Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Sadly this year, Gwenn and I will not be going to our traditional Halloween party and even though I may still try to possibly dress up a bit goth or Wednesday Addams for the fun of it.  So in honor of the season and a bit of silly fun, I have been watching horror movies like crazy, especially seeking out some older films that I have not seen in a very long while or at all.   I also tried to read some Ray Bradbury or Richard Matheson or even Robert Bloch to get into the “spirit” you might say  ;).  I was curious if anyone else enjoys a good scary movie or book and would love to share.

Movie:  The Planet of the Vampires

Book: I am Legend – Richard Matheson

Hugs,

Michelle

Stacy Ann May
      Duchess

Hi Michelle!

My house gets egged if there’s no one here to pass out Halloween candy, so I’ll be staying at home for this holiday… again! It won’t be easy to stay at home next year, when Halloween will be on the weekend.

The good thing is that I have a ticket to see an advance screening of the new film “Doctor Sleep” on the night before Halloween, and I’m looking forward to seeing that one very much. I’m a fan of Stanley Kubrick’s 1980 classic “The Shining” and am very curious about the sequel, even though I wasn’t that hot on Stephen King’s followup book version. I’m more excited about the film adaptation because the director is Mike Flanagan, who directed one of my favorite horror movies “Oculus”, a 2013 film I’m happy to recommend!

I’ve also recently seen “One Cut Of The Dead”, a rather clever and amusing low-budget Japanese zombie film from last year that is one of the highest rated films this year.

And there’s an excellent South Korean zombie movie set on a train called “Train To Busan” which I absolutely loved. I actually cried at the ending – which is something that doesn’t happen to me in very many zombie movies! Anyway, “Train To Busan” should be available on Netflix in most countries and to stream on Amazon. I also recommend that film very highly.

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

I absolutely loved “Train to Busan” as well. And will need to find O”Cut of the Dead” always like a good zombie film.

Aoife
      Lady

Finally started watching What We Do In the Shadows and really love it. Having a hard time pacing it out. Not exactly scary but definitely our kind of thing.

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Cool, I have not heard of that show but will check it out, thanks! 🙂

Not exactly horror, but I loved the vampire chronicles by Anne Rice

Abby M
      Lady

If you want to watch something based off of the book I am Legend, I would recommend the movie The Last Man on Earth starring Vincent Price. I feel that it is the most faithful adaptation to the book. Omega Man scared me as a kid, literally made me afraid to go to bed. Now I laugh at how campy 70s it feels. I really like shitty movies from studios like the Asylum pictures. I think Abraham Lincoln vs Zombies and Nazis at the Center of the Earth are two really good ones. Uwe Bolls Bloodrayne Third Reich is pretty decent. Other then that, I really want to watch the Halloween Town movies this year. They always made it seem like a season worth celebrating, where I moved we didn’t get trick or treaters and during Highschool I was either sick on Halloween or the firestorm happened and it was effectively cancelled. I want to watch those movies because it was a tradition and I feel like some of our traditions became lost after a while. It will help recapture that sense of innocence I guess.

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Hi Abby,

I absolutely love that movie and of course Vincent Price.  Since this year’s party is cancelled I have been watching a ton of old movies with Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, or Peter Cushing. It has been a lot of fun.  Omega Man scared me too when I was a kid, too. Will have to check out the other ones you mentioned, always looking for new scares 🙂

Abby M
          Lady

I love Christopher Lee and the old Hammer films. Definitely need to watch the Horror of Dracula.

Anonymous

Hi Michelle

I love anything by Stephen King…but I do like the “Stand”…..for films.. it’s got to be “The Fog” by the legend that is John carpenter…featuring the gorgeous Adrienne Barbeau….scrummy

Huggs, grace xx

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Hi Grace,

Thanks you for the response. “The Stand” is my all time favorite book of Stephen King.  I also really like his novella “The Mist” And I am a huge Carpenter Fan.  I plan on watching “The Thing” but think I am going to add “The Fog” as well.  A great combination for a cold fall night.

Hugs,

Michelle

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Alien.  Yes, a little dated, but still a favorite.  Made aliens popping out your chest a cool thing…

The “supernatural” horror movies scare me too much.  I think I was too young first time I watched Carrie.😱

Stevie

Anonymous

Gremlins scary enough for me ….

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Hi Celeste,  Coolness, I read the Shining and never got around to the sequel.  Haven’t watch AHS in while not even sure where I left off lol  Still love the theme song from True Blood.  Happy Halloween!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?