Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi everyone.  Many years ago during the process of my divorce my x asked me, “don’t they make a pill for your condition you could take?”   Since CD’ing was the main inpitus for a painful divorce, I must admit that I would have probably taken the “pill” had it existed.  That was then.  Today I would never consider anything like that.  Gets me to the question.  Have you ever had a time  when you wished you could make your CD’ing go away?   Look forward to your thoughts.   Z

Gina Angelo
      Ambassador

Computer says ‘no’

Giggle

Hi Zoe,

Many years ago, I thought that crossdressing was behind me, but of course it wasn’t. At times I have thought I would do anything to get rid of this burden, and yes if a pill had been available at the time the chances are I would have taken it. But until only fairly recently, I didn’t understand my ‘condition’, now that I am getting to understand the whole me, I am of a different opinion, now I definitely would not take the pill. I am me and I need to accept that, taking a pill, might change some of my actions, but, more importantly, it would change the person I am for something society would like to accept as ‘normal’.  We, as members of the crossdressing community, may not be what some in society regard as ‘normal’ but we are members of society that deserve the respect and dignity that should be afforded to all. Taking a pill would not help me, it would only serve to help society fell better about the fact that I am different, we are different and should be proud of that fact and society, at some point, needs to come to terms that not all people are ‘normal’.

Twenty years ago, I was outed to my parents, and I would have jumped all over the idea of a pill.  At the time, my fears got the best of me.  Telling both my parents and the psychiatrist what I thought each wanted to hear, I would have done almost anything to be rid of these feelings at the time.  Feeling that I had lose the love and respect of my parents, I was scared and did the only thing that I could do.  I buried a part of myself so deep, hoping that it would not resurface.

And for those twenty years, I thought that I had been successful.  I lived my life, and married the love of my life.  But in reality, those feelings never went away.  In retrospect, I know that they just found other ways to manifest.  Now as I move forward on a new path, I understand that I am who I am.  The same part me that enjoys wearing a dress and heels is the same part of me that makes me a compassionate and loving husband.  To say that these feelings were any type of illness that could be cured with medicine, I know today is wrong. I hope never to consider doing anything other than embracing every part of who I am.

I apologize for the erratic nature of this response.  I spoke here from my heart and just let the words flow and my fingers type.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Good (hot Australian) afternoon ladies,

I have two comments to add to this topic/.

1/. When I first married I “fessed up” to my then wife, who then hated it with a passion for all of the almost 3 decades we were “together”… (sic)

I deference to her, I underwent “counselling” which largely comprised of “take a cold shower and think about being dressed and it will go away”.  And of course, it did not!

As the years went by being “Caty” became a major stress relief/ distraction from a very busy career and a “just for the sake of the children” marriage. The fact my job involved much interstate and overseas travel meant that “Caty” was always with me on these trips, the 60-70lbs of all up luggage was a “bit of a drag”,  (groan!!), but I soon realised that being Caty was an integral part of me and was never going to go away.

I also strongly contend that my female side made it very easy to make strong lifelong female friends from many parts of the world.

So no there is “no pill”!

Cut to recent years with my new wonderful partner, (who these days knows about Caty, but strongly disapproves), but when we first got together, it did feel like I had “taken a pill”. In that life was so wonderful with her I did not even think about my CD life until about four or five years had passed.

Then the inevitable happened and these days I think I have nearly as much female clothing as she does, certainly in the lingerie and formal wear  dept!!

So in summary, being interested in waering the clothes of the opposite gender is nota “sickness”, so it therefore follows, it cant be cured witha “pill”

Happy Dressing

Caty Ryan

Patty Phose
      Duchess

No. I always enjoyed dressing up. I’ve done it since I was 4.

There were many times in my life I would have gladly gobbled up that pill. As a teenager, sneaking around to “borrow” my mother’s  clothes. As a young husband and father, dressing in the basement “boiler room” in the middle of the night to avoid detection.  As a single divorced father, conflicted between the desire to date women and to shave my body hair and dress like them. And too many other times to mention. Every time I went through the purge cycle, I would have gladly taken that pill.

Even today, I must admit there are days I would gladly take that pill. My experience with the women in my life was that they were not at all accepting of my dressing and, because of that, I have cut myself off from dating or pursuing any kind of romantic relationship. There are times when I’m completely comfortable with that — it allows me to be selfish, when I’m normally way too giving. But there are times when I’m lonely and wish I had a partner I could share ALL OF ME with.

Anonymous

first to answer the question NO, now for the reasons, i was born a a male but always identified as female, even as a infant child  though toddler phase adolescences,older teen years , into adulthood and now the beginnings of my senior years i didn’t ask for this but learned to accept it, and come to enjoy that i am different, i had boyfriends and girlfriend  a wonderful wife, some not all embraced the fact of my CDing Living as a women, but, made adjustments on both sides, be who you  where born to be and just enjoy life sorry about the long answer

My thoughts are more on the line of; do they make a pill to “fix” those who judge us and use negative comments to make us feel shame about being who we are?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?