Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Aoife
      Lady

Always kinda surprised me that there hasn’t been a whole discussion about the Simpsons!  Not only was its 1990-1997 run one of the greatest in TV history, there are numerous instances of all the Simpson men being strongly drawn to the feminine!

Bart, Homer, and Abe all have been seen either actively crossdressing or fantasising about being women. Usually they are seen at their happiest here – Abe dreaming of being the Queen of the Old West, Homer no longer needing Marge if he had a wig of her signature do, and perhaps most of all Bart in a wig dancing to “It’s In His Kiss.”

Maybe it was our age, but that last one connected most. Felt kinda embarrassed when I was having stereo trouble one time I tried to play my mom’s Girl Groups CD one day when I was six.

What are your thoughts on the Simpsons? Do you feel these were all cheap laughs or is there something real and relatable in the gender issues the Simpson men lived with?

P.S. This is also has the motivation of looking for the other girls who grew up in the 90s.

Hi there Aoife…..interesting article.  I am a girl born in 1949!!! At age 25, I decided that being an adult, taking things seriously and fretting over world affairs was no fun. Vietnam had a saying…..”There it is….it don’t mean nothin”.  Now I am permanently 25.  I like the Simpsons……to me they are a representation of most human beings……idiots blindly wandering around thru life, being simpltons! They make me laugh….a show that mocks most of what we experience in life. Having a simple/fun life is what it is all about. Don’t worry….be Happy. I think that they were patterned upon the 3 Stooges, I love them. When you think about it……whatever we fuss about in life…”don’t mean nuthin” in the eyes of the Universe. Whatever we fretted about….in a hundred years won’t matter to us of the rest of the world. So why not enjoy it…live it up, laugh it up!

Abe…Queen of the West…..play upon Pruscilla…Queen of the Desert.

I found South Park to be very stupid at first………but it grows on you. Now I watch all the episodes and apart from the vulgarity (which typifies todays youth) it actually takes a lot of small bit of me growing up…..hell, I didn’t know what fuc- was until I was 20!!! Simpler times….freedom to roam everywhere and not worry about criminals….we could say what we could say….no racism or politically correct crap.

I guess both shows take me back to my childhood when the world was a much rosier than today.

Dame Veronica Graunwolf

Aoife
      Lady

About a week ago I saw a Simpsons GIF I had never seen before of Homer spinning around gleefully in a white dress. This must be from the 20-something seasons I haven’t watched, so I was happy to see that this part of his character had remained.

The person who sent it to me is a stranger, so totally certain that she had no idea I am a CD, but it was one of the best things I could have seen.

Simpsons is one of my fave long running shows !  I’ve been watching it for years, and I’ve noted how the drawings have changed so much over the years.  The early seasons were rather crude, but the later ones are way more refined.

Show also has alot of pop culture references too.

Anonymous

I’ve been watching The Simpsons since its first appearances on The Tracey Ullman Show, I loved it then and still do, so many memorable characters and watching for the pop references keeps me interested.

Bart doing “It’s in his Kiss” – priceless.

Diana – crazy cat lady

ChloeC
      Duchess

I’ve watched a number of Simpsons episodes, although I only remember a few of them.  I do like them considerably more (probably even more than that) than Family Guy because Lisa and Marge are treated with some respect, a lot more than some characters in that other…animation. But I don’t want to go there.  It does appear that the Simpsons are continuing to treat issues like crossdressing with consideration, staying at least a little away from vulgarity and I appreciate that.

Anonymous

You are on the mark about F.G. Chloe, The Simpsons dither about in a world of fairly innocent comedy whereas the F.G. world is populated by a lot of cruel and violent tropes e.g. Peter’s constant belittling of his own daughter, Stewies almost constant attempts to kill his own mother and the old pedophile with the designs on Chris….. and Quagmire…….

They make Montgomery Burns look like a saint.

Diana

Anonymous

Hello…

Not the biggest fan, but i loved barts prank calls to moe’s tavern asking for……

Amanda Hugginkiss, I.P freely, Hugh Jass and Ivana Tinkle to name but a few…..the animation was so funny…

Grace x

Anonymous

Moe: Amanda Hugginkiss…. why can’t I find Amanda Hugginkiss….

The eternal question…

Diana

Anonymous

The simpson great show still watch it Now talk about South Park they will bring everyone into the mix.

Oh girl, I’m in total agreement with you. The first 7 seasons of The Simpsons is some of the all-time greatest television ever made, Although, that first season was a little rough.

I think there is definitely something going on with Abe in particular. There are numerous crossdressing lines or moments that I can remember in those early seasons (I stopped watching after the 8th or 9th season). In addition to the queen of the old west, there’s the one where he’s a burlesque dancer for a German crowd that includes Hitler hitting on him (I think it’s a reference to Cabaret).

There’s the one where the Simpson’s leave town without giving him his medication. At the end of the episode he’s en femme and being hit on by one of his friends. As if the medication was keeping him from slipping into his femme self.  Abe says something like, “There’s something I need to tell you” and his friend says, “I’ve got Steve and Eydie tickets” and Abe says, “I’m all yours!” (seems like this might have been a nod to the last scene in Some Like It Hot).

I remember another one where he fondly remembers women’s clothes from the 40’s and says something like, “Oh, they had such designers in those days.”

It’s not over the top, but there’s definitely a theme there.

Aoife
        Lady

Sure is! I love the way it’s been passed down the line. Every time I wondered if there was something wrong with me, it was great to see Bart jumping around in a wig or walking in heels or fantasising about being disguised en femme. He does all that and then says hunting (a bunch of guys alone in the woods) seems kinda gay. Much as he was criticised back then, he was the only voice of reason!

I think the woods bit is from the John Waters episode. One of my faves!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?