Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

For the past six weeks, I’ve been leading a discussion with a small group focused on the book “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle. (Have you read this book? I’d love to hear your thoughts.) This is maybe the 5th time I’ve read this book, so it’s not new. Gradually, it has become entrained in my being to a certain degree, and it continues to transform my thinking and observation of my soul.

It occurred to me recently that there is a very relevant connection between the principles in this book and the experience of a CDer. Well, at least THIS CDer, lol. More on that later.

In the book, Eckhart mentions that a lot of adventure sports enthusiasts are addicted to the activity because it requires so much attention and presence that they get to experience the power of Now.

What is that Power of Now? Have you ever been so engrossed in a project that you lost track of time and place? Have you ever found yourself in the “zone?” Have you ever been struck by beauty so deeply that you felt one with your surroundings? That’s the Now, the presence of your true essence.

Yes, this is a spiritual principle, and it spans any and all practices. There are too many references to this principle to name. I won’t prattle on for pages here, but I hope you get the idea.

So how many times when you were dressed did you feel a sense of centered peace, a sense of your true essence coming to life? Did the rest of the world seem more alive and intense and benevolent when you are dressed? When you are dressed, do you find yourself (at least sometimes) intensely present to your body and to your mind and to your very spirit?

This is the Power of Now. It is finding our way to our true essence where love, joy, and peace have their source. It is what happens when the worries and fears and sadness fall away so that we can see and feel the crystal clear purity of our essence.

Did I say that this can be addictive? I’m guessing that most of you know what I mean. You and I don’t want to take the dress off, we count the days and hours until our next time that we can be totally present to who we are.

A year ago, I read a post here on CDH that said “We are the chosen ones.” For the experience of this intense joy and peace, for the experience of love of myself, I am grateful.

I’d love to hear from you if you are willing to describe your experience of oneness, joy, peace in the connection with your pure essence through dressing. Does any of this make sense to you?

Barbara
      Lady

I would say you described perfectly what I feel but never thought of it this way. I am so happy you shared these thoughts.

When I dress I feel no stress, no pressure, and very at ease and content. (and pretty on some days) I enter the fun zone! The ME zone!

XOXO

Barbara

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Lorie;

That tends to reflect my experience as well. The feeling of becoming feminine is sometimes almost overpowering, and yes, I dressed yesterday, but won’t be able to for at least a week. I have one of my children home for “reading week”, and unless he goes back early, I won’t be able to transform. I’m hoping that I won’t get to antsy because I can’t let Amy out of her box, so to speak.

I know exactly what you mean about counting days, hours, till I have that time to dress. That’s wht I’m doing now!

My wife is sometimes a partner with me, but not always. Here’s a point I’ve never heard discussed, I feel that my femme side is also my sub side, or bottom, if we were talking BDSM, which we’re not I know. But still, when I get dressed with my wife, then cook, clean, do other things for my wife, and I love doing it! Does anyone else feel this way too?

I keep describing myself as new to this, which is true only to the extent that I now have my femme side out in the open, but only in my head, as I’ve dressed the odd time since I was young, I’ve never been outside, and don’t intend to reveal myself to any one else in the family.

I do also feel peaceful and happy dressed. My conundrum is that though I love Amy, and love being her, I also love my male side, and am trying to become in harmony with the two. Which I don’t feel I am right now.

It seems sometimes that she is becoming more demanding, and I’m scared as to where she will want to take me.

Amy

Thank you, Amy.

I too get scared at how strong my femme wants expression. I wonder with trepidation where it might lead me. But it is me, and I revel in the expression.

I too look for harmony. As I’ve explored it as an expression of my place on the continuum, I realize that I sit in one place. I move around a bit. All normal.

Hugs, Lorie

Hi Lorie, Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think of my “true essence” as me, minus all my silly judgements and meanings that I assign to everything. Which for me, leaves only love. I am pure love. Everything else is false (the stories I make up). I do occasionally feel the real me, but I’m usually to distracted by my mind (ie. my inner voice) which dominates my consciousness with such noise as “your just a man in a dress” or “this is silly”. I just keep giving these types of thoughts up. I choose to stand in the fact that one day, if I keep “watching the watcher (ie. me) and listening, I will live more in the “Power of Now” and less in the power of fear. Tolle also wrote a sequel called “Practicing the Power of Now” which is also quite helpful. Again,thank you for sharing. You are a wise and much appreciated guide to many of us who have just begun this long and wonderfully exciting journey of self-acceptance. Love and peace… Beverly

Thanks, Samantha.

You said, “I’ve always just thought of it as a sure sign that I’m on the right path ”

That’s the other good thing about our internal compass: it will tell us the right path by how good it feels. Yayy!

Hugs, Lorie

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?