Viewing 48 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Ladies,

I am so frustrated with shoes. I have no problem with bras, panties, pantyhose, or stockings. I go with a 40B bra perfectly. Everything else x-large and it all works.

I’m not this huge person, but I need a 13W shoe. The pickings are pretty slim. As I said I’m frustrated! What’s a girl supposed to do?

Hi Jessica
      I know it doesn’t help much but you can try pleaser shoes and there are few more shoe companies that offer larger shoes.

I am a 11 to a 11.5 but I can wear a size 11 in many shoes.

That is frustrating enough.
      I can imagine being a 13

I have a friend who is a 13 and I get frustrated for her.

I would give anything to be a size 9

Patty

Patty, you’re killin’ me girl!

11 to 11 1/2! You can wear anything.

I do have a pair of Rockport’s that are beautiful. Warm taupe from Amazon.

They have a black, but I would like a black patent and a white.

I also can’t do more then a 3 inch heel. Many years of running has pretty much eliminated any toe flexibility.

Jessica

Sorry Jessica,

I guess its true the grass is always greener.
        I thought I had it bad with the 11’s

I am sorry you can’t wear heel bigger than 3″ although thats not bad.
        My wife had foot surgery years ago and can’t either.

I hate that for you all as I love super high heels.

XOXO
        Patty

Patty,

I’m totally fine with a 3 inch max.

Hi Jessica I looked up some 3″ heels and your right that is a nice heel height absolutely.
        Definitely more manageable for all day wear, which I have never managed being in the closet.

Have you tried FSJ shoes.

They have a large variety of shoes and in larger sizes.

I have two pair from them

Patty

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Look online for women’s shoes in that size. There is a lot of sources. You can even check out some sights that sell shoes and clothes for crossdressers. Amazon, ebay, Femme Fever, Janet’s Closet, just to name a few off the top of my head.

Anonymous

I feel your pain; I’m a 13 W in women’s shoes, and without Payless, they are almost impossible to find. You can get them at Zappo’s and FSJ, but they are expen$ive. I have found a few on Amazon, and just bought a nice pair of ankle boots, Aukusor brand.

Bettylou

Hi Bettylou,

Go on Amazon and type in Rockport tm75mm.

This is a beautiful shoe, timeless. I have the “warm taupe” in 13W(ouch). They have a black in that size(I should probably get them). They have a black patent(my heart is racing)in 13M. Any thoughts Bettylou? I can always return them.

Jessica

Anonymous

Thank you, jessica; I will remember the brand, but when I looked at all 26 offerings on Amazon, I didn’t find anything larger than size 11. Oh, how I miss Payless.

Bettylou

Patty, you are one lucky girl.

“Why is that Jessica?”

Patty my dear, you can wear Christian Louboutin! To put on a pair of black patent Christians would be an experience to remember. Forever! I believe their size tops out at 12, and I think all of the shoes are a medium width.

Even just trying them on would be a treat. Patty, they do have mail order so that would eliminate the store and you could just wear then at home for a bit.

Hi Jessica,

I have seen the Louboutins used on Poshmark.
        Even used I couldn’t afford them.

well I could but it would be very irresponsible of me and my wife would kill me.
        I just can’t see paying that much for shoes I will scuff up.
        I would like to try them on.

Patty

Anonymous

I loved Payless, Bettylou. Not only were they inexpensive but the larger sizes were always toward the rear where I had some privacy to try shoes on.

Jillian

Anonymous

Yes, Jillian
        I was very shy and nervous about Betylou back then, and super-cautious about trying on women’s shoes without being seen. Now, I wish I had found them before they announced liquidation.

Back of the store? I like it.

Any thoughts on DSW?

Jessica

Anonymous

I wish I hadn’t purged all the shoes I bought there

Anonymous
      Lady

Jessica

Do not have a lot of experience with ladies shoes as the few times I have gone out dressed femme I have worn my wife’s sandals but one main difference in the UK is that ladies and mens shoe sizes are the same. Fortunately my feet at 8 are just within what is readily available

Rachel

Be sure to check 6pm as they are the sale/clearance arm for Zappos. Both are Amazon subsidiaries…

Just checking…

Are you certain that you need a size 13?

The reason I ask is that you’ll often see messages about women’s sizes being 2 numbers larger than men’s. I don’t know where that came from, but it isn’t universally true. For example, my men’s size is 9 1/2 to 10. In women’s I wear an 11.

Robin Snow
      Duchess

When I go with add 2 sizes to your male size I end up with a 14W.  When I measure my foot in centimeters,  I’m a 28.5 which comes out to a 13W.  Finding a 13 is hard enough.  Try to get it in a wide width is near impossible.

I can easily find shoe in larger sizes but I want shoes I can wear out not fetish shoes.

Sherri Cisneros
      Baroness

Jessica,

As someone who is a ladies size 16, I have a couple of suggestions.  First, if you want a nice selection to shop from, try Long Tall Sally.  Their sizes generally go to 15.  Flats, heels, boots, etc.  You will be pleased with the selection.  Secondly, Shoes.com carries pretty much the entire Pleaser line.  Most sizes to 16, some to 17.  Used to be more on the sexy side, but seem to have  added more practical styles lately.

Lastly, here is a tip from someone on the upper end of the scale to make things work.  If you have a shoe that is a bit snug, try buying a shoe stretcher off Amazon.  I use a “Shoe fitter”.  It is made of wood.  Using it in conjunction with heat, you will be amazed at the results.  Hope this helps.

I know the feeling, too.  I, too, wear a 13W in women’s shoes.  Try Torrid, they have very sexy shoes and they go to a 13WW.  I even had to go a size down in a new pair I bought and they fit perfectly.

Hi Rachel,

There is a Torrid in the Tucson Mall and many of our sisters on CDH like the Torrid near where they live. Soooo…..

A few months ago I went there. This was the first time I told a stranger that I was a crossdresser. That was the saleslady working in the store.

I thought the merchandise was a very poor quality, but I did feel welcome to shop there. I didn’t try anything on which I should have.

Jessica

Hi DeeAnn,

I did try a 12 and no good. Maybe I need a 12W. What do you think, DeAnn?

I looked through my wife’s “shoe collection” and ALL are 6 1/2.

Jessica “Big Feet”

How embarrassing!

Jessica:

While most online retailers have sizing charts with foot length measurements, there seem to be very few charts with width measurements. But, the unfortunate thing is that the vast majority of women’s shoes are only in a Medium width. For most men, that also prevents a problem. My guess is that it would be helpful to get your feet measured or some retailers have sizing templates that you can print. They accurately print as full size and you tape the sheets together to simulate the metal Brannock device…

Found some measurements:

Shoe Size Measurements

Same for me, I am a UK size 11 which equates to a US size 12. I have found a few shoes that fit in the 13W womens size but some also that don’t fit, supposedly the same size.  I have had good luck with the Shoe Show website but as you say, everywhere has slim pickings.

Nicole Markova
      Baroness

I am a size 11 in men’s shoes and also 11 in women’s shoes I found out just by trying them on but it is hard to try and find size 11 heels and other shoes

JB:

I am a bit confused by this. From the chart, a women’s size 11 is 10.5” long. A men’s size 11 is 10.9375 (or almost 11”).

Men’s & Women’s Shoe Size Comparison

I have size 13 (UK) feet,  not much choice in mens’ sizes and very difficult to get in womens size. Having not much space to store things I decided on a compromise – go for men’s shoes that fit me that are similar in style to women’s shoes. There are quite a few similar style shoes in flats –  although not exactly the same as women’s shoes they work for me.

DeeAnn i do not think there is much difference in length per size but it affects the fit. Looking at you chart if your an 11 that length is about siz12 womens maybe a touch larger 12 1/2. I know im a 8 1/2 to 9 in mens which is a size 10 womens with some variations.
      Hope that helps honey.
      Sara

Sara:

What I wrote was in response to Jessica Hendricks’ post where she stated that a size 11 in women’s was the same as a size 11 in men’s. That’s why I posted the chart. There is a difference of almost 1/2″ in length and there would also be some difference in width. Anyway, a 1/2″ difference is a lot, so what she said didn’t really make sense. I can’t imagine any circumstances where the sizes would be equivalent or even close.

I have found thredup.com has a good shoe selection if you live somewhere that they ship. I am a size 11 1/2 in women’s shoes, North American sizing, and the selection in that size is bigger than most places I have looked. I’m not sure how it fairs with bigger sizes though.

That being said, they have way more in 11, and I can fit into most 11s. But when they are tight I have a trick for that. I have this moisturizer that acts really well as a lubricant and I just slip right in.

Also, my feet used to be bigger. Through losing weight and a diligent exfoliation regiment on my feet, I am able to keep them a size down.

Lara,

11 to 11 1/2? Am I jealous! The shoe world stops at 12. Although Rockport has saved me. Great looking heels in 13 1/2.

Rockport tm75mm

Jessica

Try Janets closet.

14W in US Women’s size if I want to be vaguely comfortable. 13W maybe if they are not pointed. 46 in Dansko’s – ugly but comfortable and vaguely unisex. Even Payless was tough for me. have had occasional luck with Shoe Show or similar places, but online and paying for them seems to be my future.

[postquote quote=344704]

Clogs are completely unisex. Perhaps not so much in the US, but definitely other places around the world. Personally, I have worn out at least 3 pairs long before DeeAnn saw the light of day…

[postquote quote=344848]

One further point about this. I think many people wear the wrong size for closed heel clogs. They are not intended to fit closely like regular shoes. Due to the stiff sole, your heel has to be free to slide up and down as you walk. When you walk in open heeled types, note how the heel of your foot separates from the shoe. If the closed heel types fit too tightly and prevent this motion, it can be irritating and cause blisters. I learned this from someone who worked at a shoe store with a long history of selling Dansko and other brands.

By the time my closed ones were worn out, the stiff vertical plastic heel piece (called the heel counter?) that started out with a course pebbled texture was completely worn smooth…

Hi Amanda You are so right. I am a size 12 wide. It is so frustrating to even find a cute pair of simple sandals that are are my size. Its a online world for larger sizes unfortunately. Its not you imagination. Luv Stephanie

Heres what I did.  I am normally a 12 in M shoes.  I went to a shoe carnival, used their shoe measure things with my thinnest socks, so I could get a good read on my true foot length in”  After that I payed much more attention to the heel to toe length, and would buy what suits my foot type.  FYI one foot will be longer than the other, so plan accordingly and go after a full day of work or on your feet, because they can swell, and you want your biigliest shoe size before you try to blindly buy shoes.

Hi,

I am very lucky that I am a size 7 in men’s shoes, so no problem there.  The problem is the height of the heel.  I have one ankle that I have a problem with when walking.  What height of heel should I be looking for to wear.

Thank you in advance.

Skylar

[postquote quote=352994]

Understood. I have an arthritic ankle with limited movement. The absolute maximum that I can tolerate is a 2 1/2” difference, toe to heel, but around 2” is much more comfortable. Many of my shoes have 3” to 3 1/4” heels with a 1” to 1 1/4” platform.

So, Assuming were talking about movement, the basic question is how much flexibility do you have?

Dee Ann,

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I never have seen 1/4 or 1 inch heels.  Where would I look on line or shopping malls?

SKYLAR

Try shoes.com, they have every style, every size, fair pricing, and free returns.

[postquote quote=353026]

Many, if not all, online shoe retailers have the ability to search through their offerings. Among other things you can search based on heel height. The choices are often something like:

• Flat
      • 1” to 2”
      • 2 1/4” to 3”
      • 3 1/4” to 4”
      • Above 4”

Some online retailers:

• zappos.com (now owned by Amazon)
      • 6pm.com (clearance arm for zappos)
      • dsw.com
      • Nordstromrack.com
      • Online shoes.com
      • ShoeMall.com

Plus the brick and mortar stores usually have an online presence…

[postquote quote=353026]

Anywhere, basically. Zappos.com (which is now part of Amazon) and their clearance arm: 6pm.com, dsw.com (which has brick and mortar stores), etc. The online retailers allow you to narrow your search by size, type, brand, heel height, etc. in order to see what you are interested in. Very helpful if their full range of a retailer spans several thousand different shoes.

For more casual situations, something like this might work:

https://www.6pm.com/p/bernie-mev-lulia-navy-shimmer/product/8436658/color/209862

Bernie Mev. is the original, but I’ve also seen them sold under Canyon River Blues and Roebuck and Co. I have a couple of pairs of these and with a heel of 2 1/4” and a platform of 3/4”, the net rise is 1 1/2”. Also, there are charts that make the translation across US men’s and women’s sizes along with EU, Japanese, etc. sizes. Often they include length measurements. What the charts will show is that Rule of Thumb of 2 sizes difference between men’s and women’s sizes usually isn’t correct. It tends to be more like 1 to 1 1/2 sizes. However, inconsistency happens! I measure 10 1/2” which many charts list as a women’s 11, but some charts list 10 5/8”. Not a lot of difference, but it makes you wonder why it exists to begin with…

Sorry that post took so long. Evidently the link had to get approved…

Anonymous

Amanda,

i’m also a 13 W, and I feel your pain; but I”ve had a run of luck recently, and  just added 5 new pairs  of shoes to my wardrobe.  Check these out if you can use any of the following:  ViceVersa velvet pink flats from Zappo’s.

From Amazon:  Dexflex black MJ pumps; Amazon Essentials Navy blue ballet flats; and 2 pairs of Perfection Comfort Plus patent leather pumps, one red one black.  The heel is wide on the right shoe of the red pumps, making it slip a bit, but the others are all a good fit.  Hope this helps you.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Bettylou!

You always come through for me!

13W. What a challenge!

Thank you, Bettylou.

Amanda

Anonymous

You’re very welcome, Amanda;  and yes, it IS a challenge.

Sherri Cisneros
      Baroness

Try a wearing a size 16 or 17 in ladies shoes.  Although there appears to be slightly more selection available the last year or two in more practical styles.

Jay Upton
      Lady

I’m 1/2 a size from where almost everyone would have shoes that fit me. It just drops off a cliff after 11.5 women’s!

Check out “Penny Loves Kenny”. They have up to size 14 and they have some that are real fashion forward. I have a pair in 12W womens (I’m 10.5 mens) and they fit perfectly and look great. I’ve seen them at amazon and nordstrom rack, and they also have them available on their site.

Here’s what they have listed in 13W…I would bet there’s something there that will tickle your fancy!

https://shop.pennyloveskenny.com/pages/shoefinder/default.aspx?size=725&width=45122

[postquote quote=361231]

I have gotten lucky that Amazon carries up to size 12. I just recently bought 2 pairs of Chunky Pumps Low Heel Block Dress Shoes. 1 black and 1 beige to go with current and upcoming outfits.

Jill Marshall
      Duchess

Hi Amanda,

I am also a size 13 (and a 40B!!).  My recommendation, if you arent looking for something with the out and out power of most pleaser styles, would be to search up Rose Petals by Walking Cradles. The 2″ rose petals black patent bow pumps I have were my very first pair of shoes for CD, and many pairs of 4″ pleasers later, they are so comfy and pretty I still keep them close at hand and go to them regularly.  I also recently picked up a pair of j renee cameos, same type of thing, patent bow pump but this time around in red.   (I really want those cameo’s in navy too!!)  Both walking cradles and j renee both have a good selection of pumps that go up to size 13, you may just have to be persistent with websites to find them in stock.

Hope this helps!  -Jill

Anonymous

I myself go to Torrid all their shoes are wide width and they go up to a 13 wide

The best place to find large shoes is Long Tall Sally!  They are going out of business so everything is 60% off right now!.  You’ll find something there but please act quickly before they close!

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?