing that driver again?

To me you had a resounding success as you overcame a lot to do what you did. We all have nerves going out and see things that aren’t there. You did well girl and keep going.

michaela jane
        Lady

I didn’t get out of the car Angela, that’s why I said my trip was ruined. Also, not a semi-truck, just a truck as all Americans call Ford F150.

Angela Booth
          Lady
          Registered On: August 1, 2020
          Replies: 106

I stand corrected but you got there. Maybe next time the next step…

Tabitha B.
      Duchess
      Registered On: August 23, 2015
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 79

When it comes to Rest Areas, check to see if there is a designated “Cars Only” parking area. Some Rest Areas were designed this way in order to give more (longer) parking spaces for 18 wheelers than for cars. But, these Rest Areas provide an unintended benefit for us girls!

Tabitha B.

michaela jane
        Lady

Yes, thanks Tabitha, I am aware. By “truck” in my post, I meant a Ford F150 type of vehicle.

Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 124

As they say one step at a time, and what a big step this was. I am sure you will stay out longer and go further next time. As Grace said maybe he just wanted to get a better look at a beautiful woman.

Holly

Laura Lovett
      Lady

The hardest part of going out is getting out, and getting out of the car is the hardest part of all!

I still find it difficult – but it’s like swimming in cold water – once you’re in, it’s lovely, and it’s often best to just dive right in rather than think about it first.

Love Laura

Stephanie Kennedy
      Princess
      Registered On: March 15, 2019
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 701

Hi Michaela. Make use of those feminine feelings. If it does not feel right its just not right for you at the time. You have to feel safe and comfortable firstly. The good thing is you are letting the woman in you get some fresh air. You as a person are beginning to be whole, that’s a wonderful thing for you and the people that are close to you. Good for you.

Luv Stephanie

Grace Scarlett
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: February 16, 2021
      Topics: 65
      Replies: 1348

Michaela.

Every story has two sides, perhaps he just parked next to the gorgeous girl on her own..because you were there. If it had been a family in your car, he would probably have parked well away…..Gosh, we all know what men are like, haha.

It’s so good to hear that it didn’t put you off, and you are giving it another go…well done…

Grace xx

Sandy Honey
      Lady
      Registered On: February 24, 2021
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 143

Sorry it didn’t completely turn out the way you planned. When I travel as Sandy and have to stop at a rest area I park right in front of the building. I wouldn’t feel safe as a lone woman parked away from the main parking area. But the fact that you did this is a giant step in your growth as a woman.

Sandy

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account