- September 30, 2022 at 7:02 am #680164Michelle LastParticipantRegistered On: August 14, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 33Has thanked: 45 timesBeen thanked: 356 times
How many of you girls have noticed that lingerie has a certain scent to it. It doesn’t smell like anything else in the world, but I love that smell.
- October 2, 2022 at 10:41 pm #680761Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 124Replies: 1128Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 4610 times
I love the natural scent of silk lingerie, even better when I’ve had some scented sachets in my bra and panty drawer…Just need to buy more of the latter as the old ones have “lost it”
1 user thanked author for this post.
- October 1, 2022 at 12:30 pm #680409Emily LaceLadyRegistered On: February 26, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 170Has thanked: 1050 timesBeen thanked: 1034 times
I recently went to high end lingerie boutique while traveling and was intoxicated with the smell in the building. All of the items were stored in drawers with beautifully scented potpourri bags. I picked out a beautiful pair of white panties with the most feminine lace inserts. I had to have them, so even though they were quite pricey, I bit the bullet and purchased them. The scent remained on the panties, and when I went to wear them a few days later, I couldn’t help but take a few inhales. I swear I could even catch a slight whiff of the heavenly scent even under my drab clothes.
Brought back some lovely memories of trying on some of my mother’s things when I was younger as she also kept potpourri bags in her lingerie drawer.
- October 1, 2022 at 12:49 am #680323Marlene KayeLadyRegistered On: September 11, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 30Has thanked: 30 timesBeen thanked: 150 times
the fragrant odor of nylon at the second hand store……nylons previously worn…stockings and panties from the local church…virgin pantyhose looking for a home to live in……what else could be in store? just ask the staff….if they wanna sell you all the support pantyhose in one bulk order? do you got the gut to ask?….let me know if you wimp out…..I could use the extra pantyhose if you dont ask……always on the look out for more pantyhose……..lol …jj love Marlene
1 user thanked author for this post.
- September 30, 2022 at 8:37 pm #680311Peggy Sue WilliamsDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 428Has thanked: 1603 timesBeen thanked: 2089 times
Thinking back to my pre teen years, I can still recall the scent of lingerie, when I would cross dress. In particular, in the 1950s and early 60s, the Playtex Living girdle had a unique scent that was intoxicating. Every time I wore the Playtex girdle it sent me into the Pink Fog, as I inhaled that wonderful scent!
- September 30, 2022 at 5:50 pm #680295
- September 30, 2022 at 1:13 pm #680252Jess SecretLadyRegistered On: February 18, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 530Has thanked: 1365 timesBeen thanked: 2266 times
- September 30, 2022 at 10:20 am #680215Lauren MugnaiaDuchessRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 19Replies: 496Has thanked: 7023 timesBeen thanked: 2746 times
- September 30, 2022 at 9:28 am #680198Katherine LeighLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 41Has thanked: 764 timesBeen thanked: 225 times
- September 30, 2022 at 9:06 am #680193Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1288Has thanked: 4755 timesBeen thanked: 5834 times
- September 30, 2022 at 10:36 am #680218
- September 30, 2022 at 7:52 am #680183Natalie JonesLadyRegistered On: September 20, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 134Has thanked: 458 timesBeen thanked: 712 times
I agree, It’s the scent of femininity!
for years I kept different pretty smelling bath soaps in my stash containers , Slipping on a lavender scented nightie or slip is simply marvelous.
But lingerie on its own does have a scent and it seems the more lace the stronger the scent!
nice posting Michelle
- September 30, 2022 at 7:45 am #680179Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 29Replies: 1651Has thanked: 11291 timesBeen thanked: 8235 times
Scents are powerful and can bring back old memories in a flash or excite us or even warn us… too musky?.. needs washing.
In the past I’ve gotten many items from thrift stores and always love the scent of the previous womans perfume. Some are very perfumed while others have a kind of a wardrobe scent thats hard to describe. I always wash the item before any serious wearing and some perfumes remain but faintly. Then there is the scent of the material itself like spandex, nylon, and other materials.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.