Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Samantha Joan
      Hostess

So, after a long wait, we finally get to see what The New Mutants is all about. 

Heavily delayed by Coronavirus/Lockdown, I suppose this could be classed as the second major release after the epic that is Tenet. 

Compared to other X-Men/Mutant films, the film has a dark tone running from beginning to end. While other films in the franchise have huge sets, this film is set in one location, with only a handful of actors and as such, has a claustrophobic feel to it. This goes to improve character development and in turn, the overall story. 

For those fans of 80’s classics and like me of a certain age, there is a “Breakfast Club” quality about the story, with the audience getting to understand the challenges and demons each character ultimately has to face and overcome. 

For die hard X-Men fans, there are hints and references to the larger universe, however we do not get any sense of timeline or when this film fits, although from a personal opinion, the X-Men timeline has been played about with a tad too much! 

For a relatively short film, I found The New Mutants to be an excellent, darker edition to the whole franchise, while it will not be everyone’s cup of tea, I thoroughly enjoyed it, regardless of what the reviewers on imdb say. 

A solid 8/10 

As always, let me know what you think. 

Hugs 

Samantha x x  

Anonymous

My wife and I went to see this film; it was Bettylou’s first date.  It was interesting, but to me, the entire film felt like it was the background/ introduction for the REAL movie.  I also found it too dark for my personal taste – but that is just me  I’m waiting to see how the characters work together in the sequel before passing final judgement.

Thanks, I’ll have to keep an eye out for this. I was crazy for the comic books back in the day.

Josie Angel
      Duchess

I’m so glad you likes this one.  It was one of my favorites this year.  I love everything Anya Taylor Joy does.  I like the comparison you made to The Breakfast Club.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?